How Religious Freedom Became A Rightwing Assault On The Rule Of Law

Jefferson was asked to step into the situation of a state that was going to institute a state religion. He said he could not do that. A state religion would be the opposite of a clear wall.
I didn’t ask why he wrote the letter. What I said was that he wrote the Letter to the Danbury Baptists which included his description of that high wall of “separation of church and state.” :dunno: So why did you say he didn’t?
How is it that Congress starts every morning with a prayer and has from the beginning?
Exactly my point. And also the national motto of “In God We Trust.” The alleged separation of Church and State doesn’t prohibit either.

I didn’t ask why he wrote the letter. What I said was that he wrote the Letter to the Danbury Baptists which included his description of that high wall of “separation of church and state.” :dunno: So why did you say he didn’t?

You added the descriptive "high wall" which he never said. What he was saying is not what most pretend he said.

He was simply saying that a state enacting a state religion was none of the Federal governments business.

Exactly my point. And also the national motto of “In God We Trust.” The alleged separation of Church and State doesn’t prohibit either.

So there is no "high wall".

Ok, i think I get it. Saying NAZIS is ok, especially when accusing an american of it, but any mention of HITLER is against your laws.

Sorry you don't live in a free country, I will try in the future.

Kind of stupid of you to accuse anyone of being a nazi though. Really increases the odds of a Hitler reference. You might want to consdier that moving forward.

I will go back and respond more... diplomatically. And with more consideration that you don't have the Freedoms that I as an American take for granted.

mmm, I wonder if my posts were censored before you saw them?
no comment

Correll

Everyone who votes for Donald Trump is a shame for the USA.
zaangalewa

Index for democracy (=rulership of the own citizens)
Germany: #15 (complete democracy)
USA: #26 (incomplete democracy)

PS: It existed a time in history when the USA had been called "the democracy". You are losing your self. That's not great.

Last edited:
You added the descriptive "high wall" which he never said. What he was saying is not what most pretend he said.

He was simply saying that a state enacting a state religion was none of the Federal governments business.

So there is no "high wall".
Oh. So your quibble is that the separation of church and state line was Jefferson but the “high wall” portion isn’t attributable to him? Actually, he used the word “wall,” too. So really, your quibble is the extra word “high.”

You’re a bit of a hack. Lol.

Oh. So your quibble is that the separation of church and state line was Jefferson but the “high wall” portion isn’t attributable to him? Actually, he used the word “wall,” too. So really, your quibble is the extra word “high.”

You’re a bit of a hack. Lol.

High is insinuating something that is not there. If there was this "High wall" we would not have started Congress off with a prayer.

High is insinuating something that is not there. If there was this "High wall" we would not have started Congress off with a prayer.
Wrong. Walls are generally high enough to accomplish their purpose.

And if the wall (however high) is properly recognized for what it is and what it intends, then Congress remains free to open with a prayer.

What is Gods preferenced religion?

Remember this? Are you stupid?

Exactly what does this:
Do you think Joe Biden is supposed to keep up with every reporter?
Have to do with this:

I seriously doubt your feeble mind will allow you to recollect, but hey, give it a shot.

That sounds like you mean to suggest that you could and would kill Correll, and to that only your “niceness” is preventing that from happening.

No - that sounds like I spoke with an idiot and now another idiot answers.

I'd have to say

do you?

that you being on the opposite side of the planet from him has more to do with it.

What an astonishing idea. By the way: I remember I was unbelievable angry one day when I heard a student had knived another student to death in our university. I never heard from such a loss of academic equanimity in whole Germany during the last decades. Both students had been US-Americans.

And also that even if you were near him, and had the will to attack him, you're surely too much of a pussy to be any threat.

:lol: Do you really think you are able to hurt me because you are a sexist? By the way: Since a minimum of 1500 years it is a "no-go" to be a respectless sexist for everyone in the western world who likes to be a man.

Try attacking any American, and you'll just end up getting your ass severely kicked.

:lol: In the whole history of mankind Germany never did do anything bad to the USA - but US-Americans murdered millions of Germans. And how many US-Americans do we murder every year to take revenge? Believe me: We are not proud not to be US-Americans but I personally never would like to be one. And why should I like to kill an ugly mouldy mud pool like you are one?

Last edited:

Deconstructing Dobbs

Whether or not one sees the Supreme Court’s Dobbs decision as barely concealed theocracy, it fails to provide any coherent legal analysis of why the right to abortion is not protected by the Fourteenth Amendment.

Dobbs was in no way the removal of the final brick in a steadily crumbling wall of protections for reproductive autonomy. The course of the law over the half-century separating Dobbs from Roe v. Wade (1973) had witnessed no erosion in the principles of personal liberty and equality that had been embodied in pre-Roe decisions. On the contrary, these principles had been continually extended during those years. Roe had built on decisions like Loving v. Virginia (1967), protecting interracial marriage; Griswold v. Connecticut (1965), affirming the right of married couples to engage in sex without risking procreation; and Eisenstadt v. Baird (1972), extending Griswold from married couples to all individuals, married or single. And Roe had in turn furnished the foundation for decisions like Lawrence v. Texas (2003), upholding the right of consenting adults to have sex with partners of any gender, and Obergefell v. Hodges (2015), affirming the right of people to marry those they love regardless of sex.

Far from the culmination of a gradual trend toward government control over people’s intimate lives, the decision in Dobbs—no less shocking because a draft of it had leaked nearly two months earlier—felt like a bolt from the blue. “To hear the majority tell the tale, Roe and Casey [v. Planned Parenthood, 1992] are aberrations: They came from nowhere, went nowhere—and so are easy to excise from this Nation’s constitutional law,” the dissent said, but as the cases listed above demonstrate, “That is not true.” Observers had to conclude that only the changed composition of the Court during Donald Trump’s one-term presidency and the formation of a five-justice bloc committed to a religiously inflected political agenda could explain the sudden shift.

It is fair to allow religious groups to use school rooms for their meetings. At my tax payer expense? Says who? Certainly not the First Amendment. It says nothing about that.

Says anyone with an understanding of the word fair.

You go to a group of students,

"Hey who here wants to form a student group and meet in school rooms? Ok line up, lets see, ok, Art Club? You get room 10, Music Club? You get room 12, LGBTQXZ Advocacy Group? you get room 16,

Young Christians? Whoa. you guys are CHRISTIANS. No room for you."

Correll

Everyone who votes for Donald Trump is a shame for the USA.
zaangalewa

Index for democracy (=rulership of the own citizens)
Germany: #15 (complete democracy)
USA: #26 (incomplete democracy)

PS: It existed a time in history when the USA had been called "the democracy". You are losing your self. That's not great.

Nice assertion. Nice appeal to authority. In the real world, Trump supporters are good people. YOu are a bad person for smearing such good people for no reason.

Says anyone with an understanding of the word fair.

You go to a group of students,

"Hey who here wants to form a student group and meet in school rooms? Ok line up, lets see, ok, Art Club? You get room 10, Music Club? You get room 12, LGBTQXZ Advocacy Group? you get room 16,

Young Christians? Whoa. you guys are CHRISTIANS. No room for you."

The 1st amendment is designed to protect religion, not be hostile to it.

Forum List

Back