How left wing elites are fueling violence against middle American Trump supporters...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Victor Davis Hanson is a national treasure..... he breaks down the attacks on normal Americans coming from the left wing elite who think that they are above any criticism as they spew hate at normal people..

The Elites' War on the Deplorables - American Greatness

David Brooks, for example, claimed that white working communities were often xenophobic given their own realization of inferiority. ā€œYouā€™d react negatively, too, if confronted with people who are better versions of what you wish you were yourself,ā€ he wrote.

If I had noted the same contempt for the NorteƱos gang member living across the road who this month shot at another neighborā€™s house, broke the windows of my nephewā€™s home, was arrested, released, and rearrested in one night, and periodically used drugs in my orchardā€”that he acts so antisocially because he and associates are ā€œconfronted with better versions of what he wished he was himselfā€ā€”I would face a career-ending charge of racism from the electronic mob.

Sometimes state rather than national deportation is dreamed of as a less drastic cure for the deplorables. Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton said that his stateā€™s white population did not have enough ā€œB+ā€ citizens and therefore needed to find them from Somalia. ā€œOur economy cannot expand based on white, B+, Minnesota-born citizens. We donā€™t have enough.ā€ One wonders why the bigot Dayton considered himself and unknown Somali immigrants en masse to be B+ and above, but most of his fellow Minnesotans otherwise sub-B+. What were the racial criteria by which he judged whole classes of people?

The Shield of Progressive Victimhood
These examples of contempt from politicians and media for what might be called the Trump voter, the white working classes, or red-state America, could be repeated ad nauseam. The stereotypes, however, raise a number of ironies and paradoxes.

Liberal orthodoxy has always professed to oppose stereotyping people by their outward appearance.

Or has it? I might argue that progressivism used to remind us that our character, not our color mattered. But then I cannot, because it never didā€”given that progressivism at its birth emerged as a bastard mix of Darwinism-fueled eugenics and Germanic inspired pseudo-science.

Academic dogma postulates that white people cannot be the victims of racism, and such banal white demonization has now seeped into the larger liberal commentariat. With that bias comes the twin notion that one can smear the white working classes with impunity. Caputo, however, was not brave or stupid enough to visit a Trump rally and to suggest to the crowd around him to get to a Clear Smile clinic.

If you are a non-white purveyor of such prejudice, venom like Jeongā€™s is contextualized through the lens of compensatory historical grievances. Someoneā€™s grandfather mistreated your grandmother, so you can invert and then replay the roles with impunity. Or less charitably, lifeā€™s disappointments are always due to past cosmic injustice, not oneā€™s own perceived tragic shortcomings or bad luck or just cruel fate.

We saw the left wing violence during the 2016 election.
The SJW went to Trump's campaign rallies and attempted to start fights and the Press blamed the Trump supporters for the violence.
Let's be honest, some of the Democrat violence is racially motivated.

trump-supporters-attacked-compilation24.jpg

Forum List

Back