How long until we no longer have to wear masks?

When will we stop wearing masks?

Votes: 8 23.5%

Votes: 2 5.9%

Votes: 1 2.9%

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • NEVER - We are masks for LIFE

Votes: 21 61.8%

• Total voters
The thread isn’t a mask debate but it masks worked as advertised then we wouldn’t still be having all these infections worldwide
I'm not sure what you mean by "worked as advertised" but the CDC has made it quite clear that masks help prevent the spread of the the virus by blocking expelled droplets which is the primary means of transmission. Unless the mask is an N95, it provides little protection for the wearer. Most of the protection you get from masks come from others wearing masks. The goal of mask wearing is not to eradicate the virus but to lower the transmission rate and thus reducing the number of hospitalizations and deaths. Covering your mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing will help prevent other from catching your cold, but it will not eliminate the common cold.
How about that masks should be clean?
Masks should be disinfected. 5 mins in a solution of 2 teaspoons Clorox and a pint of water is recommend or washing in a washing machine with hot water and a detergent. If everyone wore masks according the CDC rules, used good quality cloth mask, disinfected them regularly then mask wearing coupled with social distancing would probably rid the country of the virus but that won't happen in the US. Some will claim it's their constitutional rights to ignore the rules. Others will claim it's some type of government conspiracy. And if scientist are backing the government mandates, then pseudo-scientist will offer evidence to dispute government claims. This is why epidemiologist say the hardest places to control a virus is in a country that has a history of individual freedom and opposition to government mandates.

This is one of reason china is doing well, the people do what they're told. The government says wear mask and they wear mask. The government says you're being vaccinated and your vaccinated.

Last edited:
The thread isn’t a mask debate but it masks worked as advertised then we wouldn’t still be having all these infections worldwide
I'm not sure what you mean by "worked as advertised" but the CDC has made it quite clear that masks help prevent the spread of the the virus by blocking expelled droplets which is the primary means of transmission. Unless the mask is an N95, it provides little protection for the wearer. Most of the protection you get from masks come from others wearing masks. The goal of mask wearing is not to eradicate the virus but to lower the transmission rate and thus reducing the number of hospitalizations and deaths. Covering your mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing will help prevent other from catching your cold, but it will not eliminate the common cold.
Masks should be disinfected. 5 mins in a solution of 2 teaspoons Clorox and a pint of water is recommend or washing in a washing machine with hot water and a detergent. If everyone wore masks according the CDC rules, used good quality cloth mask, disinfected them regularly then mask wearing coupled with social distancing would probably rid the country of the virus but that won't happen in the US. Some will claim it's their constitutional rights to ignore the rules. Others will claim it's some type of government conspiracy. And if scientist are backing the government mandates, then pseudo-scientist will offer evidence to dispute government claims. This is why epidemiologist say the hardest places to control a virus is in a country that has a history of individual freedom and opposition to government mandates.

This is one of reason china is doing well, the people do what they're told. The government says wear mask and they wear mask. The government says you're being vaccinated and your vaccinated.
So you see my point. Why are you always so longwinded? Vast majority of people don’t wash them or use them correctly. Therein lies the problem. China is run by the Party. In America the FBI asked Apple to unlock a phone and Apple told them to pound sand. Would not happen with a Chinese company in China. People obey in China.

So you see my point. Why are you always so longwinded? Vast majority of people don’t wash them or use them correctly. Therein lies the problem. China is run by the Party. In America the FBI asked Apple to unlock a phone and Apple told them to pound sand. Would not happen with a Chinese company in China. People obey in China.
Thankfully we are not China

They are obeying in China while not knowing where the virus comes from. They should be rioting. Mutations that may be more contagious come up against the same masks. If one is not told about the mutations involved with their infection, that information can still be documented and used for epidemiological purposes. Fortunately or otherwise, one’s familial DNA is also susceptible to scrutiny. Undoubtedly, there is information being accumulated that is unavailable to the general population.

They’re here to stay so we’d better get used to them.

Then why isn't anyone making me wear one?
Because it would go court and some judge would call it unconstitutional.

If your point is masks will not rid the country of the virus, I agree. If your point is they are worthless, I disagree.

Last edited:

If you point is masks will not rid the country of the virus, I agree. If your point is they are worthless, I disagree.

I am sad that so many have swallowed the lies.

Thankfully we are not China
There are times when just about every political ideology has advantages. Nations founded on democratic principals provide the most freedom for citizens, encourages innovation, equality, and justice. Authoritarian governments can serve a nation well when events occur that require the public to do things they do not want to do but are needed for an acceptable outcome. A serious epidemic is such an event.

Authoritarian governments can serve the nation well when events occur that require the public to do things they do not want to do but are needed for an acceptable outcome. A serious epidemic is such an event.

Written like an ignorant, compliant sheep.

Mutton is to be on the dinner menu, soon enough.

SheepWithMasks.jpg

Don't be "Big Chickens" right wingers; the pandemic is worse than our alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror combined. If you can be brave enough to go maskless for a pandemic you should also be brave enough to not need useless and expensive and alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror!

Authoritarian governments can serve a nation well when events occur that require the public to do things they do not want to do but are needed for an acceptable outcome. A serious epidemic is such an event.
We don't have a serious epidemic what we have is a scamdemic that was used to instill fear and to get Trump out of office.

Any right wingers not feeling any need to wear masks should also be brave enough to not feel any need to waste tax monies on endless and alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror!

Be maskless and brave right wingers!

The masks are proof of submission.

They aren't going away because that would make it more difficult for liberals to identify and threaten the lives, homes and children of those who haven't sampled the Kool-Aid.

If your point is masks will not rid the country of the virus, I agree. If your point is they are worthless, I disagree.
My point is they should be insisting on clean masks.

So there in China only the submissive are allowed to survive!

Do your enforcers wear special uniforms costumes?

Any right wingers not feeling any need to wear masks should also be brave enough to not feel any need to waste tax monies on endless and alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror!

Be maskless and brave right wingers!
Apples and Oranges

The CDC recommends masks be washed everyday. That's probably a good recommendation for a person who wears a mask all day coming into close contact with dozens of people. However, many people who work at home or that are retired come in contact with very few people during the day. They put a mask on a couple of times a day for 5 or 10 mins. IMHO, most people don't need to clean masks that often. Most of the bacteria and viruses in your mask come from you not others so it is very unlike that they will make you sick.

Last edited:

The CDC recommends masks be washed everyday. That's probably a good recommendation for a person who wears a mask all day coming into close contact with dozens of people. However, many people who work at home or that are retired come in contact with very few people during the day. They put a mask on a couple of times a day for 5 or 10 mins. IMHO, most people don't need to clean masks that often. Most of the bacteria and viruses in your mask come from you not others so it is very unlike that they will make you sick.
They said to avoid touching your face first and foremost and that’s what you do every time you put on and take off a mask

So we hear of WHO going to China to find out, while Chicom elites can control the rest should another outbreak occur there. The virus was evolving before Trump’s watch.

They said to avoid touching your face first and foremost and that’s what you do every time you put on and take off a mask
Somewhere on the CDC web site they address how to put a mask own. The CDC said the primary method of transmission is droplets expelled by an infected person. It seems to me the probability of touching just right place on a surface and touching the face in just right place with just right part of hands and transferring enough of the virus to make you infectious would be really low. However, no matter what the infection, might be, healthcare authorities always stress washing hands and keeping them out your face.

Forum List

Back