How To Help Veterans

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
Here's a great proposal to help those veterans in need of health care, including those who served under 24 months or are frustrated with waiting in line.

Expand Medicaid in all 50 states.

Oh. But we can't, because republican governors don't care about the poor.

The failure of some states to expand Medicaid is leaving a quarter-million veterans without health insurance.

258,600 VETERANS ARE LIVING BELOW THE POVERTY LINE IN STATES REFUSING TO EXPAND MEDICAID.

Many assume that all of the nation's veterans are entitled to health care through the Veteran's Administration, but that's not the case; a veteran must have served for two continuous years or the full period for which they were called to active duty in order to be eligible. There are some exceptions — like for individuals who were discharged for a disability sustained in the line of duty — but about 1.3 million veterans remain uninsured nationwide.

According to a report by Pew using analysis from the Urban Institute, approximately 258,600 of those veterans are living below the poverty line in states refusing to expand Medicaid. Without veteran's benefits — and with incomes too low to qualify for subsidies to use on the state exchanges — these veterans are left without affordable coverage options.

Twenty states are staunchly refusing to expand the program, and a few are still debating the issue.

I guess they really don't care about our veterans.

More...

There’s an extremely easy fix to this problem – red-state governors can simply take the good deal – though for most of the GOP officials involved, that’s still not an option.

That said, this detail about Medicaid expansion serves as an important reminder: the potency of the VA scandal extends beyond the VA itself.

As the seriousness of the controversy becomes better known, policymakers and political figures are eager to position themselves as champions of those who serve in the military. But for some, that’s trickier than for others.

As we talked about this morning, when Republicans voted to cut food stamps, the plan, if implemented, would have hurt veterans. When GOP lawmakers cut off extended unemployment benefits, that adversely affected hundreds of thousands of veterans. When Republican senators blocked a Democratic bill to expand VA health care access, tuition assistance, and job training, that obviously didn’t do veterans any favors.

And clearly, there’s a veterans’ angle to Medicaid expansion.

The larger point arguably has to do with political capital. When Republican policymakers reject progressive ideas, they tend to believe they’re ignoring the interests of those the political world routinely overlook: those at the lower end of the socio-economic spectrum, many of whom don’t vote. It helps explain why GOP officials generally don’t fear a public/electoral backlash when they oppose popular measures like jobless aid – they work from the assumption that those on the losing end of their agenda lack political clout,

They just don't care...

Considering that people with Expanded Medicaid in CA cannot find doctors willing to treat them, all this expansion is is a feel good faux metric for statist moonbats to fondle.

How To Help Veterans
Adopt Paul Ryan's plan to balance the budget in 10 years which was approved by the house. The plan which cuts over 5 trillion dollars in spending calls for increased spending on military and veteran's benefits, including restoration of cuts to military spending, no cuts to social security, and no increase in taxes.

Here's a great proposal to help those veterans in need of health care, including those who served under 24 months or are frustrated with waiting in line.

The failure of some states to expand Medicaid is leaving a quarter-million veterans without health insurance.

258,600 VETERANS ARE LIVING BELOW THE POVERTY LINE IN STATES REFUSING TO EXPAND MEDICAID.

Many assume that all of the nation's veterans are entitled to health care through the Veteran's Administration, but that's not the case; a veteran must have served for two continuous years or the full period for which they were called to active duty in order to be eligible. There are some exceptions — like for individuals who were discharged for a disability sustained in the line of duty — but about 1.3 million veterans remain uninsured nationwide.

According to a report by Pew using analysis from the Urban Institute, approximately 258,600 of those veterans are living below the poverty line in states refusing to expand Medicaid. Without veteran's benefits — and with incomes too low to qualify for subsidies to use on the state exchanges — these veterans are left without affordable coverage options.

Twenty states are staunchly refusing to expand the program, and a few are still debating the issue.

No, they don't care to support costly programs for US citizens that couldn't serve two years or the period of time they were called to active military duty and were not discharged for a disability sustained in the line of duty.

I'm not even certain how these individuals are even called "veterans."

How To Help Veterans
Adopt Paul Ryan's plan to balance the budget in 10 years which was approved by the house. The plan which cuts over 5 trillion dollars in spending calls for increased spending on military and veteran's benefits, including restoration of cuts to military spending, no cuts to social security, and no increase in taxes.

THIS Paul Ryan?

VA Care End Eyed for 1.3 Million Vets

Budget Panel Eyes End to VA Care for 1.3 Million Vets

The House Budget Committee, chaired by Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), has told a veterans' group it is studying a plan to save $6 billion annually in VA health care costs by cancelling enrollment of any veteran who doesn't have a service-related medical condition and is not poor.

Committee Republicans, searching for ways to curb federal deficits and rein in galloping VA costs, are targeting 1.3 million veterans who claim priority group 7 or 8 status and have access to VA care.

Priority group 8 veterans have no service-connected disabilities and annual incomes, or net worth, that exceed VA means-test thresholds and VA "geographic income" thresholds, which are set by family size.

More...

One disadvantage is that many veterans who have come to rely on VA for at least part of their medical care would see that care interrupted.

The Obama administration and Congress actually had been moving in the opposite direction, to expand VA enrollment, until Republicans won the House. As Obama took office in 2009, VA announced that up to 266,000 veterans with no service-connected health conditions would be allowed to enroll in VA health care. Rep. Chet Edwards (D-Texas) had fought successfully to add $350 million to the 2009 VA budget so income thresholds controlling priority 8 enrollments could be raised 10 percent.

No, they don't care to support costly programs for US citizens that couldn't serve two years or the period of time they were called to active military duty and were not discharged for a disability sustained in the line of duty.

Anyone who served in the military is a veteran. Those who served under the two years are still eligible for care if disabled.

But I LOVE this statement:

Lots of service members through the years didn't make it to two years of service in Iraq and Afghanistan. Because they were killed.

But you pussies who never served want to delegitimize them! Fucking pig.

STFU you stupid faggot!!.......you aren't a Vet so shit can it pervert. ... :evil:

I am a vet, Sunni Man, and have no use for any politician who blocks health care for vets, as well as other citizens.

I have no use for you playing the far right wing nut sharia clown on this.

Now here I thought Obamacare was the cure all.

If you really want to help a vet I will take any donation you wish to send. I served 6 years four of which were on a submarine keeping the Russians (USSR) from blowing your Mom and Dad to Hell and back. I suffer from PSD (Post Submarine Disorder) yet to be recognized but true none the less. So far I have received nothing from Obama.

Last edited:

Anyone who served in the military is a veteran. Those who served under the two years are still eligible for care if disabled.

But I LOVE this statement:

Lots of service members through the years didn't make it to two years of service in Iraq and Afghanistan. Because they were killed.

But you pussies who never served want to delegitimize them! Fucking pig.

:eusa_clap:

My guess is that if they were killed, then they wouldn't NEED medicaid.

Idiot.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hi, you have received -460 reputation points from Howey.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
pig

Regards,
Howey

:lol:
-460 points!!!!

:banana2:

How To Help Veterans

THIS Paul Ryan?

VA Care End Eyed for 1.3 Million Vets

Budget Panel Eyes End to VA Care for 1.3 Million Vets

The House Budget Committee, chaired by Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), has told a veterans' group it is studying a plan to save $6 billion annually in VA health care costs by cancelling enrollment of any veteran who doesn't have a service-related medical condition and is not poor.

Committee Republicans, searching for ways to curb federal deficits and rein in galloping VA costs, are targeting 1.3 million veterans who claim priority group 7 or 8 status and have access to VA care.

Priority group 8 veterans have no service-connected disabilities and annual incomes, or net worth, that exceed VA means-test thresholds and VA "geographic income" thresholds, which are set by family size.

More...

One disadvantage is that many veterans who have come to rely on VA for at least part of their medical care would see that care interrupted.

The Obama administration and Congress actually had been moving in the opposite direction, to expand VA enrollment, until Republicans won the House. As Obama took office in 2009, VA announced that up to 266,000 veterans with no service-connected health conditions would be allowed to enroll in VA health care. Rep. Chet Edwards (D-Texas) had fought successfully to add $350 million to the 2009 VA budget so income thresholds controlling priority 8 enrollments could be raised 10 percent.

This Paul Ryan...

As in the past, Ryan has steered clear of cuts to Social Security and promises steady increases for veterans.
Paul Ryan's Plan to Balance Budget - FOXNews

the budget recognizes the sacrifices that veterans and their families have made to ensure the continued security of our nation and provides funding to afford the best care possible for the services and benefits earned by veterans through their selfless military service. The total funding level of $145.730 billion is about $9 billion higher than the Veterans Administration’s fiscal year 2014 level in its most recent budget request. Veterans are, and will remain, the highest priority within this budget.
Veterans and Military - US House

There are 1.3 million uninsured veterans in the United States and about 645,000 uninsured spouses of veterans.

22 Republican governors refused to expand Medicaid to cover these veterans.

Why do Republicans hate veterans?

STFU you stupid faggot!!.......you aren't a Vet so shit can it pervert. ... :evil:

I am a vet, Sunni Man, and have no use for any politician who blocks health care for vets, as well as other citizens.

I have no use for you playing the far right wing nut sharia clown on this.

How much would you care pay US citizens that couldn't serve two years or the period of time they were called to active military duty and were not discharged for a disability sustained in the line of duty?

Now here I thought Obamacare was the cure all.

If you really want to help a vet I will take any donation you wish to send. I served 6 years four of which were on a submarine keeping the Russians (USSR) from blowing your Mom and Dad to Hell and back. I suffer from PSD (Post Submarine Disorder) yet to be recognized but true none the less. So far I have received nothing from Obama.

Thank you for your service sir.

I'm not sure Obama makes the decisions as to what disorders are covered for the military. Are you?

There are 1.3 million uninsured veterans in the United States and about 645,000 uninsured spouses of veterans.

22 Republican governors refused to expand Medicaid to cover these veterans.

Why do Republicans hate veterans?

Because veterans are already covered.

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back