How local leaders failed their cities

.....he's a jackass---complaining he's not getting enough ......letting all those illegals in/etc ......
.....just like Katrina, the local governments are more responsible for their area--not the Feds

Coumo is an idiot . Blaming Trump when its on state is who failed NY City .

Trump knew about the coronavirus long before local officials, and he continued trying to downplay it for 6+ weeks. Badmouthing local leaders won't change that, though it may shift the focus for a few minutes.

Trump knew about the coronavirus long before local officials, and he continued trying to downplay it for 6+ weeks. Badmouthing local leaders won't change that, though it may shift the focus for a few minutes.

those ''local leaders''/etc have been badmouthing Mr Trump for years

those ''local leaders''/etc have been badmouthing Mr Trump for years

Boo-hoo. No one says Trump isn't the greatest victim in the history of victims.

And the failures are piling up:

Trump team failed to follow NSC’s pandemic playbook

The Trump administration, state officials and even individual hospital workers are now racing against each other to get the necessary masks, gloves and other safety equipment to fight coronavirus — a scramble that hospitals and doctors say has come too late and left them at risk. But according to a previously unrevealed White House playbook, the government should’ve begun a federal-wide effort to procure that personal protective equipment at least two months ago.

“Is there sufficient personal protective equipment for healthcare workers who are providing medical care?” the playbook instructs its readers, as one early decision that officials should address when facing a potential pandemic. “If YES: What are the triggers to signal exhaustion of supplies? Are additional supplies available? If NO: Should the Strategic National Stockpile release PPE to states?”

The strategies are among hundreds of tactics and key policy decisions laid out in a 69-page National Security Council playbook on fighting pandemics, which POLITICO is detailing for the first time. Other recommendations include that the government move swiftly to fully detect potential outbreaks, secure supplemental funding and consider invoking the Defense Production Act — all steps in which the Trump administration lagged behind the timeline laid out in the playbook. [...]

The NSC devised the guide — officially called the Playbook for Early Response to High-Consequence Emerging Infectious Disease Threats and Biological Incidents, but known colloquially as “the pandemic playbook” — across 2016. The project was driven by career civil servants as well as political appointees, aware that global leaders had initially fumbled their response to the 2014-2015 spread of Ebola and wanting to be sure that the next response to an epidemic was better handled. [...]

Trump has claimed that his administration could not have foreseen the coronavirus pandemic, which has spread to all 50 states and more than 180 nations, sickening more than 460,000 people around the world. “Nobody ever expected a thing like this,” Trump said in a Fox News interview on Tuesday.

But Trump’s aides were told to expect a potential pandemic, ranging from a tabletop exercise that the outgoing Obama administration prepared for the president’s incoming aides to a “Crimson Contagion” scenario that health officials undertook just last year and modeled out potential risks of a global infectious disease threat.​

And the failures are piling up:

The Trump administration, state officials and even individual hospital workers are now racing against each other to get the necessary masks, gloves and other safety equipment to fight coronavirus — a scramble that hospitals and doctors say has come too late and left them at risk. But according to a previously unrevealed White House playbook, the government should’ve begun a federal-wide effort to procure that personal protective equipment at least two months ago.​
“Is there sufficient personal protective equipment for healthcare workers who are providing medical care?” the playbook instructs its readers, as one early decision that officials should address when facing a potential pandemic. “If YES: What are the triggers to signal exhaustion of supplies? Are additional supplies available? If NO: Should the Strategic National Stockpile release PPE to states?”​
The strategies are among hundreds of tactics and key policy decisions laid out in a 69-page National Security Council playbook on fighting pandemics, which POLITICO is detailing for the first time. Other recommendations include that the government move swiftly to fully detect potential outbreaks, secure supplemental funding and consider invoking the Defense Production Act — all steps in which the Trump administration lagged behind the timeline laid out in the playbook. [...]​
The NSC devised the guide — officially called the Playbook for Early Response to High-Consequence Emerging Infectious Disease Threats and Biological Incidents, but known colloquially as “the pandemic playbook” — across 2016. The project was driven by career civil servants as well as political appointees, aware that global leaders had initially fumbled their response to the 2014-2015 spread of Ebola and wanting to be sure that the next response to an epidemic was better handled. [...]​
Trump has claimed that his administration could not have foreseen the coronavirus pandemic, which has spread to all 50 states and more than 180 nations, sickening more than 460,000 people around the world. “Nobody ever expected a thing like this,” Trump said in a Fox News interview on Tuesday.​
But Trump’s aides were told to expect a potential pandemic, ranging from a tabletop exercise that the outgoing Obama administration prepared for the president’s incoming aides to a “Crimson Contagion” scenario that health officials undertook just last year and modeled out potential risks of a global infectious disease threat.​

Yes, I read that. Come fall, Democrats are not going to let people forget.

So you say.

I have yet to be convinced there's a day of reckoning coming for "I am the Only One" / "I take no responsibility at all" - and the blame-shifting (China, Europe, local leaders...) and the desperate, irresponsible campaign ploys ("America is not made to be shut down") are coming faster every day.

So you say.

I have yet to be convinced there's a day of reckoning coming for "I am the Only One" / "I take no responsibility at all" - and the blame-shifting (China, Europe, local leaders...) and the desperate, irresponsible campaign ploys ("America is not made to be shut down") are coming faster every day.

I was probably engaging in unreasoning optimism, having seen the power of branding and marketing to people who bought Pet Rocks by the million.

Yes, I read that. Come fall, Republicans are not going to let people forget.

You're not going to let people forget the 30+ times Trump tried to downplay the coronavirus? That's going to be counter-productive, comrade.
I've got a thread on how we LAUGH at the anti-Trump threads....you've been crying wold wolf wolf wolf wolf wolf
wolf

Forum List

Back