How Many Will Die?

How many people will Covid kill today while President Biden continues to mismanage the vaccine response?
Thousands. Covideo can effect your balance. We need to outlaw tubs and demand handicap arm support be placed in all showers or cordon off the house/apt/trailer until the work is done and properly inspected.

Norway reported 23 deaths this week from the vaccine.
Since covid-19 is not endemic to humans, why would anyone want a vaccine for it?
Once we allow herd immunity to end it, its never coming back.

Norway reported 23 deaths this week from the vaccine.
Since covid-19 is not endemic to humans, why would anyone want a vaccine for it?
Once we allow herd immunity to end it, its never coming back.
The 400,000 deaths is a result of going for herd immunity naturally, without a vaccine.

Vaccination is much, much less deadly a way to achieve herd immunity. It's the sole purpose of the creation of vaccines.... to give herd immunity, without killing off masses of the population.

'Herd immunity' won't work without mass vaccinations. Vaccinnation programs ARE 'herd immunity' development.

How many people will Covid kill today while President Biden continues to mismanage the vaccine response?

Something over 3000. The death toll has gone up quite a bit. Worrying. At home, we're both reading The Plague by Camus. I'm reading Michael Oldstone's recent Viruses, Plagues, & History, which is elitist if not (so far in my reading) leftwing --- he is angry that everyone won't line up passively and take every vaccine they want to push into everyone's body, and points out that all cattle are vaccinated against rinderpest, a relative of measles, so why can't doctors vaccinate everyone against measles? [Sigh. Because people shouldn't be treated like cattle? He wouldn't be able to understand that idea.] However elitist, it is a very hard science and good information book with some original thinking. I recommend it.

I think it's important that the various states stop the datamining exercises of pre-registration and you have to show a badge that you're a health-care worker or are over 75, all that stuff should stop as soon as they actually get some supplies of vaccine and just let people line up, first come, first served. We've started getting calls from the County we live in, trying to suck us through all sorts of elaborate filters, but as Maryland doesn't actually HAVE any vaccine at the moment, that's pretty silly and we don't respond. I have sympathy for the state governors who are trying to buy it independently from Pfizer. I suppose all the form-filling-out business is trying to put us off, show us they are at least thinking of vaccinating people while supplies remain short and organization non-existent.

We're hoping to hold out for the one-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine, supposedly to show up in February, when there are likely to be half a million dead in America alone. We might get it later in the summer, if we last so long, if they aren't having problems with it.

The 400,000 deaths is a result of going for herd immunity naturally, without a vaccine.

Vaccination is much, much less deadly a way to achieve herd immunity. It's the sole purpose of the creation of vaccines.... to give herd immunity, without killing off masses of the population.

Right! :) There seems to be such poor understanding of this issue generally. Population immunity (I'm getting allergic to this "herd" word--- we aren't cattle) is the solution our evolution came up with and the one all of us who are older recognized as the solution to all endemic diseases in the United States. (The pre-vaccine solution to epidemic diseases was usually cleaning up the rats, fleas, mosquitos, ticks, bad sewage disposal, etc.)

And it works, in that with population immunity the only people who get the diseases are children, some of whom die of it, depending how bad the disease is. I had everything --- we all did, in the old days. Because children were the only ones not yet immune.

And without a vaccine, what other solution is there? None, really, not for virus diseases in which humans are the main vector. Can't really "clean up" that vector ------------------------------------- not that it hasn't been tried, in the past.

Something over 3000. The death toll has gone up quite a bit. Worrying. At home, we're both reading The Plague by Camus. I'm reading Michael Oldstone's recent Viruses, Plagues, & History, which is elitist if not (so far in my reading) leftwing --- he is angry that everyone won't line up passively and take every vaccine they want to push into everyone's body, and points out that all cattle are vaccinated against rinderpest, a relative of measles, so why can't doctors vaccinate everyone against measles? [Sigh. Because people shouldn't be treated like cattle? He wouldn't be able to understand that idea.] However elitist, it is a very hard science and good information book with some original thinking. I recommend it.

I think it's important that the various states stop the datamining exercises of pre-registration and you have to show a badge that you're a health-care worker or are over 75, all that stuff should stop as soon as they actually get some supplies of vaccine and just let people line up, first come, first served. We've started getting calls from the County we live in, trying to suck us through all sorts of elaborate filters, but as Maryland doesn't actually HAVE any vaccine at the moment, that's pretty silly and we don't respond. I have sympathy for the state governors who are trying to buy it independently from Pfizer. I suppose all the form-filling-out business is trying to put us off, show us they are at least thinking of vaccinating people while supplies remain short and organization non-existent.

We're hoping to hold out for the one-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine, supposedly to show up in February, when there are likely to be half a million dead in America alone. We might get it later in the summer, if we last so long, if they aren't having problems with it.
The finger pointing has just begun, WA democrat gov. Jay Inslee sprained his arm yesterday pointing fingers. He received 600K doses. They distributed 200K, but, not surprisingly they are having trouble finding people who want it. In almost the same breath, he is pointing at DC, saying they are not sending enough doses. What happened to the 400K doses that he is sitting on? And what good are more doses if you can't find people who are willing to be inoculated.

The finger pointing has just begun, WA democrat gov. Jay Inslee sprained his arm yesterday pointing fingers. He received 600K doses. They distributed 200K, but, not surprisingly they are having trouble finding people who want it. In almost the same breath, he is pointing at DC, saying they are not sending enough doses. What happened to the 400K doses that he is sitting on? And what good are more doses if you can't find people who are willing to be inoculated.
They could easily find plenty of people who want to get inoculated if they just throw it open to whomever. And THAT would quickly produce general immunity, within a very few months.

I do think they are doing all these filters about who can and can't have a shot because they really can't get the vaccine yet. There was maybe some hype that happened about supply and distribution.

'Herd immunity' won't work without mass vaccinations. Vaccinnation programs ARE 'herd immunity' development.

Not at all. It never was before about 75 years ago, with ANY disease. Population immunity in nature is everyone catching the endemic disease (that's COVID, now, very quickly) and some surviving it because of our immune systems. Which learn. Or we'd catch measles again every second Sunday. The reason we don't get diseases again (most of them. . .) is because of our excellently evolved immune systems. And now the development of vaccines to some illnesses. NOT all. Influenza is caught again and again because neither vaccines (the flu vaccines are next to worthless and IMO the good reason there is so much vaccine skepticism now) nor our immune systems can cope with it. So there is no population immunity to colds or influenza.

Or HIV. Because there's no vaccine (after 40 years) and no survival. They can delay death now with antivirals, but I was just reading HIV is like cancer: you don't usually die of anything else, unless you get hit by a truck.

Fortunately COVID is mostly survivable (like "mostly peaceful" rioting). At the moment, yes, we are indeed doing population immunity pure and simple --- remember that catching the disease and surviving it is the BEST way to get immune! Better by far than vaccines. But. . . . . . quite dangerous. So anybody who has caught it and gotten over it, count yourself lucky. The gods like you.

You're doctor now. Who knew?

I know the beds are filled up around here, which is all I need to know re how serious the prolbem is; if none of your fellow drunks at the VFW have gotten sick yet, well god for you; it still doesn't make you morons more qualified than I am to evaluate the situation, in fact it makes me look like a genius compared to you idiots sniveling about vaccines as if you had both frontal lobes to rub together.

Not at all

Yes, it is; it reduces the number of cases dramatically which in turn allows those who do catch it a better shot at decent treatment, and it also allows many to get back to some normalcy a lot faster.

Fortunately COVID is mostly survivable (like "mostly peaceful" rioting). At the moment, yes, we are indeed doing population immunity pure and simple --- remember that catching the disease and surviving it is the BEST way to get immune! Better by far than vaccines. But. . . . . . quite dangerous. So anybody who has caught it and gotten over it, count yourself lucky. The gods like you.

It has some quite nasty long term after-effects. It is NOT the flu.

And, re the history of vaccines, they were being used successfuly in the late 18th Century in the U.S., with smallpox vaccination programs.

Last edited:
You're doctor now. Who knew?

I know the beds are filled up around here, which is all I need to know re how serious the prolbem is; if none of your fellow drunks at the VFW have gotten sick yet, well god for you; it still doesn't make you morons more qualified than I am to evaluate the situation, in fact it makes me look like a genius compared to you idiots sniveling about vaccines as if you had both frontal lobes to rub together.
I'm a member of the vfw? Who knew. Lol, another dumbass media fed troll that knows all about nothing.

Not at all

Yes, it is; it reduces the number of cases dramatically which in turn allows those who do catch it a better shot at decent treatment, and it also allows many to get back to some normalcy a lot faster.

It has some quite nasty long term after-effects. It is NOT the flu. How many Centuries did it take to develop 'herd immunity' to the Bubonic Plagues, or Diptheria, etc.? They can't even keep track of the mutations yet.
Doctor dudley dooright!

How many Centuries did it take to develop 'herd immunity' to the Bubonic Plagues, or Diptheria, etc.? They can't even keep track of the mutations yet.

Population immunity was never developed to Bubonic Plague. Like SARS and the English Sweat and some other diseases, it just burned out on its own. Sometimes that's fast, like SARS or the 1918 Influenza, which burned out in about a year or so. Bubonic plague took from 1348 to around 1700 in Europe; of course there were huge plague outbreaks later in Asia, killed millions, and one of those made it to San Francisco with illegal aliens from China, and that's why we have plague endemic in the whole Southwest in ground squirrels and such; about two people a year die from it here. One day it'll come back, but simple antibiotics kill it, it's bacterial.

Diptheria now has a vaccine given to children regularly. I didn't get it, but I can remember seeing a "Quarantine" sign on a locked house door as a child; scary.

Population immunity is never developed to a number of diseases. Or vaccines to the same. HIV, the common cold, flu ---- also ALL diseases that spread by animal vectors, like yellow fever, which is a really bad disease we barely keep at bay. The vectors are mosquitoes and monkeys as well as people, so it's impossible. Anything insect-borne is a real problem, like West Nile or Lyme Disease. Sometimes you can do a vaccine, but not always.

What is the basic case you are making? You seem to be pro-vaccines, right?

Forum List

Back