How Not To Act Like A Great Power

While I won't bother right now, responding to the Jillian hijacking of this thread, as there are many threads on domestic issues/gay issues, I do wonder why once again she felt compelled to take another totally off topic?
I think it was a bit of a joint-effort, but then again, somehow it always is.

Excellent article, Kathianne. Sums up what a lot of people in this country are thinking. Sorry I can't increase your rep points or I would.

While I won't bother right now, responding to the Jillian hijacking of this thread, as there are many threads on domestic issues/gay issues, I do wonder why once again she felt compelled to take another totally off topic?

I didn't. If you notice, my response was just the flip side of the rigtht-wing opinion piece you posted. His observations on greatness were way incomplete. He left out some things that actually DO matter.

Someone else chose to respond only on the gay issue. If you go to post 7, you'll note it was all y'all buddy Steffie. I'm sure if you express to her that you feel she was rude in doing so, she'll be more considerate in the future. ;)

Hey, I'll take the blame....

.Sorry if I threw the thread off track....My Bad....

:cry:

Oh yeah... I will educate you, though. We don't write the name of G-d. It's a cultural thing. No fear. It's just considered disrespectful.

I am well aware of this practice. But, it does indicate that you are not on personal terms enough with God. What you take as a sign of utmost respect really shows how you place a great gulf of distance between yourself and God. If God is willing to lower Himself by interacting with mere humans and calling you by name, the least you can do is reciprocate.

I didn't. If you notice, my response was just the flip side of the rigtht-wing opinion piece you posted. His observations on greatness were way incomplete. He left out some things that actually DO matter.

Greatness is not really a cumulative effect. One single bad thing is sufficient to destroy a nation’s greatness. If we permit an immoral society to flourish at home, what hope can we have of projecting greatness abroad?

Greatness is not really a cumulative effect. One single bad thing is sufficient to destroy a nation’s greatness. If we permit an immoral society to flourish at home, what hope can we have of projecting greatness abroad?

Seems to me to lefties are bit too concerned with appearance. What matters is doing the right things for the right reasons, and if it doesn't meet someone else's arbitrary, bullshit set of standards, tough shit.

Appeasers suck. And they ALWAYS eventually are defeated by their own mechanizations.

Forum List

Back