How The Left Killed Opera Music

Probably not that many on here who like and appreciate opera....however what has happened transcends music and gets more into politics.

I LOVE classical music and some of my fave is classical choral, esp modern. But not opera, even though I studied it in college. I know, I know. It really is such a niche, rather like classical ballet in the dance world. Interesting interview nonetheless. I listened to the first half.

Probably not that many on here who like and appreciate opera....however what has happened transcends music and gets more into politics.

I LOVE classical music and some of my fave is classical choral, esp modern. But not opera, even though I studied it in college. I know, I know. It really is such a niche, rather like classical ballet in the dance world. Interesting interview nonetheless. I listened to the first half.
I studied opera also and still can't understand what they are saying when they sing most times.

Opera sales of tickets have been in a slump since the 2014's...The OP gives no data to back up their assertions just a political stab at a subject by a very biased site for a story.

What an absurd concept. Doesn't matter if you are an opera singer, or a bus driver. If your beliefs are different than most of the people you are around, you can't expect them to change their minds just to make you feel better. If you feel compelled to tell others they are wrong, you will be seen as contrary and disruptive to be around. Most people in the arts do seem to be liberal leaning. That is just a fact. I don't know where the right got the idea that someone disagreeing with you is unfair, or that not wanting to be around someonewho is constantly contrary is not to be expected. Everybody doesn't get a trophy.

What an absurd concept. Doesn't matter if you are an opera singer, or a bus driver. If your beliefs are different than most of the people you are around, you can't expect them to change their minds just to make you feel better. If you feel compelled to tell others they are wrong, you will be seen as contrary and disruptive to be around. Most people in the arts do seem to be liberal leaning. That is just a fact. I don't know where the right got the idea that someone disagreeing with you is unfair, or that not wanting to be around someonewho is constantly contrary is not to be expected. Everybody doesn't get a trophy.
It's the Trump version of a campaign to teach hate to half the nation.

I can't get past the bizarre fact that trump thinks it's unfair for people to dislike him and his actions. He is effectively whining because he doesn't get the same trophy and praise as the winner of the race, even though he came in dead last.

I can't get past the bizarre fact that trump thinks it's unfair for people to dislike him and his actions. He is effectively whining because he doesn't get the same trophy and praise as the winner of the race, even though he came in dead last.
His major thought is,"it's all about me".

There is no opera music in china, so fart on again lee

I have never seen anything like the minds of TDS infected people. We started out talking about freaking OPERA and got to Trump in like, four posts. YOU think we're this obsessed; we are not. I am able to go many days together without one single thought on Trump. He was president; now he's not. You can't go three posts.

It's so strange

I have never seen anything like the minds of TDS infected people. We started out talking about freaking OPERA and got to Trump in like, four posts. YOU think we're this obsessed; we are not. I am able to go many days together without one single thought on Trump. He was president; now he's not. You can't go three posts.

It's so strange
It is no more strange than trying to blame one side or the other for everything and anything they want.

It's so strange
It is no more strange than trying to blame one side or the other for everything and anything they want.

No, it's really freaking strange

It's so strange

No, it's really freaking strange
If the OP wanted to leave politics out of it then the OP should have left politics out of the OP.

It's so strange
The OP is about politics dumb ass. You didn't listen to the link?

It's so strange
The OP is about politics dumb ass. You didn't listen to the link?

Yes. You didn't.

The "trouble" with opera is that you have to work at it to appreciate it. How many songs do you like on first hearing? Not many. But over time, hearing them a number of times they grow on you. In order to appreciate an opera that you have not heard before you have to listen a few times, and nobody has the time or inclination to do that.

I can remember a music teacher in college telling us to DEFINITELY get a recording of an opera and listen to it a few times before going to see a live performance. And you have to do that in order to appreciate it.

Too much work. We want instant gratification in all things.

who teaches hate to the other half?....

It's so strange
some people when they are listening to Pavarotti are thinking about trump.....its the way it is with the obsessed....

Forum List

Back