How many had heard of Obama before he ran for President?

How many had heard of Obama before he ran for President.

• I had

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Never heard of him

Votes: 16 40.0%

• Total voters
I saw him speak in 2004, I even told my dad he would be the first black president. I think a lot of people called it after he spoke.

I bet many of bankers he is making rich today heard of him back in 1993. I knew nothing of him until he ran for pres. His relationship to the banking industry has been kept in the dark.

I read about him after the keynote speech. His road to his state senate seat involved smearing first his democratic opponent and then his republican opponent. but hey...chicago politics is a rough business right?

How many had heard of Obama before he ran for President.

When he appeared at the Democratic national Convention in 2004, I knew he would be the chosen one, I mean that was his coming out party. The new and improved liberal. They set set Hillary aside for younger and more charismatic. The new liberal media darling

He had been a freshman senator. I said out loud, OMG, this is the lefts new tool, watch the faces of those on the floor listening to him :rolleyes:

LOL, he talks about jobs and Government is not the answer :lol:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awQkJNVsgKM"]YouTube - Barack Obama 2004 DNC Speech Part 1[/ame]

Oh, and he said he is "a believer in knowing what you are doing, when you apply for a job"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gexyfVpFMU&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:
Hadn't heard of him until the DNC speech.

Hadn't heard of Bush II, either until he ran

Hadn't heard of Clinton, either

or Bush I... until he was VP

So?

One thing for sure, I heard his speech and that was not enough for ME to vote for him. Throughout ALL of his campaign I waited and wanted to hear something that would convince me he was the one - but that something never came.

I heard Bush was thinking of making Obamas birthday a national holiday because he was the first US Senator born in a foreign nation

After his dynamic keynote speech at the 2004 Democratic Convention, Obama was tagged as a rising star in the party and was proclaimed as the best candidate for the first Black President of the US.

I had seen a documentary when he was an Illinois state representative sometime in 2002 which was making the same projections.

He was far from an unknown

I didn't see the 2004 Demo con. So the first I heard of him was when he wound up running unopposed for the Illinois senate seat. (I think some Republican tried to come up from North Carolina to oppose him, but that went nowhere)

After that, he went back down the memory hole. His activity in the senate was so negligible that I forgot all about him until Iowa.

We get lots of copycat threads. Tit for tat is how we roll here.

YOu'd have to be pretty isolated not to of heard of him. Since the 2004 election there was talk of him being a likely presidential candidate

Forum List

Back