How Ted Cruz Can Still Beat Trump

JimBowie1958 its over....Trumps momentum is just too much for the other candidates to overcome. Outside of Trump imploding (which some people think can still happen) its just a battle for the #2 spot at this point.

If any other candidate were in Trumps position the media and GOPe would already be anointing them the nomination. The narrative would be entirely different. I think even when Trump is being sworn in as POTUS people will be waiting for him to implode or some how lose ;)
What do you think?

Hey, Republicans, This Is How You Beat Trump—for Real

*snip*

Boil this all down into a communications plan and it looks something like this:

* Commit to attacking Trump until he is defeated. This is key. It’s impossible to beat an opponent with a lead and ability to respond in media without a full-scale effort. No jabs or quick hits. The candidate and campaign must be focused on engaging Donald Trump until he is driven from the field. Risky? Not really. He’s winning and you’re losing. Beat him and you win.

* Control the pace: Trump is accustomed to existing in a comfortable world of his own design. He campaigns at a leisurely pace and has little of the support staff of a normal presidential campaign. To beat Trump, a campaign must take him out of his comfort zone and make him respond on your terms and timetable, not his. Like a hurry-up offense in football, attack Trump in rapid bursts with new, specific charges. Accelerate the pace. Keep him responding and don’t let him regroup. After his stumble in Iowa, campaigns inexplicitly failed to pressure him and he regrouped for the NH win. Don’t make that mistake again.

* Make defeating Trump a cause: If Donald Trump wins, the conservative party will be represented by a Manhattan trust fund liberal with three wives and four bankruptcies who boasts that what’s important is having a “young and beautiful piece of ass,” who loves Canada’s government-controlled health care, and who ridicules the American military as “never winning.” If Trump is what Republicans stand for, the party has walked away from every fundamental value.

* Make specific, blunt charges that undermine the premise of Trump’s candidacy: Donald Trump is Dumb. Donald Trump: What A Joke. Donald Trump Loves Michael Moore.

* When Trump responds, hit him harder and escalate the charge. It’s not just that Donald Trump doesn’t share the values of most Republican primary voters; it’s that Trump is a disgrace. We’ve all seen how Trump responds to pressure, and it’s never pretty. A faulty microphone at a rally in Pensacola, Florida, sends him off on a rant. Predictable questions from Megyn Kelly drive him from the debate stage. This is someone who is accustomed to being treated with respect by unctuous underlings. Treat Donald Trump with the respect he deserves: none.

Ultimately Donald Trump with his tanning goggles cartoon persona and paper-thin ego is a silly person who has stumbled into a serious pursuit. The campaign that takes him on and beats him will grow in strength and likely win the nomination. It’s not hard but no one is trying. Have at it and win.​

Cruz has a problem. That problem is called lies. That contention is starting to take hold.
And Trump's bluster and fluster is holding back many Republicans.

If Cruz takes Texas and splits the South, Trump is not a guarantee.
Cruz won't take Texas and there's no way he splits the South. He lost the Evangelical vote in SC and thats very telling/troubling for him. I think we're going to see Rubio as the new number 2 guy and Cruz will continue to cruise to 3rd place finishes.
Sil has pointed out how to get the evangelical vote back. If Cruz does that, yes, he takes Texas and splits the South.
Once you lose the evangelical vote......you never go back :)

Trump is going to win thanks to Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio splitting the votes. One or the other would have a chance to win the nomination on their own, but with the 2 of them splitting whatever is left over from what trump rakes in, they don't have a shot collectively. They have created their own '3rd Party' scenario where the 3rd party splits the votes and allows the 'opposition' to win.

And another far left drone that claims they do not vote for war mongers chimes and claims their support for the war monger Rubio.

And this far left drone just proves my comments!
Your looniness is evident, Kosh. Many good Republicans like Cruz. Many do not. I do not. His crazy interpretation of what the Bible and evangelicalism means is scary. I am going with a real conservative, Kasich.

Yes you are not a republican or on the right, you are a far left drone!

Sorry far left drone, but those claims you make are not founded in reality!
You are an idiot and a far right reactionary who does not understand that Cruz and Kasich are true Republican conservatives unlike Trump.

Trump is a progressive lefty and you love him.
Sorry Fakey I have been pointing out that Trump is a "Progressive" acting like a "Progressive".. Another far left drone failed post! And it proves that you drones only care about a latter behind ones name!
You bet I care about "latter"s. :lol: Your hypocrisy is obvious: you are a far right drone backing a progressive lefty, yet said lefty is going to betray you if he gets in. So you are hypocritical as well as foolish.

This from a far left drone claiming to be republican, now that is comedy!

Seriously you can not make this stuff up!

Cruz has a problem. That problem is called lies. That contention is starting to take hold.

Cruz won't take Texas and there's no way he splits the South. He lost the Evangelical vote in SC and thats very telling/troubling for him. I think we're going to see Rubio as the new number 2 guy and Cruz will continue to cruise to 3rd place finishes.
Sil has pointed out how to get the evangelical vote back. If Cruz does that, yes, he takes Texas and splits the South.
What a silly comment. Cruz hits Trump on abortion and gay marriage, he gets the evangelicals back in a heart beat.

This from a far left drone claiming to be republican, now that is comedy!

Seriously you can not make this stuff up!
So since you can't show my politics on this are wrong, you attack me :lol:, meaning you have lost the discussion. Get back to the OP. Cruz can still beat Trump.

What a silly comment. Cruz hits Trump on abortion and gay marriage, he gets the evangelicals back in a heart beat.
Evangelicals don't trust Cruz dude. His lies are catching up to him. If he wouldn't all out lie he could possibly win back that vote but there is a huge trust issue with him.

Cruz can't possibly win over Carson voters when Sleepy Ben quits the race and Kasich voters think Cruz is a lunatic. Rubio gets those folks along with grumpy Bush fans finally seeing the light. I don't see how Cruz gets past Super Tuesday when Trump and Rubio team up to end his smarmy run.

Come on

Evangelical always start up big but end up a big disappointment.

The 2nd spot is for the more moderate candidate--that is between Rubio and Kasich with pretty boy holding a better position. If they both drop out, Trump wins.

Jesus freaks are creepy.
Creepier are the FAKE Jesus freaks!

Evangelicals don't trust Cruz dude. His lies are catching up to him. If he wouldn't all out lie he could possibly win back that vote but there is a huge trust issue with him.
There sure seemed to be an issue in SC with that. Let's see what Cruz does between now and then. He has to come out hammering on gay marriage and abortion, seeing if he can bend Trump back to positions that may harm him in a national election. Cruz now has to worry only about winning the nomination before he can worry about winning the national.

Cruz can't possibly win over Carson voters when Sleepy Ben quits the race and Kasich voters think Cruz is a lunatic. Rubio gets those folks along with grumpy Bush fans finally seeing the light. I don't see how Cruz gets past Super Tuesday when Trump and Rubio team up to end his smarmy run.
Well, that's wrong. Ben's people will go to Cruz. Kasich's will go to Rubio. None is going to Trump.

Come on

Evangelical always start up big but end up a big disappointment.

The 2nd spot is for the more moderate candidate--that is between Rubio and Kasich with pretty boy holding a better position. If they both drop out, Trump wins. Jesus freaks are creepy. Creepier are the FAKE Jesus freaks!
Silliest are those who even think they understand Jesusland. You don't. Ben's voters will go to Cruz first and Rubio second. Kasich's will go to Rubio first and Trump second. Rubio's will overwhelmingly will overwhelmingly go to Cruz with a few to trump. Cruz's will overwhelmingly go to Rubio and very few to Trump.

Forum List

Back