How many of you Biden supporters that said the ban on Oil exploration by Biden didn't have an affect on prices???

You don't know the meaning of the word "science," moron. Science lost the battle when the government put the warmist cult members on the government payroll.
America prevailed over science and so I pulled my dog out of the fight months ago.

That's what you're going with? So, if WSJ write it, than it's a lie, but if CNN say the same thing, than is true? Or are they both lying?

Interior Department cancels offshore oil and gas leases in Alaska and the Gulf of Mexico - CNN​

Is CBS News Trump's propaganda outlet too?

Biden administration cancels Alaska oil and gas lease sale - CBS​

How about NY Times, the biggest liars of all, they must be Trumpsters, right?

Biden Administration Cancels Drilling Sales in Alaska and Gulf of Mexico - NYT​

I would suggest you need to read your own links. The stories point out that the location in Alaska generated very little interest and hasn't since the early 2000s. The Gulf is caught up in conflicting rulings, one of which is by a Trump judge,

The oil industry still has over 9,000 leases to explore. Any new leases would have to compete against these 9,000.

In addition, the latest rig count shows that 698 of the 800 or so rigs that were in operation are being used. Again why have the 800 rigs not been re-opened?

Biden reimposed drilling restrictions lifted by trump and cut by off a pipeline supply while promising to stop all fossil fuel production by 2035. These pronouncements impact potential supply which impacts prices immediately.
Add the impact of money printing and you’ve got a self-inflicted economic/energy crisis.
Obama did the same thing when he took office and he screwed our economy for six years as a result.
The dishonest democrat excuse-makers are creepy.

You are the ones who are dishonest.
Biden went back to the policies that were established by Obama. Oil production under Obama rose. The government cannot print money. Only the Fed can and the beneficiaries were big business not ordinary people. Under Obama, unemployment stood at 4.7% when he left office.

1652563873576.png

'Nuff said....

Well I opened the file in Chrome and here is the summation of production on Federal Lands which you referenced
BUT you never( being "apparently incompetent") calculated the increase/decrease by President. I DID!
And Trump's brief tenure negated by COVID, leads the presidents in amount of production. In his 3 short years
increased production an average of plus 5% per year highest of the three presidents.
And this was done in SPITE of Obama's fewer oil/gas leases in the previous years. In case you don't understand
an oil exploration doesn't start the day the lease is approved but takes time for momentum to increase production also!
Because of Trump's easing rules and regulations he had more oil exploration leases as the attached also shows!
And that attribution to Trump is because HE reduced the rules and regulations that strangle businesses.
Case in point!
FACTS folks plain simple facts that Trump is like the little kid said "wait... what is keeping the USA from energy independence"? In part rules and regulations. R&Rs alone are estimated to cost the American economy as much
as $1.9 trillion a year in direct costs, lost productivity, and higher prices.
The costs to smaller businesses with 50 employees or fewer are nearly 20% higher than the average for all firms.
Just a reminder folks all of the above have links to PROVE the statements!
And as the above examples illustrate Trump took the same approach with energy and did something that NO other president in the past 62 years and 11 presidents!
In 2019, when Donald Trump was president, the U.S. did achieve energy independence, something that had not happened since 1957.

View attachment 644395

View attachment 644396

Regulations are a necessity. Clean air and clean water are important. Dirty air and dirty water have real costs as well.

Also worth noting that oil production grew under Obama despite what he did. Federal land is not the only option for drillers. In addition, Biden sold 3,557 leases on federal land. That is more than 900 more than Trump issued.

I always find it funny when retard calls someone incompetent. Too bad stupidity isn't painful.

Trump supporters are retarded and incompetent. You should be glad stupidity is not painful. Trump supporters like you are stupid as well.

That is bullshit.
FACTS: Biden administration to resume leasing for oil and gas drilling on federal lands
PUBLISHED FRI, APR 15 2022
Y
compared to 94% under Trump.
Who in the hell are you to believe that 98% vs 94% figure?
WHERE is your proof?
FACTS: Biden administration to resume leasing for oil and gas drilling on federal lands
So explain how can Biden resume "leasing" if according to you he never stopped the sale of leases?
Biden STOPPED Oil And Gas Leasing On Public Lands And Waters on January 27, 2021,
on land that provides 24% of our national oil production comes from Federal lands. Oil from federal lands tops 1B barrels as Trump eases rules

Now according to you Biden NEVER stopped leases so explain how he plans to resume something according to
you never were stopped?

Biden administration to resume leasing for oil and gas drilling on federal lands​

Think about! Over 24 billion barrels and Biden has cancelled!
Biden administration cancels 3 major offshore oil lease sales
Why it matters: The move that all but ends the likelihood of the U.S. government
selling new drilling leases in coastal waters in 2022 comes as gas prices hit all-time highs and after President Biden spoke of supplying European nations with fuel to ease dependence on Russian energy following the invasion of Ukraine, per the Washington Post.
"Putin's invasion of Ukraine has driven up gas prices," Biden said.

Well I opened the file in Chrome and here is the summation of production on Federal Lands which you referenced
BUT you never( being "apparently incompetent") calculated the increase/decrease by President. I DID!
And Trump's brief tenure negated by COVID, leads the presidents in amount of production. In his 3 short years
increased production an average of plus 5% per year highest of the three presidents.
And this was done in SPITE of Obama's fewer oil/gas leases in the previous years. In case you don't understand
an oil exploration doesn't start the day the lease is approved but takes time for momentum to increase production also!
Because of Trump's easing rules and regulations he had more oil exploration leases as the attached also shows!
And that attribution to Trump is because HE reduced the rules and regulations that strangle businesses.
Case in point!
FACTS folks plain simple facts that Trump is like the little kid said "wait... what is keeping the USA from energy independence"? In part rules and regulations. R&Rs alone are estimated to cost the American economy as much
as $1.9 trillion a year in direct costs, lost productivity, and higher prices.
The costs to smaller businesses with 50 employees or fewer are nearly 20% higher than the average for all firms.
Just a reminder folks all of the above have links to PROVE the statements!
And as the above examples illustrate Trump took the same approach with energy and did something that NO other president in the past 62 years and 11 presidents!
In 2019, when Donald Trump was president, the U.S. did achieve energy independence, something that had not happened since 1957.

View attachment 644395

View attachment 644396

Who in the hell are you to believe that 98% vs 94% figure?
WHERE is your proof?
So explain how can Biden resume "leasing" if according to you he never stopped the sale of leases?
Biden STOPPED Oil And Gas Leasing On Public Lands And Waters on January 27, 2021,
on land that provides 24% of our national oil production comes from Federal lands. Oil from federal lands tops 1B barrels as Trump eases rules

Now according to you Biden NEVER stopped leases so explain how he plans to resume something according to
you never were stopped?

Biden administration to resume leasing for oil and gas drilling on federal lands​

Think about! Over 24 billion barrels and Biden has cancelled!
Biden administration cancels 3 major offshore oil lease sales
Why it matters: The move that all but ends the likelihood of the U.S. government
selling new drilling leases in coastal waters in 2022 comes as gas prices hit all-time highs and after President Biden spoke of supplying European nations with fuel to ease dependence on Russian energy following the invasion of Ukraine, per the Washington Post.
"Putin's invasion of Ukraine has driven up gas prices," Biden said.
Where the hell did you get 24 billion barrels from, out of your ass? I mean do you not read your own links? I mean I have been over this before, pull your flippin head out of your ass.

The Interior Department said in an emailed statement that due to "lack of industry interest in leasing in the area," it "will not move forward with the proposed Cook Inlet OCS oil and gas lease sale 258."

You know who owns those leasing rights? You and I dumbshit. And if the industry isn't interested, well I doubt we get very much for them. So yeah, the oil companies are bitching because they want those leases on the cheap. Fawk em. Pull them off the market, make them utilize the leases they already have, and if they aren't good enough, penalize them or take them away. Then watch them come slinging the Benjamins at those leases when we do put them up. That could help Biden reduce the deficit EVEN MORE THAN HE ALREADY HAS. I mean Trump is one piss poor businessman. Had he just put his inheritance into an index fund he would have more money. And your lamenting over this decision is a clear example of just the kind of piss poor business actions you numbnut Trumpbots fall for.

The oil industry still has over 9,000 leases to explore. Any new leases would have to compete against these 9,000.

You're repeating "official" lies. Lease is worth nothing if you don't have a permit, and most of permits are cancelled.

Add to it all the new regulations requirements just to get a permit, you'll find it's not worth to drill. Do the math. Oh, sorry, you're too stupid to do the math, maybe for left I should use the words "paint the picture". If Administration is allow to have so much power to regulate the reserves they will essentially be able to artificially control oil and gas prices. Possibilities are creating bubbles in the economy with cheap gas to control elections, or punishing locations by holding supply, and that's exactly what left is doing. Also threats to increase taxes on oil companies and cutting "subsidies".

The nominal corporate tax rate is 35%. Normal large companies pay around 20-35% effective tax rate. Oil companies pay around 35-50% effective tax rate, because of punitive tax treatment. Add in fuel taxes and production royalties, and the US Federal Government makes more money on oil than oil companies do. It blows my mind that anyone seriously thinks oil companies are actually subsidized. That's the exact opposite of reality. But politicians and activists use whatever words they think will rile you up. Subsidy is a very charged word that implies a targeted, unfair advantage.

When most people hear the word "subsidy," they think something like this: "A sum of money granted by the government or a public body to assist an industry or business." This is the dictionary definition of the word. And by that definition, oil companies simply do not receive any subsidies in the US.

But that's not how politicians and activists mean the word when they say "oil companies receive subsidies." They mean something more like "paying less tax than we think they should" or "not paying for emissions that we think should be more regulated." The politician's definition of "subsidy" goes something like this: ""Any financial benefit from any government policy, as compared to a hypothetical alternative policy that would be less beneficial."

I always find it funny when retard calls someone incompetent. Too bad stupidity isn't painful.
Trump supporters are retarded and incompetent. You should be glad stupidity is not painful. Trump supporters like you are stupid as well.

Repeating back what I said is reflection of your lack of intelligence. But don't be so hard on yourself, intelligence is not something you can gain by just copying others.

Oil companies aren't interested because they know the Biden administration will not give them a drilling permit, moron.

Exactly. Leases are worth nothing if there is no permit to drill. And Xiden's Admin is not issuing them.

In the few posts above I also mentioned "subsidies" that left is threatening to remove from "big oil". Only problem is, they're almost non existent.

Left seriously use that logic for oil companies. It's a "subsidy" when an oil company gets the same tax deduction as everyone else. It's a "subsidy" when oil companies aren't charged for air pollution emitted by their customers. The only way oil companies receive subsidies is if you live in an alternate reality where words mean something different than they do here. Broadly speaking, these "oil company subsidies" are little more than generic tax deductions given to all extractive industries, or all industry in general. In fact, oil companies receive less favorable tax treatment than "peer" industries of mining or lumber extraction. The US tax code is full of cases where oil is given fewer allowances, less depreciation, or smaller deductions than other similar industries. That's why the effective tax rates paid are so high.

Congressional left has even tried twice to call out the 5 largest oil companies by name in the tax code and specifically give them harsher tax treatment than anyone else. I don't know if that's even constitutional, but I do know it's ridiculous. It would be like your city council passing an ordinance saying you must drive 15 mph below the speed limit, but everyone else gets to drive the limit, which is just plain stupid. Some politicians hate the oil industry so much they try to make special laws just to punish oil companies for producing oil.

For the sake of completeness, I do want to mention that there is some federal spending on national energy security. I don't consider this a subsidy to oil companies, because it's in the broad national security interest to ensure all major energy supplies are maintained -- regardless of the exact source. Specifically, the US government funds: a) small amount of technology research on various ways to expand the domestic energy supply, including some funding for oil/gas research, b) national oil stockpiles to buffer against supply disruptions, and c) military ventures to (in theory) safeguard global energy flows.

But we'd do the same for solar panels if stopping their timely delivery were guaranteed to cause global economic collapse. That's just simple pragmatism. Without energy, the world shudders to a halt. Oil isn't special. It's just big. If you look at how big the "subsidies" are claimed to be, most semi-credible sources put the number in the $2-6 billion range. That's less than ExxonMobil alone overpays each year in taxes relative to Apple. Even still, it seems big. That is, it seems big until you put the numbers in context and consider how central oil is to the economy. As a portion of total expenditures on oil and gas, even the trumped-up bullshit numbers are tiny. You have to consider how much energy payback you get for the government investment. Oil and natural gas receive near-zero subsidy relative to their importance, even when the subsidies are grossly exaggerated.

1652588702131.png
1652588753519.png

The facts matter:
  • Oil and gas is our most important energy source, and will continue to be for decades at minimum.
  • Oil companies pay punitive tax rates - more than anyone else.
  • There are no oil subsidies in any sense a normal person would interpret the term.
  • When compared on a fair scale, other energy sources receive dramatically more government support than oil.
This is more or less the complete opposite of what the general public has been led to believe. Anti-oil activists have repeated the lie so many times that everyone believes it. And this sort of misinformation is exactly why we have crap energy policy. You can't make things better when the truth takes a back seat to rhetoric.

You are the ones who are dishonest.
Biden went back to the policies that were established by Obama. Oil production under Obama rose. The government cannot print money. Only the Fed can and the beneficiaries were big business not ordinary people. Under Obama, unemployment stood at 4.7% when he left office.
The Fed is the government, you fucking moron. The main beneficiary of printing money is the government. Obama didn't have a Democrat engineered mandatory shutdown to deal with, so your comparison is idiotic.

Oh wow! How marvelous! Biden waves his 3rd finger and oil and gas increase!
Are people like you and nationworldnews that totally stupid?
All the oil that was produced in 2021 was done on land that was contracted under Trump's presidency!
Where the hell did you get 24 billion barrels from, out of your ass? I mean do you not read your own links? I mean I have been over this before, pull your flippin head out of your ass.

The Interior Department said in an emailed statement that due to "lack of industry interest in leasing in the area," it "will not move forward with the proposed Cook Inlet OCS oil and gas lease sale 258."

You know who owns those leasing rights? You and I dumbshit. And if the industry isn't interested, well I doubt we get very much for them. So yeah, the oil companies are bitching because they want those leases on the cheap. Fawk em. Pull them off the market, make them utilize the leases they already have, and if they aren't good enough, penalize them or take them away. Then watch them come slinging the Benjamins at those leases when we do put them up. That could help Biden reduce the deficit EVEN MORE THAN HE ALREADY HAS. I mean Trump is one piss poor businessman. Had he just put his inheritance into an index fund he would have more money. And your lamenting over this decision is a clear example of just the kind of piss poor business actions you numbnut Trumpbots fall for.
You wrote..."Where the hell did you get 24 billion barrels from, out of your ass?"

Please read...(if you can as the above source is from the below source!)...
The Alaska offshore is estimated to offer an average (mean) potential for undiscovered, conventionally recoverable oil of 24 billion barrels, with a 5-percent chance of oil resources exceeding 34 billion barrels. Gas potential averages 126 trillion cubic feet, with a 5-percent chance of gas resources exceeding 230 trillion cubic feet.

SOURCE: Assessment Data For Oil And Gas Potential Of Alaska Federal Offshore | Bureau of Ocean Energy Management
BOEM is the U.S. Department of the Interior, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management

Forum List

Back