How to Put on a Condom

On the other hand, if you're too dense to figure out how to put on a condom without instructions, should you really be having sex anyway for fear of fucking up the gene pool?

I said this before, prompting Samson to start this thread, because he thinks it's very complicated to apply a condom.

You knew all this this FIRST TIME you used one???

You hill folk are born with all sorts of useful skills, aren't you!

I was raised in eastern New Mexico. No hills. Flatter than a pancake.

As for "knowing all that the first time", yeah. You act like this is all secret, arcane info.

1) You pretty much have to look for novelty condoms. The easiest, most obvious places to buy condoms - supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores - don't sell novelty. They sell real ones. And schools, clinics, etc. that hand out free ones? Ditto.

2) Nearly every condom on the shelves at your average store are latex. You have to really hunt for lambskin, or any sort of non-latex, and will probably only do so if you're allergic to latex. The average teenager wandering into Walgreens to buy a condom is going to walk out with a standard, latex box of Trojans or the like, just because the odds say so.

By the way, neither of these has anything to do with how to actually USE a condom. They're about how to BUY a condom.

3) You don't have to "leave a bit at the tip free". Condoms are made with a reservoir tip that accomplishes this goal for you, and have been for as long as I've been having sex. Were they before that? I have no idea. As for "pulling snug", most men of my acquaintance WISH they were so well-endowed that the condom was "snug". :eusa_pray:

Pretty much, applying a condom is exactly what I said: rolling a latex sock over a simple column. I'm sorry if you find that complicated.

I WILL tell you something that not everyone knows about condom usage, though: never use an oil-based lubricant with a latex condom, because it will degrade the material and make it more like to rip. Water- or silicone-based lubes are the way to go, if you happen to require lube.

Practically everything you've said is at odds with 'Bones.

If ADULTS cannot agree, then how do you expect a 14 year old to know how to use a condom by "Just looking at it?"

Except for the need to leave some slack at the tip - which may have been necessary once upon a time, I have no idea - I haven't said anything at odds with 'Bones. You DON'T want to use novelty condoms, but you're not likely to encounter them without looking for them. And I agree that you don't want to use non-latex (unless you're allergic), but they aren't that common, either. And neither of those things has to do with how to USE one. They have to do with how to PURCHASE them.

On the other hand, if you're too dense to figure out how to put on a condom without instructions, should you really be having sex anyway for fear of fucking up the gene pool?

I said this before, prompting Samson to start this thread, because he thinks it's very complicated to apply a condom.

You're both missing the point, and apparently have never been around adolescents.

You're both missing the point, and apparently have never been around adolescents.

Wrong. I have a 14-year-old son right now, and a 20-year-old daughter who still acts like an adolescent sometimes . . . but I digress. Condoms are not complicated machinery, and adolescents aren't necessarily retarded.

I was raised in eastern New Mexico. No hills. Flatter than a pancake.

As for "knowing all that the first time", yeah. You act like this is all secret, arcane info.

1) You pretty much have to look for novelty condoms. The easiest, most obvious places to buy condoms - supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores - don't sell novelty. They sell real ones. And schools, clinics, etc. that hand out free ones? Ditto.

2) Nearly every condom on the shelves at your average store are latex. You have to really hunt for lambskin, or any sort of non-latex, and will probably only do so if you're allergic to latex. The average teenager wandering into Walgreens to buy a condom is going to walk out with a standard, latex box of Trojans or the like, just because the odds say so.

By the way, neither of these has anything to do with how to actually USE a condom. They're about how to BUY a condom.

3) You don't have to "leave a bit at the tip free". Condoms are made with a reservoir tip that accomplishes this goal for you, and have been for as long as I've been having sex. Were they before that? I have no idea. As for "pulling snug", most men of my acquaintance WISH they were so well-endowed that the condom was "snug". :eusa_pray:

Pretty much, applying a condom is exactly what I said: rolling a latex sock over a simple column. I'm sorry if you find that complicated.

I WILL tell you something that not everyone knows about condom usage, though: never use an oil-based lubricant with a latex condom, because it will degrade the material and make it more like to rip. Water- or silicone-based lubes are the way to go, if you happen to require lube.

If ADULTS cannot agree, then how do you expect a 14 year old to know how to use a condom by "Just looking at it?"

Except for the need to leave some slack at the tip - which may have been necessary once upon a time, I have no idea - I haven't said anything at odds with 'Bones. You DON'T want to use novelty condoms, but you're not likely to encounter them without looking for them. And I agree that you don't want to use non-latex (unless you're allergic), but they aren't that common, either. And neither of those things has to do with how to USE one. They have to do with how to PURCHASE them.

Ok the two adults cannot agree on ONE point about how to put on a condom.

Thanks for making my point: NOT as easy as "Just looking at it."

Yeah, applying it IS just as easy as looking at the condom. I have yet to say otherwise, and no one has yet proven otherwise.

Wrong. I have a 14-year-old son right now, and a 20-year-old daughter who still acts like an adolescent sometimes . . . but I digress. Condoms are not complicated machinery, and adolescents aren't necessarily retarded.

Your logic is pitifully flawed.

Because you've had experience with TWO adolescents and you think "adolescents aren't necessarily retarded" certainly doesn't mean that many adolescents are perfectly capable of simply "looking at it" and using it correctly.

In my experience, with hundreds of adolescents that are not retarded, I've witnessed many, many, many instances when I've wondered if they WERE retarded. There are even studies to suggest that in many ways, they ARE, "temporarily retarded," by the influx of hormones into their brains.

Yeah, applying it IS just as easy as looking at the condom. I have yet to say otherwise, and no one has yet proven otherwise.

Testimony in this very thread proves otherwise.

Please, don't dig your argument any deeper, you're beginning to look foolish.

A 14 year old who can figure out every app known to a cell phone and text directions for using said apps, blindfolded, to a friend . . . can certainly figure out how to put on a condom.

condomboot.png

:confused:

Last edited:

Your logic is pitifully flawed.

Because you've had experience with TWO adolescents and you think "adolescents aren't necessarily retarded" certainly doesn't mean that many adolescents are perfectly capable of simply "looking at it" and using it correctly.

In my experience, with hundreds of adolescents that are not retarded, I've witnessed many, many, many instances when I've wondered if they WERE retarded. There are even studies to suggest that in many ways, they ARE, "temporarily retarded," by the influx of hormones into their brains.

I'm sorry you know a lot of brain-damaged teenagers. I'm also sorry YOU don't have much experience of teenagers, if you think raising two means you only have experience of those two.

It's a fucking sock. If you can look at a sock and figure out how to roll it onto your foot, you can look at a condom and figure out how to roll it onto your penis. I don't care HOW much of a hormone influx you're having.

Ahh, the old "I'm obviously right, just stop arguing" tactic. Sorry, but no. Vague references to "I've known dumb teenagers, they have hormones, so it's not that easy" proves nothing except that you have no hard arguments to the effect that condoms are so complicated they require instruction to use.

Ahh, the old "I'm obviously right, just stop arguing" tactic. Sorry, but no. Vague references to "I've known dumb teenagers, they have hormones, so it's not that easy" proves nothing except that you have no hard arguments to the effect that condoms are so complicated they require instruction to use.

:dig:

I'm sorry you know a lot of brain-damaged teenagers. I'm also sorry YOU don't have much experience of teenagers, if you think raising two means you only have experience of those two.

It's a fucking sock. If you can look at a sock and figure out how to roll it onto your foot, you can look at a condom and figure out how to roll it onto your penis. I don't care HOW much of a hormone influx you're having.

Exactly. It just isn't that hard. (that's what she said :mad:)

Exactly. It just isn't that hard. (that's what she said :mad:)

That is actually a requirement for applying a condom, by the way. You have to put it on an erect penis. On the other hand, any teenaged boy who gets so close to having sex as to actually apply a condom and DOESN'T have a hard-on you could pound nails with needs to see a doctor.

Forum List

Back