How many of you Biden supporters that said the ban on Oil exploration by Biden didn't have an affect on prices???

*sigh*

I have explained this to you before. I mean please pay attention.

Winston worked for the Ministry of Truth. His job was to go back and change news article to reflect the will of the party. Orwell used this because of what was happening in the Soviet Union. Pictures of leaders before Stalin were expunged from the public record. Back then, it was microfilm, and Stalin instructed those able to actually eliminate, and in some cases, cut out, images of those that opposed his policies. Precisely the job of Winston Smith.

Another huge part of 1984 was 2 + 2 = 5. And here we are, in a world where 2 + 2 = 5 with you Trumpnuts. I mean the whole premise of this thread is a clear example. Gas prices are higher because Biden quit approving drilling on public lands. First, that never happened, mostly because, once a lease is sold, Biden doesn't have to approve jackshit. And while it is true, Biden attempted to stop issuing new leases, that is not what happened. He was blocked by the courts and sold more leases in his first year than Trump did in his first year. Domestic oil production is up over Trump's last year in office and will exceed even his best year by the end of this year. We are more energy independent now than at anytime under Trump. That is 2 + 2 = 4. Easily manipulated fools like you and Healthmyths allow the "state" in the form of right wing propaganda sites, FOX news the most visible example, have convinced you that 2 + 2 = 5. You don't have the intellect, the will, or the fortitude to fight it. You could never be Winston. I am Winston. I speak truth to ignorance. I don't forget. I will not erase, or even revise, history.

So it does make sense that you call yourself Winston yet you support oppressive government. No, jackass, that still makes no sense despite your waiving your hands wildly while you say it. Reject bull shit. Psst, that's you and your Democrat party. The one that wants Marxism, commie piece of shit

So it does make sense that you call yourself Winston yet you support oppressive government. No, jackass, that still makes no sense despite your waiving your hands wildly while you say it. Reject bull shit. Psst, that's you and your Democrat party. The one that wants Marxism, commie piece of shit
You are dumber than a box of damn rocks. Wants Marxism, what a total fool you are. At no point has the Biden administration, or Democrats, advocated for a command economy, and I know that shit sails right over your head. And I highly suggest you actually read Orwell, because it is pretty clear you haven't. You are so subjective to disinformation, mostly because you are absorbed with confirmation bias and you so desperately need to believe that disinformation. You believe that 2 + 2 + 5. So don't tell me about Winston. He had a rat ready to chew his face off, and he still insisted, 2 + 2 = 4.

Last edited:
You are dumber than a box of damn rocks. Wants Marxism, what a total fool you are. At no point has the Biden administration, or Democrats, advocated for a command economy, and I know that shit sails right over your head. And I highly suggest you actually read Orwell, because it is pretty clear you haven't. You are so subjective to disinformation, mostly because you are absorbed with confirmation bias and you so desperately need to believe that disinformation. You believe that 2 + 2 + 5. So don't tell me about Winston. He had a rat ready to chew his face off, and he still insisted, 2 + 2 = 4.

So much hot air, so little content. You can vomit all the shit you want, it doesn't change that you named yourself for the wrong side. You are BIG BROTHER, not Winston. You are on the side of big government. Read the book you little perverted, racist creep

So much hot air, so little content. You can vomit all the shit you want, it doesn't change that you named yourself for the wrong side. You are BIG BROTHER, not Winston. You are on the side of big government. Read the book you little perverted, racist creep
Obviously, you have never read the book. First, it was a book written against Totalitarianism, not Communism. Although you wrongly believe the book used the Soviet Union as it's model, Orwell incorporated Francisco Franco's Spain in as well. More Fascism than anything else.

The Totalitarian government in 1984 was kept in place by psychological manipulation, physical control, the control of information and history, technology, language, and the lack of identity for the populous. Take a look in the mirror. Trump and the Republican party are experts at psychological manipulation. They extort fear, seek to capitalize on divisions. Take the whole "replacement theory" bullshit. See how they use language? No one is being replaced. Or the use of "woke". "Woke" is not a bad thing, it means enlightenment--this nation was born during the Enlightenment age, are we going to call it the Age of Wokeness?

Republican's control in information through right wing media sites and especially social media harkens to 1984. We are more energy independent now than at anytime in the Trump administration, drilling has not stopped on public lands, and three out of four of the dollars added to the economy in the last two years came from the Trump administration. Biden has reduced the deficit, and will make an even greater dent in it this year. Will you find that on those right wing sites--no, controlling information.

Republicans want to control women's bodies, and they want to control your identity with national ID cards, the same held true in 1984. They want to tell people who they can marry and who they can't. Did you know that Winston Smith didn't even know if he was married or not? They want to control who comes in the country, who can vote--again, themes that ran through 1984.

The reality is you are a stunning representation of the results of the very psychological manipulation that was the major underlying theme of 1984. And the job of Winston is to let you know that. Although I realize it is a waste of time. In your world, 2 + 2 = 5.

Obviously, you have never read the book. First, it was a book written against Totalitarianism, not Communism. Although you wrongly believe the book used the Soviet Union as it's model, Orwell incorporated Francisco Franco's Spain in as well. More Fascism than anything else.

The Totalitarian government in 1984 was kept in place by psychological manipulation, physical control, the control of information and history, technology, language, and the lack of identity for the populous. Take a look in the mirror. Trump and the Republican party are experts at psychological manipulation. They extort fear, seek to capitalize on divisions. Take the whole "replacement theory" bullshit. See how they use language? No one is being replaced. Or the use of "woke". "Woke" is not a bad thing, it means enlightenment--this nation was born during the Enlightenment age, are we going to call it the Age of Wokeness?

Republican's control in information through right wing media sites and especially social media harkens to 1984. We are more energy independent now than at anytime in the Trump administration, drilling has not stopped on public lands, and three out of four of the dollars added to the economy in the last two years came from the Trump administration. Biden has reduced the deficit, and will make an even greater dent in it this year. Will you find that on those right wing sites--no, controlling information.

Republicans want to control women's bodies, and they want to control your identity with national ID cards, the same held true in 1984. They want to tell people who they can marry and who they can't. Did you know that Winston Smith didn't even know if he was married or not? They want to control who comes in the country, who can vote--again, themes that ran through 1984.

The reality is you are a stunning representation of the results of the very psychological manipulation that was the major underlying theme of 1984. And the job of Winston is to let you know that. Although I realize it is a waste of time. In your world, 2 + 2 = 5.
You wrote..."No one is being replaced"
Maybe you should tell that to the black community.

Black-on-Black crime': A loaded and controversial phrase often heard amid calls for police reform​

Black women have the highest abortion ratio in the country, with 474 abortions per 1,000 live birth
Percentages at these levels illustrate that more than 19 million black babies have been aborted since 1973

According to the Departments of Public Health of every state that reports abortion by ethnicity; black women disproportionately lead in the numbers. For example, in Mississippi, 79 percent of abortions are obtained by black women; in Washington, D.C., more than 60 percent; in Georgia, 59.4 percent; in Alabama, 58.4 percent. In state after state, similar numbers are found, with black women aborting at two, three or more times their presence in the population. At every income level, black women have higher abortion rates than Whites or Hispanics,
Accordingly, black women are 5 times more likely to have an abortion than white women. A recent study released by Protecting Black Life, an outreach of Life Issues Institute concluded that, “79% of Planned Parenthood’s surgical abortion facilities are strategically located within walking distance of African and/or
Hispanic communities.” This study coincides with historical revelations that eugenicists dating to the mid-1900s, “[argued] that the most effective way they could advance their agenda would be to concentrate population control facilities within targeted communities.”
Historically, blacks have been the unwitting victims of a hidden racist agenda of those behind abortion and birth control organizations because of they believed they were receiving a new civil right – choice. In fact, pro-abortion forces have created messaging that reinforces the notion of abortion as a civil right, as seen in a 2012 meeting of the Congressional Black Caucus and Pro- Choice Caucus. On Capitol Hill, these advocates urged their constituents to challenge the pro-life
Sounds like "replacement theory to me!

I and several others here have posted that Biden's ban on oil exploration done the 7th day he was in office was a direct impact on gas prices rising have been proven RIGHT by Biden!!!
Just to recall...
Biden STOPPED On January 27, 2021 the Oil And Gas Leasing On Public Lands And Waters ,
on land that provides 24% of domestic gas production, FACT: 24% of our national oil production comes from Federal lands. Oil from federal lands tops 1B barrels as Trump eases rules
Gas prices on 1/25/21... $2.392 Gas prices as of 5/2/22 $4.182 or a $1.79 increase in 14 months or nearly 75% INCREASE !
But NOW...
even Biden agrees that federal leases are necessary to lower gas prices!!!!
Biden administration to resume leasing for oil and gas drilling on federal lands
The move comes as President Joe Biden seeks new ways to help lower gas prices.

So those of you that criticized those of us that pointed the direct relationship to banning exploration on land that produced 24% of oil/gas would raise prices.... Joe agrees with us.... so what about you?
View attachment 642378
How about the record number of Oil companies that went bust under Trump....

This is the classic deflection from the Trumpettes... Biden has risen Oil Production by 60%+ bu hey lets not look at what a fuck up Trump made, lets concentrate on why Biden can't fix it fast enough...

So if you remove 24% of your potential inventory it doesn't raise the costs of your only source, i.e. private lands?
24% of what?

Oil is a global commodity, 24% of what was taken away...

There is people so stupid they think Oil found in US and refined in the US is somehow US Oil...

Well Stupid, it is not... It belongs to a private company who sell it to who they like... It only costs 3c a gallon to ship it to Europe if they pay more...

24% of what?

Oil is a global commodity, 24% of what was taken away...

There is people so stupid they think Oil found in US and refined in the US is somehow US Oil...

Well Stupid, it is not... It belongs to a private company who sell it to who they like... It only costs 3c a gallon to ship it to Europe if they pay more...
As usual you provide NO proof such as I'm doing!
The federal share of total U.S. crude oil production fell from its peak at nearly
36% in 2009 to less than 24% in 2017 at the same time overall production increased.
In contrast, production on federal lands declined each year from 2009 through 2017. Much of the decline can be attributed to offshore production falling by over 55%. Onshore production declines were less steep.

Now for you dummies.... If Biden shuts down exploration on Federal lands... what happens to gas prices???

Proof of that??

Biden pauses new oil and gas leases amid legal battle over cost of climate change​

Biden halts oil, gas leases amid legal fight on climate cost​

The administration said in a legal filing that a Feb. 11 ruling by a Louisiana federal judge will affect dozens of rules by at least four federal agencies. Among the immediate effects is an indefinite delay in planned oil and gas lease sales on public lands in a half-dozen states in the West, including Wyoming, Montana and Utah.
The ruling also will delay plans to restrict methane waste emissions from natural gas drilling on public lands and a court-ordered plan to develop energy conservation standards for manufactured housing, the administration said. The ruling also will delay a $2.3 billion federal grant program for transit projects, officials said.

So Biden's ban according to experts...
The canceled lease sales signal headwinds for the domestic energy industry and could dissuade investors from putting their money into the sector, Frank Macchiarola, senior vice president of industry trade group American Petroleum Institute, told CBS MoneyWatch.

"If you line up the series of [Biden Administration] policies, not one will have the effect of too sharply raising gas prices in the short term, but they all create in their totality an environment in which investors say, 'I'm not going to invest in this industry because of the headwinds,'" he said. "Over the medium and long term, that has a terribly detrimental effect on price volatility."

But dummies don't understand that gas price analysts don't look at today's supply of gas!
They look at the future and the future looks glum for oil refineries...
Remember Biden is in favor of ending oil industry, as he said:
Biden: “I Guarantee You, We’re Going To End Fossil Fuel!

Production comes from production wells. Not the federal leasing program.

Cuts in production come from shutting down producing wells, not pausing the federal leasing program.

Trump helped finalize a deal to cut worldwide oil production in his final year in office. It became effective right about the same time demand for oil started to outweigh production.

" The agreement announced on Sunday will taper into a 7.7-million-barrel-a-day cut from July to December and then to 5.8 million barrels a day from January 2021 to April 2022."

#SAULBIDEN#
healthmyths - what can ya say. LOL

It would be helpful if posters actually TRIED to differentiate the ill-effects of taking land out of leasing offers and actual production. Biden's (I doubt he personally has any role in this other than Klain saying "we're gonna do it cause the progs like it") policy may increase oil prices 6 years down the line. If we can replace oil with non-carbon alternatives maybe that'll be good. I personally would not take land out of leasing though.

Who in the hell are you to believe that 98% vs 94% figure?
WHERE is your proof?
FACTS: Biden administration to resume leasing for oil and gas drilling on federal lands
PUBLISHED FRI, APR 15 2022
So explain how can Biden resume "leasing" if according to you he never stopped the sale of leases?
Biden STOPPED Oil And Gas Leasing On Public Lands And Waters on January 27, 2021,
on land that provides 24% of our national oil production comes from Federal lands. Oil from federal lands tops 1B barrels as Trump eases rules

Now according to you Biden NEVER stopped leases so explain how he plans to resume something according to
you never were stopped?

PUBLISHED FRI, APR 15 2022

Biden administration to resume leasing for oil and gas drilling on federal lands​

Think about! Over 24 billion barrels and Biden has cancelled!
Biden administration cancels 3 major offshore oil lease sales
Why it matters: The move that all but ends the likelihood of the U.S. government
selling new drilling leases in coastal waters in 2022 comes as gas prices hit all-time highs and after President Biden spoke of supplying European nations with fuel to ease dependence on Russian energy following the invasion of Ukraine, per the Washington Post.
"Putin's invasion of Ukraine has driven up gas prices," Biden said.

The Biden Administration paused leases for 60 days. Not unusual for a new administration. He never said anything about a permanent suspension. Again he sold more leaseas than Trump did in his first year.

The oil industry has over 9,000 parcels of land to choose from. They have plenty of land that they have purchased from the federal government. Biden has not cancelled anything. Just because a lease is sold, it does not mean oil will be found. The oil industry has to find it. There may be nothing there. The oil industry has decided they will not spend more money on exploration.

Repeating back what I said is reflection of your lack of intelligence. But don't be so hard on yourself, intelligence is not something you can gain by just copying others.

You can write a book on stupidity based on your own stupidity.

Exactly. Leases are worth nothing if there is no permit to drill. And Xiden's Admin is not issuing them.

In the few posts above I also mentioned "subsidies" that left is threatening to remove from "big oil". Only problem is, they're almost non existent.

Left seriously use that logic for oil companies. It's a "subsidy" when an oil company gets the same tax deduction as everyone else. It's a "subsidy" when oil companies aren't charged for air pollution emitted by their customers. The only way oil companies receive subsidies is if you live in an alternate reality where words mean something different than they do here. Broadly speaking, these "oil company subsidies" are little more than generic tax deductions given to all extractive industries, or all industry in general. In fact, oil companies receive less favorable tax treatment than "peer" industries of mining or lumber extraction. The US tax code is full of cases where oil is given fewer allowances, less depreciation, or smaller deductions than other similar industries. That's why the effective tax rates paid are so high.

Congressional left has even tried twice to call out the 5 largest oil companies by name in the tax code and specifically give them harsher tax treatment than anyone else. I don't know if that's even constitutional, but I do know it's ridiculous. It would be like your city council passing an ordinance saying you must drive 15 mph below the speed limit, but everyone else gets to drive the limit, which is just plain stupid. Some politicians hate the oil industry so much they try to make special laws just to punish oil companies for producing oil.

For the sake of completeness, I do want to mention that there is some federal spending on national energy security. I don't consider this a subsidy to oil companies, because it's in the broad national security interest to ensure all major energy supplies are maintained -- regardless of the exact source. Specifically, the US government funds: a) small amount of technology research on various ways to expand the domestic energy supply, including some funding for oil/gas research, b) national oil stockpiles to buffer against supply disruptions, and c) military ventures to (in theory) safeguard global energy flows.

But we'd do the same for solar panels if stopping their timely delivery were guaranteed to cause global economic collapse. That's just simple pragmatism. Without energy, the world shudders to a halt. Oil isn't special. It's just big. If you look at how big the "subsidies" are claimed to be, most semi-credible sources put the number in the $2-6 billion range. That's less than ExxonMobil alone overpays each year in taxes relative to Apple. Even still, it seems big. That is, it seems big until you put the numbers in context and consider how central oil is to the economy. As a portion of total expenditures on oil and gas, even the trumped-up bullshit numbers are tiny. You have to consider how much energy payback you get for the government investment. Oil and natural gas receive near-zero subsidy relative to their importance, even when the subsidies are grossly exaggerated.

View attachment 644677 View attachment 644680

The facts matter:
  • Oil and gas is our most important energy source, and will continue to be for decades at minimum.
  • Oil companies pay punitive tax rates - more than anyone else.
  • There are no oil subsidies in any sense a normal person would interpret the term.
  • When compared on a fair scale, other energy sources receive dramatically more government support than oil.
This is more or less the complete opposite of what the general public has been led to believe. Anti-oil activists have repeated the lie so many times that everyone believes it. And this sort of misinformation is exactly why we have crap energy policy. You can't make things better when the truth takes a back seat to rhetoric.

• By November 2021, The Biden Administration Had Already Approved More Oil And Gas Drilling Permits Than The Trump Administration Did Annually For Three Years. The Biden Administration Approved More Oil And Gas Drilling Permits In Ten Months Than The Trump Administration Approved Annually For Three Years. “The Biden administration has approved more oil and gas drilling permits on public lands per month than the Trump administration did during the first three years of Donald Trump’s presidency, according to an analysis shared exclusively with The Climate 202.” [Washington Post, 12/06/21]

Oil companies are keeping oil supplies low to keep prices high. Their financial statements show they are making huge profits. There should be a windfall profits tax on oil companies. There should be one placed on all companies that are using inflation as a excuse to raise their prices.

You're repeating "official" lies. Lease is worth nothing if you don't have a permit, and most of permits are cancelled.

Add to it all the new regulations requirements just to get a permit, you'll find it's not worth to drill. Do the math. Oh, sorry, you're too stupid to do the math, maybe for left I should use the words "paint the picture". If Administration is allow to have so much power to regulate the reserves they will essentially be able to artificially control oil and gas prices. Possibilities are creating bubbles in the economy with cheap gas to control elections, or punishing locations by holding supply, and that's exactly what left is doing. Also threats to increase taxes on oil companies and cutting "subsidies".

The nominal corporate tax rate is 35%.

You are the one who repeats official lies. These are facts.

• By November 2021, The Biden Administration Had Already Approved More Oil And Gas Drilling Permits Than The Trump Administration Did Annually For Three Years. The Biden Administration Approved More Oil And Gas Drilling Permits In Ten Months Than The Trump Administration Approved Annually For Three Years. “The Biden administration has approved more oil and gas drilling permits on public lands per month than the Trump administration did during the first three years of Donald Trump’s presidency, according to an analysis shared exclusively with The Climate 202.” [Washington Post, 12/06/21]
You will continue to spout your lies. This is about hating Biden and you don't let facts get in your way.

The Biden Administration paused leases for 60 days. Not unusual for a new administration. He never said anything about a permanent suspension. Again he sold more leaseas than Trump did in his first year.

The oil industry has over 9,000 parcels of land to choose from. They have plenty of land that they have purchased from the federal government. Biden has not cancelled anything. Just because a lease is sold, it does not mean oil will be found. The oil industry has to find it. There may be nothing there. The oil industry has decided they will not spend more money on exploration.

None of what you wrote is TRUE because there is NO LINKS! NO substantiation!
NOW for the FACTS!!!

Biden administration resumes oil and gas leases on public lands,​

but significantly cuts back where that can happen in Colorado​

At the same time, the U.S. Bureau of Land Management is slashing the amount of land available for oil and gas development, an 80 percent reduction of the number of acres companies had originally expressed interest in developing for drilling in nine states.
Really helpful right???

Now for your "9,000" idiotic statement!
From people that now!

That’s true, but all work can’t begin ‘right now’​

Western Energy Alliance, which represents hundreds of companies involved in the exploration and production of oil and natural gas, says on its website that it is defending more than 2,200 leases in court, most of which cannot be developed while the cases are ongoing.

But you didn't hear this from the MSM because they donated 96% to Hillary she lost, the spent 4 years tearing down Trump so their 90% donations to Biden would work.
But you idiots believe the "9,000" figure because the MSM touted it! NOT true as the above proof showed!
So where are YOUR facts? I'm showing you the proof! But you ignore as dummies like you do!
FACTS
MSMdonations.png

Can it be said that sanctions against Russia has had a reverse effect on Americans?

We could entertain that as being the main reason for the war between America and Russia.

Cancel Russia's ability to do that with their huge oil resources. It could very well be the biggest consideration that will dictate world supremacy between America and Russia/China.
Russia Russia is horse shit.

It is what EmperorShitzHizPantz and his globalist minions are doing to force us into The Great Reset and Globalism that is causing all of this.

Russia has zero to do with it as just 2 years ago we were energy independent and as soon as Fraud Joe was thrust in to power illegitimately he started attacking our supply chain and our energy sector.

So Biden's ban according to experts...
The canceled lease sales signal headwinds for the domestic energy industry and could dissuade investors from putting their money into the sector, Frank Macchiarola, senior vice president of industry trade group American Petroleum Institute, told CBS MoneyWatch.

"If you line up the series of [Biden Administration] policies, not one will have the effect of too sharply raising gas prices in the short term, but they all create in their totality an environment in which investors say, 'I'm not going to invest in this industry because of the headwinds,'" he said. "Over the medium and long term, that has a terribly detrimental effect on price volatility."

But dummies don't understand that gas price analysts don't look at today's supply of gas!
They look at the future and the future looks glum for oil refineries...
Remember Biden is in favor of ending oil industry, as he said:
Biden: “I Guarantee You, We’re Going To End Fossil Fuel!

You expect a industry mouthpiece to tell the truth. That is the official propaganda. The Dallas Fed survey of OIL OFFICIALS shows that investors are the reason for not increasing drilling, not politicians. By a 59% to 7% margin. The oil industry is constraining supply to keep prices high. He is arguing for higher prices that are close to where they are today. Apparently you also support higher prices.

Today's prices do not look at the future. The spot markets and monthly contracts are not long term. They focus on the short term.

The majority of oil reserves in Alaska will stay locked in the ground if temporary bans on federal leasing activity introduced by the Biden administration become permanent, according to an analysis.

Of the US state’s estimated 23.3 billion barrels of recoverable oil and condensates, around 72% of the resource may never see the light of day, posing a challenge to Alaska’s oil-dependent finances.

However, the effect of any policies to permanently put the region off limits to new drilling would be unlikely to affect near-term output, with the impact only to be felt sometime after 2030.

During his first week in office, US President Joe Biden made a series of interventions in the country’s oil industry, in a dual attempt to dismantle some of the hallmark policies of his predecessor and kick-start a low-carbon national energy strategy that will chart a course to net-zero emissions by mid-century.

He signed executive orders banning new lease sales in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) in north-east Alaska – a previously protected region opened up to the industry in one of former president Trump’s final energy initiatives – as well as issuing a temporary pause on new oil and gas leasing across federal lands and waters.

Why do you continue to support Biden's efforts to destroy the oil/gas industry?

No one is destroying the oil/gas industry. What they have discovered is by keeping supplies low, they can increase their profits. Biden has sold more federal land and issued more permits than Trump did in a similar period. If the oil industry had their way, ANWR would be completely destroyed. Oil companies will destroy the pristine environment.

Get ready for even more, they cancelled a major lease sale today.

These are some of the highest producing most profitable oil deposits in the world.

These were cancelled due to lack of interest and due to legal issues involved in drilling in the Gulf that has not been resolved.

Forum List

Back