How many here are on Medicare / Medicaid ? Say Bye Bye to your Coverage....

Well Trump has picked his person to run Medicare and Medicaid...

Trump Picks Seema Verma To Run Medicare And Medicaid

Wow we are screwed....She was on Mike Pences Team..

here are a few comments about Pences insurance plan..

The approval of the Healthy Indiana Plan will leave thousands of Hoosiers effectively without the medical care that they need. This is simply an attempt by Indiana Republicans to circumvent the Affordable Health Care Act which they loathe. The State of Indiana is sending the message that its citizens do not deserve universal health coverage. At the same time HIP will cost the Hoosier state much of the federal government subsidy that our neighboring states are already reaping. This is our governor's attempt to put his personal agenda above the health and well being of the Hoosier electorate. The poorest among us, the most vulnerable, the unhealthiest will be forced to contribute $2500 of their own money first before the HIP plan pays out. That is unconscionable! Worse yet, if these enrollees are unable for whatever reason to continue contributing toward their Health Savings Plan their benefits will be reduced or even lost. Where is compassion? Do not allow this plan to go forward!

Medicaid - Public Comments - The Healthy Indiana Plan (HIP) 2.0

Yeah $2,500 to a poor family could be like 25% of what they make per year.

I still don't understand why AARP wasn't more forceful in trying to protect Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. Did they simply take Trump at his word that he would protect them?

I believed him until he got Pence the Prick....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

But your right.

I forgive you - but you should have known better. Trump already had a long history of lies and deception before the General Election. Now, he's also draining the so-called swamp - and bringing all the elitist insider swamp monsters into his cabinet. How does his base feel about all that?
how did you feel when obama surrounded himself with racists like Eric Holder? was that a problem for you? didnt think so. So why should we be concerned with President Trump bringing other economy minded people on board to help fix what the last 30 years of overspending has done to this country.
you want to keep getting all your free shit? you better be willing to suffer a little bit while they find the money to give it to you because the working mans wallet is starting to close up pretty damn tight.

Now, that would be the dems. Thus their inheritance tax.
Why I voted straight line democrat! Fucking evil mother fuckers the republican party is.

You got that right. The GOP will not be happy until every last man, woman, and child are dead as a door nail

You heard it here first.

On a serious note, will the Republicans create suicide clinics?

Nope, too expensive.

Limited government means a limited population dingleberry.

The GOP is probably coming for you next!

You could go to Canada.

Really Dims, I say this out of concern for your safety. Leave the US NOW or face the GOP extermination camps.

Too expensive? They'll get it covered by insurance.

The only insurance the GOP cares about is the death benefit.

Trump said he didn't want to touch medicare...but he fucking lied...

As chairman of the House Budget Committee, Price emerged as a top advocate of Speaker Paul Ryan’s plan to transform Medicare from a program that supplies a defined set of benefits into a “premium support” model that would, similar to a key part of Obamacare, offer subsidies for participants to purchase health care directly from insurance companies. Price also wants to raise the eligibility age of Medicare from 65 to 67.

Trump has said he opposes GOP plans to provide vouchers for future Medicare beneficiaries and GOP support for the idea has never been tested beyond its inclusion in some budget blueprints. Price’s plan would require people who are now in their late 50s to accept the Medicare subsidies, which critics say would fail to keep pace with inflation and force higher out-of-pocket costs like deductibles and co-payments.

Price also backs, as does Trump, a plan by House Republicans to sharply cut the costs of Medicaid (called Medi-Cal in California) by turning it over to the states to run through block grants.

Nominating Congressman Price to be the HHS secretary is akin to asking the fox to guard the hen house.”

Trump's pick of Tom Price rattles California health care advocates
Say bye to Obamacare.....:lol:

All you Blue collar Billionaire fans pay attention ...you have been officially "schlonged"
Trump appoints Wall Street shark he attacked as "robbing our working-class" in campaign-ad
Nothing says 'Drain the Swamp!' like Trump's Treasury pick: Former Goldman Sachs exec Steven Mnuchin

Steven Mnuchin, a hedge fund manager and former Goldman Sachs executive, is President-elect Donald Trump's choice for Treasury secretary, the New York Times and CBS News reported Tuesday.

A graduate of Yale University, Mnuchin worked for 17 years at Goldman Sachs, the powerful Wall Street investment bank targeted by Trump during the campaign. He left in 2002 to start Dune Capital Management, a hedge fund. He has also invested in the entertainment industry and housing.

Mr. Trump, in a campaign ad intended as a closing argument, portrayed the chief executive of Goldman Sachs as the personification of a global elite that the ad said had “robbed our working class.”

------------

Is the swamp drained yet?

tea-party-ted-meme-pro-life.jpg

The approval of the Healthy Indiana Plan will leave thousands of Hoosiers effectively without the medical care that they need. This is simply an attempt by Indiana Republicans to circumvent the Affordable Health Care Act which they loathe. The State of Indiana is sending the message that its citizens do not deserve universal health coverage. At the same time HIP will cost the Hoosier state much of the federal government subsidy that our neighboring states are already reaping. This is our governor's attempt to put his personal agenda above the health and well being of the Hoosier electorate. The poorest among us, the most vulnerable, the unhealthiest will be forced to contribute $2500 of their own money first before the HIP plan pays out. That is unconscionable! Worse yet, if these enrollees are unable for whatever reason to continue contributing toward their Health Savings Plan their benefits will be reduced or even lost. Where is compassion? Do not allow this plan to go forward!

that would be below the current min wage. perhaps this poor family should go ahead and get a full time job or two between them.
the rest of us should not have to pay for lazy.

that would be below the current min wage. perhaps this poor family should go ahead and get a full time job or two between them.

Well here's the deal. Not all companies will give people full time jobs because then they have to give them more benefits other than just offering marketplace insurance. So most companies try to limit workers to around 32 hours a week. 32 hours at 7.25 is $232 a week BEFORE taxes. So let's knock that down to about $170. $170 for 52 weeks, is $8,840. Now, if it was a family and not just a single parent, you could double that number.

We aren't always talking about two income families however. $2,500 a year out of $8,840 is quite a lot to pay.

I think it's pretty simple was is going on here. Rich people and insurance companies want people to pay for insurance that they hope you stay healthy enough NOT to use... and when you do use it, they make the out of pocket cost enough so that many times when you do need to use it, you don't because you can't afford to.

Well here's the deal. Not all companies will give people full time jobs because then they have to give them more benefits other than just offering marketplace insurance. So most companies try to limit workers to around 32 hours a week. 32 hours at 7.25 is $232 a week BEFORE taxes. So let's knock that down to about $170. $170 for 52 weeks, is $8,840. Now, if it was a family and not just a single parent, you could double that number.

We aren't always talking about two income families however. $2,500 a year out of $8,840 is quite a lot to pay.

I think it's pretty simple was is going on here. Rich people and insurance companies want people to pay for insurance that they hope you stay healthy enough NOT to use... and when you do use it, they make the out of pocket cost enough so that many times when you do need to use it, you don't because you can't afford to.
well heres the deal. If the liberals would have left well enough alone, companies wouldnt be cutting workers hours back, and making it so that the middle class cant afford to use their insurance is not the answer. why would someone have a family on only 10 grand a year? what kind of idiot does it take to do that? and more important what makes you think that the rest of us should pay for their idiocy. let them figure it out on their own. oh, and they get all that tax money back at the end of the year, plus more that they didnt even pay.

I still don't understand why AARP wasn't more forceful in trying to protect Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. Did they simply take Trump at his word that he would protect them?

But your right.

I forgive you - but you should have known better. Trump already had a long history of lies and deception before the General Election. Now, he's also draining the so-called swamp - and bringing all the elitist insider swamp monsters into his cabinet. How does his base feel about all that?
how did you feel when obama surrounded himself with racists like Eric Holder? was that a problem for you? didnt think so. So why should we be concerned with President Trump bringing other economy minded people on board to help fix what the last 30 years of overspending has done to this country.
you want to keep getting all your free shit? you better be willing to suffer a little bit while they find the money to give it to you because the working mans wallet is starting to close up pretty damn tight.

I hope you are right MP.

I was okay with the fact that Clinton, Bush and Obama staffed their economic teams with people form Wall Street, especially Goldman Sachs.

But Trump ran against Hillary's insider connections with Goldman Sachs, yet he is surrounding himself with Goldman Sachs people and other elitist billionaires and lobbying magnates. He said he would play hardball against companies who went to Mexico, threatening them with a 35% tax to bring their goods back in - yet he opened the taxpayer's wallet to keep those Carrier jobs. Now every corporation is going to come to Trump Tower begging for favors. I was hoping he would make actual deals.

And his secretary of treasury profited off the backs of middle class home owners. It's hard to know where all this is going, but I'm worried that we are going to see a repeat of Reagan's spending and deficits. Reagan tripled Carter's spending, but it gets worse. Rather than raising revenue to pay for his unprecedented increase in defense spending, he handed out tax breaks to the donor class. The result was massive deficits. I'm not saying the Left is any better, but the Republican brand is to decrease spending and pay for their shit.

Are you planning on holding Trump accountable if he doesn't get the debt under control? What happens if he follows through with his plan to radically increase military and infrastructure spending? This is why the CBO said that his plan was going to be way more expensive than Clinton's. Are you going to hold him accountable or are you going to defend him no matter what he does?

But your right.

I hope you are right MP.

I was okay with the fact that Clinton, Bush and Obama staffed their economic teams with people form Wall Street, especially Goldman Sachs.

But Trump ran against Hillary's insider connections with Goldman Sachs, yet he is surrounding himself with Goldman Sachs people and other elitist billionaires and lobbying magnates. He said he would play hardball against companies who went to Mexico, threatening them with a 35% tax to bring their goods back in - yet he opened the taxpayer's wallet to keep those Carrier jobs. Now every corporation is going to come to Trump Tower begging for favors. I was hoping he would make actual deals.

And his secretary of treasury profited off the backs of middle class home owners. It's hard to know where all this is going, but I'm worried that we are going to see a repeat of Reagan's spending and deficits. Reagan tripled Carter's spending, but it gets worse. Rather than raising revenue to pay for his unprecedented increase in defense spending, he handed out tax breaks to the donor class. The result was massive deficits. I'm not saying the Left is any better, but the Republican brand is to decrease spending and pay for their shit.

Are you planning on holding Trump accountable if he doesn't get the debt under control? What happens if he follows through with his plan to radically increase military and infrastructure spending? This is why the CBO said that his plan was going to be way more expensive than Clinton's. Are you going to hold him accountable or are you going to defend him no matter what he does?
wait, you know the details of the Carrier talks? What did they get? so far nothing has been said, you would have had to been in the room with them, are you getting something from it also?

Trump said he didn't want to touch medicare...but he fucking lied...

As chairman of the House Budget Committee, Price emerged as a top advocate of Speaker Paul Ryan’s plan to transform Medicare from a program that supplies a defined set of benefits into a “premium support” model that would, similar to a key part of Obamacare, offer subsidies for participants to purchase health care directly from insurance companies. Price also wants to raise the eligibility age of Medicare from 65 to 67.

Trump has said he opposes GOP plans to provide vouchers for future Medicare beneficiaries and GOP support for the idea has never been tested beyond its inclusion in some budget blueprints. Price’s plan would require people who are now in their late 50s to accept the Medicare subsidies, which critics say would fail to keep pace with inflation and force higher out-of-pocket costs like deductibles and co-payments.

Price also backs, as does Trump, a plan by House Republicans to sharply cut the costs of Medicaid (called Medi-Cal in California) by turning it over to the states to run through block grants.

Nominating Congressman Price to be the HHS secretary is akin to asking the fox to guard the hen house.”

Trump's pick of Tom Price rattles California health care advocates

What a load of horseshit. Medicare will be here.

As for Medicaid? I for one am sick of paying for assholes who don't pay for themselves. They aren't my responsibility nor the responsibility of the tax payers of Americas.

As far as I am concerned medicare and medicaid are two of the finest things we've done in this nation. Those who whine and cry about them simply believe that the rich should call the shots. Truly anti american.

Forum List

Back