How to make a cat go away?

o fuck all ...stop torturing the damn cat...you fed it.....and now you are what....trying to figure out more ways to fuck with it...really gracie...you claim to be this big ass cat lover and do this shit?

either adopt the cat..since you feed it or take it to a no kill shelter....stop fucking with the cat...you are going to make it unadoptable.....

I agree with bones.

The owner seem like they do not care for the cat and you don't want it, so take it to a shelter where someone could adopt the poor animal...

either adopt the cat..since you feed it or take it to a no kill shelter....stop fucking with the cat...you are going to make it unadoptable.....

I agree with bones.

The owner seem like they do not care for the cat and you don't want it, so take it to a shelter where someone could adopt the poor animal...
I had a tom cat that would sometimes disappear for days at a time, come back fat and sassy, and I just KNEW he'd been charming some folks down the street, playing his "I'm a beautiful black cat with a big purr" routine. We got used to the fact that he would take "vacations" from time to time. I had no control over that and I CERTAINLY wasn't ignoring him.

Some cats will totally try to take advantage of you if you are a softy with them. You have to be firm with some of them and let them know that YOU are the boss. If you are good enough, you can have him come over only when you call him over to you and he will be less of a nuisance. Have you ever seen that show about the guy who trains cats? He is like the Dog Whisperer but for cats. He is pretty amazing, I must say. I've seen the show several times, and I've never known anyone to have such a great understanding of cats and their habits. They are weird critters. Lol. Cute though! :)

All that also works with women.

That is gentle method, but it gets the picture to GO AWAY?

Cat next door is so skinny..I felt bad for it. I know I know..do not feed it. Well, I did. Not much and not often. Last time I fed it was last week. Owner stopped by to chat and I told her her cat was visiting and she laughed and said Max (the cats name) is pulling the "I'm starving" schtick on me and I said yes..he is. Which was fine but I didn't plan to make a habit of it. And I haven't.

However, all day today since this morning, the cat has been on the front porch. I go out there to have a cig and there is the cat. Rubbing my legs, wanting attention. So I pet it then ignore it. But today it was different. It stayed. And stayed. And is still out there. All day, and probably all night too now. And it is getting more aggressive. When I pet it, it claws me, not retracted claws either. And it bites. Hard. I now have a hole in my hand. Small, but still a hole.

I think the cat has claimed us here, and the house as well. So what is the next move? Ignoring it? Shooing it? A mist bottle of water? Kills me to do this but I also don't want a cat, don't want to be tripped, don't want to be clawed on my legs or my feet bit.

I plan on telling the neighbor she needs to keep her cat at home but...a cat is a cat. I think it will probably fall on to me to make the cat decide to go home and stay there. But..what is the best method that will not harm the cat?

Ask Swagger

He has a good method. You might have to compromise on that last part, though.

o fuck all ...stop torturing the damn cat...you fed it.....and now you are what....trying to figure out more ways to fuck with it...really gracie...you claim to be this big ass cat lover and do this shit?
Show me my "claim" that I am a big cat lover. Go ahead.
Sling shit all you want...you only make yourself look foolish. TRY READING WHAT I SAID IN THIS THREAD.

btw..I ain't sfc, so your attempts to twist shit won't fly.

Meanwhile...back on topic...kitty was out there this morning again. Mist bottle is not really helping it LEAVE the yard, but at least it is keeping kitty from coming close to me. I will walk over to the neighbors in a bit and see if they have any suggestions. I might have to get the hose. :(

And I might go get Casey for the day. At least it is not in the triple digits today and we can hang out on the porch. Get some dog scent all around, kitty might think Casey is there for keeps and totally stay away.

40KJ49_AS01

I also did some googling last night. Kittys don't like citrus scent, or lavendar. It said to spritz either on the porch or around areas cats are not wanted to hang out. So..I have lots of lavendar essential oil. Guess I will give that a try too.

I spoke to the cat owner and told her the situation. She said she would try to keep the cat there but its an outdoor cat. I said I understood that, but she really needs to try harder...and I will too. Misting, no petting, etc.

My old cat got lost once..and he was not that old. He got lost a few doors away. So maybe this one was lost too? I don't know. But, the cat followed me back to its own house and seemed pleased to be there. I hope it stays put.

Damn. Went outside...there it is. Sitting on the porch again.

I give up. If it wants to hang out on the porch...whatever. No petting or speaking to it. Which is gonna be hard on ME.

Maybe I will hang out in the back yard.

I went back out front just now. She was waiting for me but near my car. I pointed to her home and said GO! She looked at me, turned around and went home.

I think she finally got the message.

A new product for pesky cats. Cat food that smells good to them but when they taste it it tastes terrible. Call it Mother In Law's Cat Food.

Kill two birds with one stone and gets social media all up in your program.

Some cats will totally try to take advantage of you if you are a softy with them. You have to be firm with some of them and let them know that YOU are the boss. If you are good enough, you can have him come over only when you call him over to you and he will be less of a nuisance. Have you ever seen that show about the guy who trains cats? He is like the Dog Whisperer but for cats. He is pretty amazing, I must say. I've seen the show several times, and I've never known anyone to have such a great understanding of cats and their habits. They are weird critters. Lol. Cute though! :)

All that also works with women.

I borrowed it from "Treat Your Man Like a Dog and Gain His Undying Loyalty" (because men secretly like being treated like dogs, obviously).

06-1n021-manwhisperer1-300x450.jpg

Forum List

Back