How long until we no longer have to wear masks?

When will we stop wearing masks?

Votes: 8 23.5%

Votes: 2 5.9%

Votes: 1 2.9%

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • NEVER - We are masks for LIFE

Votes: 21 61.8%

• Total voters
They’re here to stay so we’d better get used to them.

Then why isn't anyone making me wear one?
Because it would go court and some judge would call it unconstitutional.
The thread isn’t a mask debate but it masks worked as advertised then we wouldn’t still be having all these infections worldwide
I'm not sure what you mean by "worked as advertised" but the CDC has made it quite clear that masks help prevent the spread of the the virus by blocking expelled droplets which is the primary means of transmission. Unless the mask is an N95, it provides little protection for the wearer. Most of the protection you get from masks come from others wearing masks. The goal of mask wearing is not to eradicate the virus but to lower the transmission rate and thus reducing the number of hospitalizations and deaths. Covering your mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing will help prevent other from catching your cold, but it will not eliminate the common cold.
How about that masks should be clean?
Masks should be disinfected. 5 mins in a solution of 2 teaspoons Clorox and a pint of water is recommend or washing in a washing machine with hot water and a detergent. If everyone wore masks according the CDC rules, used good quality cloth mask, disinfected them regularly then mask wearing coupled with social distancing would probably rid the country of the virus but that won't happen in the US. Some will claim it's their constitutional rights to ignore the rules. Others will claim it's some type of government conspiracy. And if scientist are backing the government mandates, then pseudo-scientist will offer evidence to dispute government claims. This is why epidemiologist say the hardest places to control a virus is in a country that has a history of individual freedom and opposition to government mandates.

This is one of reason china is doing well, the people do what they're told. The government says wear mask and they wear mask. The government says you're being vaccinated and your vaccinated.
So you see my point. Why are you always so longwinded? Vast majority of people don’t wash them or use them correctly. Therein lies the problem. China is run by the Party. In America the FBI asked Apple to unlock a phone and Apple told them to pound sand. Would not happen with a Chinese company in China. People obey in China.
If your point is masks will not rid the country of the virus, I agree. If your point is they are worthless, I disagree.
My point is they should be insisting on clean masks.
The CDC recommends masks be washed everyday. That's probably a good recommendation for a person who wears a mask all day coming into close contact with dozens of people. However, many people who work at home or that are retired come in contact with very few people during the day. They put a mask on a couple of times a day for 5 or 10 mins. IMHO, most people don't need to clean masks that often. Most of the bacteria and viruses in your mask come from you not others so it is very unlike that they will make you sick.
They said to avoid touching your face first and foremost and that’s what you do every time you put on and take off a mask
Somewhere on the CDC web site they address how to put a mask own. The CDC said the primary method of transmission is droplets expelled by an infected person. It seems to me the probability of touching just right place on a surface and touching the face in just right place with just right part of hands and transferring enough of the virus to make you infectious would be really low. However, no matter what the infection, might be, healthcare authorities always stress washing hands and keeping them out your face.
Yet they don't stress that, they stress masks, masks and more masks. Pretty sad IMO. How about stressing living a healthy lifestyle, exercising, not being overweight and this way if you do catch a virus, your body is better prepared to defeat it? Novel concept. Instead we close gyms and have people sit home, get food delivered and watch Netflix.

The thread isn’t a mask debate but it masks worked as advertised then we wouldn’t still be having all these infections worldwide
I'm not sure what you mean by "worked as advertised" but the CDC has made it quite clear that masks help prevent the spread of the the virus by blocking expelled droplets which is the primary means of transmission. Unless the mask is an N95, it provides little protection for the wearer. Most of the protection you get from masks come from others wearing masks. The goal of mask wearing is not to eradicate the virus but to lower the transmission rate and thus reducing the number of hospitalizations and deaths. Covering your mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing will help prevent other from catching your cold, but it will not eliminate the common cold.
Masks should be disinfected. 5 mins in a solution of 2 teaspoons Clorox and a pint of water is recommend or washing in a washing machine with hot water and a detergent. If everyone wore masks according the CDC rules, used good quality cloth mask, disinfected them regularly then mask wearing coupled with social distancing would probably rid the country of the virus but that won't happen in the US. Some will claim it's their constitutional rights to ignore the rules. Others will claim it's some type of government conspiracy. And if scientist are backing the government mandates, then pseudo-scientist will offer evidence to dispute government claims. This is why epidemiologist say the hardest places to control a virus is in a country that has a history of individual freedom and opposition to government mandates.

This is one of reason china is doing well, the people do what they're told. The government says wear mask and they wear mask. The government says you're being vaccinated and your vaccinated.
So you see my point. Why are you always so longwinded? Vast majority of people don’t wash them or use them correctly. Therein lies the problem. China is run by the Party. In America the FBI asked Apple to unlock a phone and Apple told them to pound sand. Would not happen with a Chinese company in China. People obey in China.
If your point is masks will not rid the country of the virus, I agree. If your point is they are worthless, I disagree.
The CDC recommends masks be washed everyday. That's probably a good recommendation for a person who wears a mask all day coming into close contact with dozens of people. However, many people who work at home or that are retired come in contact with very few people during the day. They put a mask on a couple of times a day for 5 or 10 mins. IMHO, most people don't need to clean masks that often. Most of the bacteria and viruses in your mask come from you not others so it is very unlike that they will make you sick.
They said to avoid touching your face first and foremost and that’s what you do every time you put on and take off a mask
Somewhere on the CDC web site they address how to put a mask own. The CDC said the primary method of transmission is droplets expelled by an infected person. It seems to me the probability of touching just right place on a surface and touching the face in just right place with just right part of hands and transferring enough of the virus to make you infectious would be really low. However, no matter what the infection, might be, healthcare authorities always stress washing hands and keeping them out your face.
Yet they don't stress that, they stress masks, masks and more masks. Pretty sad IMO. How about stressing living a healthy lifestyle, exercising, not being overweight and this way if you do catch a virus, your body is better prepared to defeat it? Novel concept. Instead we close gyms and have people sit home, get food delivered and watch Netflix.
The science shows the primary means of transmission is inhaling respiratory droplets expelled by others so using masks and shields to block these droplets is logical and has proven to be effective with this virus and other such viruses.

Developing a healthy life style is good for a number of reasons but getting people to change their life style is at best problematic and the degree of protection against the virus due to a healthy life style would be difficult to quantify. Putting a barrier between the person expelling the droplets and the potential host has proven to be effective. Getting people to wear masks in the US is a problem, due to both our culture and the mixed messages the public is receiving,

As I have pointed out, a mask is not to stop the virus, but to slow the chances of spreading it, when coupled with 6ft of separation and constant hand washing or sanitizing.

As I have pointed out...masks do nothing but make Democrats FEEL GOOD. As if they are doing something.

Many Studies Find That Cloth Masks Do Not Stop Viruses Like COVID
By Lisa Mair
NOVEMBER 23, 2020

A thorough marketing campaign for the use of low-quality masks has convinced millions of people that masks will reduce COVID-19 spread, but do they really?

Much Recent Pro-Mask Research Is Deeply Flawed
The only statistically significant data on preventing viral spread is for N95 masks worn indoors when one can’t socially distance, which is not the type of mask required nor typically worn by the general public.

My doctor said about 4 months ago that her guess was Spring to Summer of 2022.
Biden said 3 to 6 months.
Yes, I know you never watched Biden.

NOW Biden is saying one year. Masks do nothing to prevent or slow the spread of the China Virus so this is just a typical, Democrat, "FEEL GOOD" fraud.

Biden Urges Americans to Wear Masks ‘Over the Next Year’ to Save Lives
HARIS ALIC 11 Feb 2021627

President Joe Biden is urging Americans to continue wearing masks for at least the next year in order to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus pandemic.

As I have pointed out, a mask is not to stop the virus, but to slow the chances of spreading it, when coupled with 6ft of separation and constant hand washing or sanitizing.

As I have pointed out...masks do nothing but make Democrats FEEL GOOD. As if they are doing something.

By Lisa Mair
NOVEMBER 23, 2020

A thorough marketing campaign for the use of low-quality masks has convinced millions of people that masks will reduce COVID-19 spread, but do they really?

The only statistically significant data on preventing viral spread is for N95 masks worn indoors when one can’t socially distance, which is not the type of mask required nor typically worn by the general public.

Yes, as I have said, the only mask that can prevent you from catching covid is the N95 mask, but the other masks can STILL slow the spread.... now they are saying to wear 2, when in tight quarters or make certain you use a surgical mask or a 3 ply mask....

I don't care....if I unknowingly had covid and my mask wearing saves 1 person from catching it from me, that's a good enough reason for me, to wear one. I'm a team player....I'm also a patriot! :)

Democrats, true to their heritage, demand to do something so they FEEL BETTER.

From day one, I could not imagine how a cloth mask would do diddly-squat for a virus. A virus, as most people other than Democrats know is a minuscule fraction of the size of bacteria.

Dr. Fauci Masks don’t work.

###

Europe's Top Health Officials Say Masks Aren't Helpful in Beating COVID-19
The top medical experts in the world can’t decide if masks are helpful in reducing the spread of COVID-19 or just make things worse.
Thursday, August 6, 2020

Denmark boasts one of the lowest COVID-19 death rates in the world. As of August 4, the Danes have suffered 616 COVID-19 deaths, according to figures from Johns Hopkins University.

That’s less than one-third of the number of Danes who die from pneumonia or influenza in a given year.

Despite this success, Danish leaders recently found themselves on the defensive. The reason is that Danes aren’t wearing face masks, and local authorities for the most part aren’t even recommending them.

###

CDC Study Finds Overwhelming Majority Of People Getting Coronavirus Wore Masks
OCTOBER 12, 2020 By Jordan Davidson

A Centers for Disease Control report released in September shows that masks and face coverings are not effective in preventing the spread of COVID-19, even for those people who consistently wear them.

A study conducted in the United States in July found that when they compared 154 “case-patients,” who tested positive for COVID-19, to a control group of 160 participants from health care facilities who were symptomatic but tested negative, over 70 percent of the case-patients were contaminated with the virus and fell ill despite “always” wearing a mask.

###

Difference between a virus and bacteria.

###

1/25/2021 Masking the Science
[…]
In truth, we wish masks worked. If they did, it would be a cheap, and easy way to control the spread of Covid. The idea that they protect not only their wearer, but also those people around them seems noble. We wished masks worked because citizens are spending billions of dollars on them.

We wish masks worked because most Americans wear them now. Telling them it was unnecessary will not make them happy. We wish masks worked because they have become a symbol for virtue and social responsibility. Anyone who doubts their utility is personally attacked; as though they don’t believe the viral pandemic is real, or don’t care about those who die from it.

[…]

Post | efmproject

###

:lol:

Old misinformation!

The Danes are in complete lockdown! I guess that non mask wearing they claim in your article, didn't work!

Now all is completely shut down but grocers.... k-4TH grade will finally be reopened this week.

Most any masks will block a significant amount of the virus being expel but they do not do as good a job blocking incoming virus particles because most of the masks do not fit tight enough and most masks are not made well enough.

The main reason masks work is because most of the virus when expelled rides on respiratory droplets which are far larger than the virus itself. They are simply caught in the mask when you exhale. How much is trapped by the mask depends on how it's made. A simple bandana will stop only about 20% of the droplets. A double layer surgical mask or double layer cloth mask will stop about 50% to 70%. An N95 mask will stop up to 95% of the particles with the added bonus that if properly fitted, it will stop most of incoming particles.

The likelihood that exposure to the virus will result in illness depend on how much of the virus you are exposed to (viral load). So if you are in a room with infected people and they are wearing double layer cloth masks, then virus in the room will be down 50% to 70% less than if they were not wearing the masks. Masks do work, but they're not perfect. Scientist say if everyone had an ample supply on N95 masks and wore them when they should, we would eliminate the virus in about a mouth.

Masks don't work. The holes or pores in masks are a thousand times larger than the virus. Nobody can explain how a tiny virus gets trapped by a hole that is a thousand times larger.

Yes, as I have said, the only mask that can prevent you from catching covid is the N95 mask…

This was an N95 mask that I photographed through my microscope, and used to create this visualization.

If you think this mask will protect anyone from any virus, then you're deceived and ignorant.

zPICT0001pHQ1600E.JPG

By Lisa Mair
NOVEMBER 23, 2020

Yes, as I have said, the only mask that can prevent you from catching covid is the N95 mask, but the other masks can STILL slow the spread.... now they are saying to wear 2, when in tight quarters or make certain you use a surgical mask or a 3 ply mask....

I don't care....if I unknowingly had covid and my mask wearing saves 1 person from catching it from me, that's a good enough reason for me, to wear one. I'm a team player....I'm also a patriot! :)
The n95 won't prevent you from catching covid. Masks only work for what they were designed for.

Masks help contain the virus being expelled by respiratory droplets not protect the wearer. That is why right wingers are being grossly negligent by going maskless since the respiratory droplets can evaporate and leave pathogen airborne.

From day one, I could not imagine how a cloth mask would do diddly-squat for a virus. A virus, as most people other than Democrats know is a minuscule fraction of the size of bacteria.

###

The top medical experts in the world can’t decide if masks are helpful in reducing the spread of COVID-19 or just make things worse.
Thursday, August 6, 2020

Denmark boasts one of the lowest COVID-19 death rates in the world. As of August 4, the Danes have suffered 616 COVID-19 deaths, according to figures from Johns Hopkins University.

That’s less than one-third of the number of Danes who die from pneumonia or influenza in a given year.

Despite this success, Danish leaders recently found themselves on the defensive. The reason is that Danes aren’t wearing face masks, and local authorities for the most part aren’t even recommending them.

###

A Centers for Disease Control report released in September shows that masks and face coverings are not effective in preventing the spread of COVID-19, even for those people who consistently wear them.

A study conducted in the United States in July found that when they compared 154 “case-patients,” who tested positive for COVID-19, to a control group of 160 participants from health care facilities who were symptomatic but tested negative, over 70 percent of the case-patients were contaminated with the virus and fell ill despite “always” wearing a mask.

###

###

[…]
In truth, we wish masks worked. If they did, it would be a cheap, and easy way to control the spread of Covid. The idea that they protect not only their wearer, but also those people around them seems noble. We wished masks worked because citizens are spending billions of dollars on them.

We wish masks worked because most Americans wear them now. Telling them it was unnecessary will not make them happy. We wish masks worked because they have become a symbol for virtue and social responsibility. Anyone who doubts their utility is personally attacked; as though they don’t believe the viral pandemic is real, or don’t care about those who die from it.

[…]

Post | efmproject

###

Old misinformation!

The Danes are in complete lockdown! I guess that non mask wearing they claim in your article, didn't work!

Now all is completely shut down but grocers.... k-4TH grade will finally be reopened this week.

Denmark has a 1.1% mortality rate among the best on the globe.

Denmark, Denmark? The COUNTRY of Denmark has a population of about half that of New York City.

RACE FOR A CURE
FEBRUARY 10, 2021 8:51 AM UPDATED 7 HOURS AGO
Denmark says cases of more contagious British coronavirus variant on rise
By Reuters Staff

COPENHAGEN (Reuters) - The share of people infected with the more contagious coronavirus variant first identified in Britain is on the rise in Denmark, authorities reported on Wednesday, citing preliminary data.

In the first week of February, 27% of positive cases analyzed for their genetic material were carrying the B117 variant, up from 20% the week before, the State Serum Institute (SSI) said in a report.

So what? Its deaths to total cases.

Masks help contain the virus being expelled by respiratory droplets not protect the wearer. That is why right wingers are being grossly negligent by going maskless since the respiratory droplets can evaporate and leave pathogen airborne.
Auntie Em! Auntie Em! Its a twister Auntie Em!!!

The science shows the primary means of transmission is inhaling respiratory droplets expelled by others so using masks and shields to block these droplets is logical and has proven to be effective with this virus and other such viruses.

Developing a healthy life style is good for a number of reasons but getting people to change their life style is at best problematic and the degree of protection against the virus due to a healthy life style would be difficult to quantify. Putting a barrier between the person expelling the droplets and the potential host has proven to be effective. Getting people to wear masks in the US is a problem, due to both our culture and the mixed messages the public is receiving,
Why do you libbers insist on coughing on each other. People with common sense stopped that long ago without being told to wear a mask.

It must be an oversight. You seem to have forgotten to include your reliable source and working link proving that any mask slows the spread of COVID-19.

alice-keeler-link-please-S.jpg

###

Thursday, August 6, 2020

###

###

###

[…]

[…]

Post | efmproject

###

Old misinformation!

Denmark has a 1.1% mortality rate among the best on the globe.

Denmark, Denmark? The COUNTRY of Denmark has a population of about half that of New York City.

RACE FOR A CURE
FEBRUARY 10, 2021 8:51 AM UPDATED 7 HOURS AGO
Denmark says cases of more contagious British coronavirus variant on rise
By Reuters Staff

COPENHAGEN (Reuters) - The share of people infected with the more contagious coronavirus variant first identified in Britain is on the rise in Denmark, authorities reported on Wednesday, citing preliminary data.

In the first week of February, 27% of positive cases analyzed for their genetic material were carrying the B117 variant, up from 20% the week before, the State Serum Institute (SSI) said in a report.

So what? Its deaths to total cases.

Typical far-left response. DON'T CONFUSE A LIBERAL WITH FACTS.

Roosevelt-S.jpg

Don't be "Big Chickens" right wingers; the pandemic is worse than our alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror combined. If you can be brave enough to go maskless for a pandemic you should also be brave enough to not need useless and expensive and alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror!
One doesn't need to be brave to not wear a mask if he knows that the holes or pores in masks that are supposed to filter out the virus and droplets are 1000 times larger. Common sense.

Don't be "Big Chickens" right wingers; the pandemic is worse than our alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror combined. If you can be brave enough to go maskless for a pandemic you should also be brave enough to not need useless and expensive and alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror!
One doesn't need to be brave to not wear a mask if he knows that the holes or pores in masks that are supposed to filter out the virus and droplets are 1000 times larger. Common sense.
Is that why doctors wear masks during health stressful procedures? Common sense is not wasting money on alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror and instead upgrading infrastructure to help keep people busy with shovel ready jobs.

Is that why doctors wear masks during health stressful procedures? Common sense is not wasting money on alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror and instead upgrading infrastructure to help keep people busy with shovel ready jobs.
Doctors have been wearing masks for decades to help the bacteria problem that medical facilities are notorious for. Bacteria are about 1000 times larger than viruses are.

Masks are annoying and frankly I remain skeptical at how much they help given that people don't keep them clean like they should. Most people anyway. That being said we are run by the News Entertainment media that enjoys panicking people.

So see the poll and please vote.

Thank you

......they don't help much.....I see people all the time touching common surfaces with their bare hands/etc

Yes, the coronavirus genome harbors the potential to subsist on surfaces for up to 28 days all by itself. Before either this Chinese cocksucker, Biden, or his sleep-up trollop took office, the “Unity” graffiti was already being shoved into the faces of Wisconsinites. The City did the graffiti (of all the astonishing entities capable of doing so!). Note that this is the same dipshit Wisconsin town (Madison, the capital) that passed fascist legislation preventing access to public records. Duh

Forum List

Back