How Much Are YOU Spending for this Empty Building?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
img_6001_slide-af756dc369890c833bccaa9b309a989270d96a94-s4-c85.jpg

The article refers to:

Government's Empty Buildings Are Costing Taxpayers Billions
by LAURA SULLIVAN, March 12, 2014

From the article:

Government estimates suggest there may be 77,000 empty or underutilized buildings across the country. Taxpayers own them, and even vacant, they're expensive. The Office of Management and Budget says these buildings could be costing taxpayers $1.7 billion a year.

Read more @ Government's Empty Buildings Are Costing Taxpayers Billions : NPR and ask yourself, why? Why doesn't the government raze or sell of these sites? What's the reason for continuing to use taxpayer money for them when they are vacant?

:cuckoo:

There are three in my town alone.
As well as an abandoned museum/park that was never completed. This unfinished park made the "golden fleece list" back in the late 70's.

The article refers to:

From the article:

Government estimates suggest there may be 77,000 empty or underutilized buildings across the country. Taxpayers own them, and even vacant, they're expensive. The Office of Management and Budget says these buildings could be costing taxpayers $1.7 billion a year.

Read more @ Government's Empty Buildings Are Costing Taxpayers Billions : NPR and ask yourself, why? Why doesn't the government raze or sell of these sites? What's the reason for continuing to use taxpayer money for them when they are vacant?

1.7 billion? Let's know when it starts to cost us real money.

The article refers to:

From the article:

Shit,

We send that much to Egypt and Pakistan! A few dozen scientist and another few million dollars in equipment = good use ;)

Look on the bright side.

There are no liberals inside, spending our money and trying to restrict us.

Not yet... but all those new IRS agents that will enforce Obamacare fraud need office someplace. Think where they gonna put all SWAT teams that will come for you if you don't pay. Lot of potential there...

The Government also owns one third of the land in the US

6a00d8341bfae553ef014e87f3e653970d-800wi

Last edited:

The article refers to:

From the article:

at $50.00 a coat, 1.7 Billion will buy 34 million winter coats for children.

So what you refer to as a "nothing" can be used to ensure 34 million underprivileged children are warm.

Why do you hate poor children?

The article refers to:

From the article:

So what you refer to as a "nothing" can be used to ensure 34 million underprivileged children are warm.

If we wanted to buy 34 million coats for children we could do it

I just don't think Conservatives would let us

The article refers to:

From the article:

Funny thing, we can afford the coats as well. Heck, China might even cut us a deal? Do we have 34 million kids without coats? I sure hope not.

How much is that in condoms and beer?

Ouch...

Because another tank is more important to them. :doubt:

Diversion...typical shit from you........

The point is that $1.7 trillion was "excused" by the idiot as a nominal number..

SO I pointed out what can be done with it.

The point is that $1.7 trillion was "excused" by the idiot as a nominal number..

In a Federal Budget as big as ours, it's a rounding error. That's not to say you couldn't do some very nice things with it. It would buy a lot of sides of bacon at the Waffle House.

Last edited:

In Federal Budget as big as ours, it's a rounding error. That's not to say you couldn't do some very nice things with it. It would buy a lot of sides of bacon at the Waffle House.

Better yet it would be enough to add a much deserved push towards finding a cure for cancer ;)

Last edited:

In a Federal Budget as big as ours, it's a rounding error. That's not to say you couldn't do some very nice things with it. It would buy a lot of sides of bacon at the Waffle House.

lol.

1.7 Billion is a rounding error.

You truly are a pathetic human being.

Yeah they'll say being cold is "motivation"

Forum List

Back