How Many Friends do You Have That Are Not Your Own Race?

What is you socially designated race and what you think your race is?

• I think of myself as black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Everyone says I am Hispanic racially, even though it is not a race

• Everyone says I am Asian

• Everyone says I am Polynesian

• I think of myself as Polynesian

• Everyone knows I am of a mixed race

• I know I am of mixed race

• Total voters
Is that all you read? Blacks? Are they the only non-whites? Really?
You're projecting into the question, try again.
No....as I posted earlier....I was thinking about all races.....but I don't like repeating myself, and I also believe in brevity....
Besides.....*black friends* is code for virtue-signalling.
That's called projecting........
No....projecting would be telling someone that they are guilty of a crime I myself is guilty of.

No....the physiological term is being a realist.

re·al·ist

oun
noun: realist; plural noun: realists
  1. 1.
    a person who accepts a situation as it is and is prepared to deal with it accordingly.
    "I am a realist, with no time for your world of make believe"
    • a person who believes that the subject matter of politics is political power, not matters of principle.
      "the classical realist believes that the state is the most important actor in the international system"
  2. 2.
    an artist or writer whose style is characterized by the representation of people or things as they actually are.
    "Dickens and other nineteenth-century realists"
  3. 3.
    Philosophy
    a person who believes in the theory of realism.
    "modern philosophical realists"
adjective
adjective: realist
  1. 1.
    accepting a situation as it is and being prepared to deal with it accordingly.
    "a realist view of the world, its problems, and its future"
    • relating to or denoting the view that the subject matter of politics is political power, not matters of principle.
      "a political realist standpoint"
  2. 2.
    representing a person or thing in a way that is accurate and true to life.
    "a realist drama"
    • relating to an artistic or literary movement or style characterized by the representation of people or things as they actually are.
      "realist painters and sculptors"
  3. 3.
    Philosophy
DiHYpqOUwAAERS9.jpg
The self delusion is strong with this one.
Projecting means you "project" what you believe is true onto or into others statements or beliefs.
No....projecting is accusing other's of doing what you're doing.

No....as I posted earlier....I was thinking about all races.....but I don't like repeating myself, and I also believe in brevity....
No....projecting would be telling someone that they are guilty of a crime I myself is guilty of.

re·al·ist

oun
  1. 1.
    a person who accepts a situation as it is and is prepared to deal with it accordingly.
    • a person who believes that the subject matter of politics is political power, not matters of principle.
      "the classical realist believes that the state is the most important actor in the international system"
  2. 2.
    an artist or writer whose style is characterized by the representation of people or things as they actually are.
  3. 3.
    Philosophy
adjective
  1. 1.
    • relating to or denoting the view that the subject matter of politics is political power, not matters of principle.
  2. 2.
    "a realist drama"
    • relating to an artistic or literary movement or style characterized by the representation of people or things as they actually are.
  3. 3.
    Philosophy
DiHYpqOUwAAERS9.jpg
Nope......I'm just a realist.
If you knew anything about my background, and the ethnicity of my family, you'd understand.

re·al·ist

oun
  1. 1.
  2. 2.
  3. 3.
    Philosophy
adjective
  1. 1.
  2. 2.
    "a realist drama"
  3. 3.
    Philosophy
DiHYpqOUwAAERS9.jpg
Nope......I'm just a realist.
If you knew anything about my background, and the ethnicity of my family, you'd understand.
Welp, that's a new rationale....... Not!!!

re·al·ist

oun
  1. 1.
  2. 2.
  3. 3.
    Philosophy
adjective
  1. 1.
  2. 2.
    "a realist drama"
  3. 3.
    Philosophy
DiHYpqOUwAAERS9.jpg
Projecting means you "project" what you believe is true onto or into others statements or beliefs.
No....projecting is accusing other's of doing what you're doing.
If you say so......... :rolleyes: Maybe if you take a few psych classes..... quite a few........

If you take the time to classify your friends, you are warped, and probably don't know what a real friend is.

I live in Chicago.
So black, white, Hispanic, Asian, American Indian

This old US News article is interesting. It says that 40% of white Americans, 25% of blacks and 10% of Hispanics (yes, Hispanics are not a race, but it is in the freaking report) do not have friends of a different race.

This led to a discussion with the wife and she pointed out that many people are more restrictive by what they mean when they say friend, so perhaps a better question would be how many people do you like to interact with socially who are of a different race? I asked her if Face Book friends count, and she said if you spend a lot of time interacting with them or not.

Then we realized how many people we interact with in games and discussion groups that are racially unknown. When she plays LOTRO she has no idea what the persons race is and racial disagreements never come out. (Hmm, wonder if there is something to that?)

Then I thought what about here? How many people do I like talking to here on USMB are not white?

So I decided to do a poll, and ask people what race they SELF IDENTIFY as. Sure you can lie if you want, but I am trying to make this as generic and multiple faceted as possible.

The choices start with what most people think you are racially and what you think you really are to be more precise.

Of course if you dont want to answer, dont it is no big deal, but I am wondering how much easier it is to get along with people when I dont know their race vrs when I do, but then again, I have never asked people what their races are until now.
I am white and have ZERO nonwhite friends,I don't want nonwhite friends PERIOD. I have a very small group of friends I know in person and another smaller group on social media...not a real social person...Most people regardless of race annoy me with their lack of common sense for the most basic issues and I just don't feel like educating people.

I am also totally color blind when it comes to people being nice and funny and all that! Funny most of all, love that!:2up:

But I do not like extremists or fundamentalists in religion or that sort of crazy people whatever their race or color .No.

Forum List

Back