How many had heard of Obama before he ran for President?

How many had heard of Obama before he ran for President.

• I had

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Never heard of him

Votes: 16 40.0%

• Total voters

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Reaction score
I saw him speak in 2004, I even told my dad he would be the first black president. I think a lot of people called it after he spoke.

KissMy

Free Breast Exam
Reaction score
I bet many of bankers he is making rich today heard of him back in 1993. I knew nothing of him until he ran for pres. His relationship to the banking industry has been kept in the dark.

IanC

Gold Member
Reaction score
I read about him after the keynote speech. His road to his state senate seat involved smearing first his democratic opponent and then his republican opponent. but hey...chicago politics is a rough business right?

PixieStix

Platinum Member
Reaction score

When he appeared at the Democratic national Convention in 2004, I knew he would be the chosen one, I mean that was his coming out party. The new and improved liberal. They set set Hillary aside for younger and more charismatic. The new liberal media darling

He had been a freshman senator. I said out loud, OMG, this is the lefts new tool, watch the faces of those on the floor listening to him :rolleyes:

LOL, he talks about jobs and Government is not the answer :lol:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awQkJNVsgKM"]YouTube - Barack Obama 2004 DNC Speech Part 1[/ame]

Oh, and he said he is "a believer in knowing what you are doing, when you apply for a job"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gexyfVpFMU&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:

jillian

Princess
Reaction score

You don't like that no one heard of Palin before McCain annointed her so did this thread? That's so cute.

As the others said, Obama spoke at the convention in 2004.

She was picked b/c McCain thought women are stupid and would vote for anyone if they were female.

JW Frogen

Gold Member
Reaction score
What is this man you call............Obama?

Last edited:

editec

Mr. Forgot-it-All
Reaction score
Hadn't heard of him until the DNC speech.

Hadn't heard of Bush II, either until he ran

Hadn't heard of Clinton, either

or Bush I... until he was VP

So?

Claudette

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I had never heard of the guy until he ran for Prez.

Angelhair

Reaction score
One thing for sure, I heard his speech and that was not enough for ME to vote for him. Throughout ALL of his campaign I waited and wanted to hear something that would convince me he was the one - but that something never came.

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I heard Bush was thinking of making Obamas birthday a national holiday because he was the first US Senator born in a foreign nation

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
After his dynamic keynote speech at the 2004 Democratic Convention, Obama was tagged as a rising star in the party and was proclaimed as the best candidate for the first Black President of the US.

I had seen a documentary when he was an Illinois state representative sometime in 2002 which was making the same projections.

He was far from an unknown

Reaction score
I didn't see the 2004 Demo con. So the first I heard of him was when he wound up running unopposed for the Illinois senate seat. (I think some Republican tried to come up from North Carolina to oppose him, but that went nowhere)

After that, he went back down the memory hole. His activity in the senate was so negligible that I forgot all about him until Iowa.

We get lots of copycat threads. Tit for tat is how we roll here.

Dr Gregg

Rookie
Reaction score
YOu'd have to be pretty isolated not to of heard of him. Since the 2004 election there was talk of him being a likely presidential candidate

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List