How much do you drive your car per week?

Many drive more than you realize and they use it for work.

I understand that many drive more than I do. My daughter probably puts in 30 or more hours some weeks in her car.

Seems as good a place as any other for this.

In the thread about private car ownership it was stated that in Europe the average car is only used 4% of the time. My initial thought was "wow, that is really low".

But if you are basing it only on a 24 hour day, is it really.

Since I no longer commute to work daily I can say I drive my car maybe 5 hours week. My wife maybe 6 hour a week for her car.

So, at most our two cars are driving 12 hours a week unless we are travelling.

So, out of a 168 hour week we use ours about 3.6% of the time.

Just wondering how much other people drive theirs.

And no, I am not suggesting we get rid of private ownership, just genuinely curious
I'll give up my Hurst shifter when they pry my cold, dead hands from it.

I have a late 2016 Tundra with 11,500 miles on it.
You do the math....

hmmm....

assuming you bought it new that is about 40 minutes a week in your car.

That is pretty far under the 4% average in Europe

Mmmm . . . depressing question. I live and work in the Houston area.

I drive 35 miles to work and 35 back. It's a quick commute since I'm by a low-traffic highway, that leads to a fast freeway that takes me right there. Probably about the same amount of driving on Saturday and Sunday combined, 'cause my wife and I like to go places on the weekend. Maybe once every two months, a weekend out of town for more miles.

That's 210 miles plus however many extra on weekend trips. Maybe an average of 250 a week.

I'd be happy to have an electric car, even if prices went back to Trump-era levels. If electricity wasn't so much more expensive per mile that gasoline, and it it could be relied on for long trips.

EDIT: I put in the "Mmmmm" before I saw your "Hmmm." No, mocking intended, I assure you.

My commutes vary greatly working in construction.
It can be anything as close as five miles or up to eighty miles one way.
Current jobsites for most of the summer are averaging about 45 one way.
Gas prices are murdering us, and that cost is going to be passed on directly to the home buyer along with the higher taxes, permit fees and the outrageous costs of materials.

Forum List

Back