How to Get American Employment Back Up; Economists wont tell you this

AntiParty

Tea is the new Kool-Aid
Mar 12, 2014
Hold the same standards for Imported goods as we do here in America.

We have high standards in America.......Then we should have the same standards for the goods we import.

The result will be lowered unnecessary standards in the USA and more jobs. Win/Win.

If we don't want a 12 year old to work here, why do we allow a 12 year old to produce our goods somewhere else? They are still human. If we don't want certain emissions here, why do we allow those emissions somewhere else on the planet, they still happen..

If we don't want a 12 year old to work here, why do we allow a 12 year old to produce our goods somewhere else?
So you want the 12 year old who works producing the goods you buy to lose his job? Not for anything he's done wrong, but because of his age? Suppose his job is what's keeping food in belly and a roof over his head. You want to starve that kid, and make him homeless? Not because of anything he's done wrong, but because it make YOU feel good? You must be a liberal, right? (Not trying to insult).

We have high standards in America.......Then we should have the same standards for the goods we import.

The result will be lowered unnecessary standards in the USA and more jobs. Win/Win.

If we don't want a 12 year old to work here, why do we allow a 12 year old to produce our goods somewhere else? They are still human. If we don't want certain emissions here, why do we allow those emissions somewhere else on the planet, they still happen..
Most idiotic idea ever.

Because if we were willing to pay the higher prices and lower level of lifestyle that would require, those jobs would have never left in the first place.

Because if we were willing to pay the higher prices and lower level of lifestyle that would require, those jobs would have never left in the first place.
Protectionism worked really well for East Germany.
OK, so maybe it didnt.

OK, so maybe it didnt.
That really has nothing to with what I said though...

OK, so maybe it didnt.
It did actually.
E.Germany took the same route. They protected their industries from foreign competition for years in order to save jobs. The result was a lower standard of living and when reunification came E.German industry was hopelessly outdated.
Protectionism is very costly. It favors those with jobs currently at the expense of everyone else.

I guess the first question I would ask is what makes you think today's Republicans (like those on here) DON'T want our 12 year old's to be working?

Then there is the issue of what makes you think that today's Republicans (like those on here) give a shit about whatever emissions are emitted here in the USA. You know that air pollution thing is as made up as GW.

No, today's global capitalist's are fine with American 12 YO working. You don't have to pay them as much and the transportation costs for the goods would be much less.

Besides that, it wouldn't be THEIR 12 YO son or daughter working.

I guess the first question I would ask is what makes you think today's Republicans (like those on here) DON'T want our 12 year old's to be working?

Then there is the issue of what makes you think that today's Republicans (like those on here) give a shit about whatever emissions are emitted here in the USA. You know that air pollution thing is as made up as GW.

No, today's global capitalist's are fine with American 12 YO working. You don't have to pay them as much and the transportation costs for the goods would be much less.

funny, because it damn sure would be.

It is excellent for a child to get a first job rather young - perfect time to learn good work habits. Paper routs and the like used to be the realm for those children to gain real world experience. What is so wrong with that? Nothing.

I started working around 15 and learned a lot doing it. It was a damn good thing I did, those habits I developed then have carried me through life. Unfortunately, such is massively taboo now without any cause whatsoever.

Antiparty,
Your idea is good. It is so good, it was adopted 50 years ago in Europe and has continued today with the most recent expansion. Look at Turkey cleaning up it's human rights at the moment to try and get into Europe. The whole Ukraine war was over them wanting to join the EU and the massive market it exposes.
Ireland in 1973 was almost a third world country and went from there to one of the wealthiest countries in the world in one generation, with out finding oil...

funny, because it damn sure would be.

It is excellent for a child to get a first job rather young - perfect time to learn good work habits. Paper routs and the like used to be the realm for those children to gain real world experience. What is so wrong with that? Nothing.

I started working around 15 and learned a lot doing it. It was a damn good thing I did, those habits I developed then have carried me through life. Unfortunately, such is massively taboo now without any cause whatsoever.

So that's what you think kids working in other impoverished countries are doing eh? Paper routes and the like eh?

How about YOUR kid working 12 hour shifts in a sweat shop? That'll teach the little shits. Maybe 10 hour shifts would be better if they were working in an industrial setting, You decide.

But we sure as fuck were not talking "paper routes". And you know it.

standards? ... LMAO

standards mean regulations, and regulations mean HELL NO

besides this country has a standard ... pay big oil subsides, they need the $, and refuse to pay American workers higher wages... they don't need the $

standards? ... LMAO

besides this country has a standard ... pay big oil subsides, they need the $, and refuse to pay American workers higher wages... they don't need the $

They don't want to bring the rest of the world up to OUR standards.
They do want the USA to reduce our standards to the low levels found in a China or a Mexico.
I mean all the right wing hacks just KNOW that the American worker just has it to fucking GOOD.

Why do these asshole Republicans hate the American working man or woman?

standards? ... LMAO

They don't want to bring the rest of the world up to OUR standards.
They do want the USA to reduce our standards to the low levels found in a China or a Mexico.
I mean all the right wing hacks just KNOW that the American worker just has it to fucking GOOD.

Why do these asshole Republicans hate the American working man or woman?

pay them less keep them poor, refuse to educate them keep them stupid, or they'll turn out to be anything but Republicans.

Nice effort :thup:

But nobody's gonna give a fuck.

P.S. My iPhone 6 is pretty awesome :thup:

I agree that no one will "care". Meanwhile they will make thousands of posts about lack of jobs in America. What they don't understand is what level of phone we could have if we accepted being the leading Industrial Nation we once were. We could have the top phone in the world easily. But the financial advisors would tell you that you could get more rich if you outsource.

If we don't want a 12 year old to work here, why do we allow a 12 year old to produce our goods somewhere else?
So you want the 12 year old who works producing the goods you buy to lose his job? Not for anything he's done wrong, but because of his age? Suppose his job is what's keeping food in belly and a roof over his head. You want to starve that kid, and make him homeless? Not because of anything he's done wrong, but because it make YOU feel good? You must be a liberal, right? (Not trying to insult).

^A WHOLE lot of scare tactic right there. Basic ignorance driven by the Corporate Establishment.

The kid should be in school. Education = Prosperity. Not using Children in factories. Learn some History.

Most idiotic idea ever.

^See. When you think a little, the small minds get mad. Note he doesn't say why it's a bad idea. He has no debate. He has the typical 12 year old response and I'm guessing he's probably over 70.

OK, so maybe it didnt.

Did I say anything about taxes small brain? I know you and your many of your "type" just want no taxes but it's part of America and the Constitution .. Get use to it and debate on the level of necessary vs. unnecessary taxation kiddo.

OK, so maybe it didnt.
It did actually.
E.Germany took the same route. They protected their industries from foreign competition for years in order to save jobs. The result was a lower standard of living and when reunification came E.German industry was hopelessly outdated.
Protectionism is very costly. It favors those with jobs currently at the expense of everyone else.

You CLEARLY don't know how to read and CLEARLY don't understand the OP. Even though the OP was VERY basic and short. So sad..

Forum List

Back