How to save energy and water.

Woodznutz

Platinum Member
Dec 9, 2021
Municipal water departments could reduce the water pressure in the distribution systems, or construct water towers to provide natural water pressure. Businesses that need more water pressure can provide their own booster pumps to increase water pressure. This will save water and energy.

Municipal water departments could reduce the water pressure in the distribution systems, or construct water towers to provide natural water pressure. Businesses that need more water pressure can provide their own booster pumps to increase water pressure. This will save water and energy.

My city has water towers in some places and pressure dampeners in others. Think last plumber we used said our pressure was a little higher than most get as it was 48 when most people get around 45.

Have you noticed the lack of PSAs about saving fuel like we saw in other high gas price eras?

It's like the dems and their media lackeys want the public to use more gas.

PSA's open the door for lawsuits and other problems. For example, I get 3 mpg more in the city by judiciously coasting in my car. However I don't do it if it will interfere with others. If suggested through a PSA it would be abused to a dangerous level by most drivers, if indeed it was used at all.

"Nothing is foolproof, because fools are very ingenious."

Last edited:
PSA's open the door for lawsuits and other problems. For example, I get 3 mpg more in the city by judiciously coasting in my car. However I don't do it if it will interfere with others. If suggested through a PSA it would be abused to a dangerous level by most drivers, if indeed it was used at all.

"Nothing is foolproof, because fools are very ingenious."
Good point!....People these days are dumber than a bag of hammers even though they have the info of the ages in the phones they have their nose stuck in every waking moment.

Good point!....People these days are dumber than a bag of hammers even though they have the info of the ages in the phones they have their nose stuck in every waking moment.
I blame it on specialization.

Specialization: Learning more and more about less and less until we know everything about nothing.

Typically a water service line from the water main to a single family home is only 3/4 inch to one inch in diameter. And on older homes they are usually made of lead. One of the first things I always do when I buy a home is replace that line with a 2 inch line.

Then I have plenty of water pressure.

Have you noticed the lack of PSAs about saving fuel like we saw in other high gas price eras?

It's like the dems and their media lackeys want the public to use more gas.
Do you really need the government to tell you how to save gas?

Typically a water service line from the water main to a single family home is only 3/4 inch to one inch in diameter. And on older homes they are usually made of lead. One of the first things I always do when I buy a home is replace that line with a 2 inch line.

Then I have plenty of water pressure.
My city has recently found and replaced the lead laterals from the mains to the houses. I don't know what size piping they installed however. Mine was ok and it is 3/4 inch as was yours, but I have good water pressure in my small house. :)

Forum List

Back