How to make your own blackberry wine.

Not what I thought this thread was about ...

piphone-625x350.jpg

Or peach, grape, strawberry or whatever you like.

I have a question for anyone who might know. Does it matter what kind of sugar you use and can you use honey instead ?

Sugar is sugar.
Figuring out the ratio is the problem,no matter what you're using.

Not what I thought this thread was about ...

piphone-625x350.jpg

You mean Hillary's "smashed Blackberry " wine.
hillary-clinton-sunglasses-blackberrry-kevin-lamarque-ap-640x480.jpg

It was one of Seth Rich's favorites.

I have a question for anyone who might know. Does it matter what kind of sugar you use and can you use honey instead ?

I don' use honey in anything but mead, but try it if you want to. You never know. You can always throw it out and make another batch if it sucks.

I don' use honey in anything but mead, but try it if you want to. You never know. You can always throw it out and make another batch if it sucks.

Not even sure about making it anyway. It's something I've always wanted to try, but don't drink anymore ( 1 year this August). maybe make it for gifts, but not sure I could resist drinking it all myself....the same way I could never make a bottle or case of anything last more than 1 weekend.

I'm not even sure about making it anyway. It's something I've always wanted to try, but I don't drink anymore ( 1 year this August). I could make it for gifts, but not sure I could resist drinking it all myself....the same way I could never make a bottle or case of anything last more than 1 weekend.

Don't sweat it. Unless you want to spend a fortune for fermentation tanks and such, you probably won't make more than a gallon at a time anyway. If you like it, it will be a couple weeks before you have the next one ready. If your only reason to make it is to get drunk, then save your time and money and buy what you want. It's cheaper that way. Making wine, or in my case RUM, is interesting and a fun hobby. Getting something to drink at the end is just an added bonus.

Forum List

Back