How is this even possible?

Why does no one on earth know how to stop the fucking oil gusher?

Because its a mile under the surface of the water. Were limited on what we can do with robots at those depths. I know it must crush your soul to know our almighty Hussein-led government cannot do a fucking thing. I guess the earth will just have to deal with its own 100% naturally made substance that is leaking out.

Because its a mile under the surface of the water. Were limited on what we can do with robots at those depths. I know it must crush your soul to know our almighty Hussein-led government cannot do a fucking thing. I guess the earth will just have to deal with its own 100% naturally made substance that is leaking out.

no government would know what to do with this, but, please show everyone how good a hack you are.

the rightwingers wanna drill baby drill...

and they've been yelling for nuclear energy for years.

as if that result, in case of emergency, would be any better.

I miss my special ed students. :(

because bush and cheney are in bed with the oil giants....DUH

you think there's no correlation between something like this happening and the fact that our energy policy was created behind closed doors by cheney and oil company lobbyists?

lol

i knew someone had to blame them :lol:

tell me...who exempted them from the requirement to produce an EIR? i'll give you a hint...it wasn't bush or cheney

Because they hoped for the best and failed to prepare for the worst.
I understand that...but that doesn't mean someone can't have a workable theory as to how to stop it.

Well, I did ask why BP doesn't know how to stop it. Isn't this their fault?
I don't know. I don't think they wanted it to happen. And since apparently no one knows what to do you can't really blame them anymore than anyone else for not knowing.

How big is this pocket of oil? Does anyone know even that?

Come on now, I'm serious.

Why doesn't anyone know what to do?

I understand that...but that doesn't mean someone can't have a workable theory as to how to stop it.

I imagine there are people all over the globe with theories. However, nothing will come cheap or easy. In the meantime, we are forced to have a ringside seat to this horror show.

I imagine there are people all over the globe with theories. However, nothing will come cheap or easy. In the meantime, we are forced to have a ringside seat to this horror show.

It is a horror show. Try explaining to your 14 year old daughter why this is happening, the marine life is being comprimised and killed, seeing the helplessness on the news every night, while we sit in our homes wondering how it could have happened.

This will have long reaching affects up to her adulthood. :(

Every time there is an off-shore oil drilled there is the possibility of something like this happening.

They need to plan for disasters of this magnitude.

Well, I did ask why BP doesn't know how to stop it. Isn't this their fault?
I don't know. I don't think they wanted it to happen. And since apparently no one knows what to do you can't really blame them anymore than anyone else for not knowing.

How big is this pocket of oil? Does anyone know even that?

Good question, I'd been wondering that as well...

BP's Gulf well stems from the Macondo oil prospect, a reservoir located roughly 18,000 feet below sea level, or 15,000 feet below the ocean floor. The prospect was estimated to have contained 50 million barrels before the explosion, a BP spokesman said earlier this month.

Calculations based on the BP and government estimates reveal that somewhere between 0.94 and 1.48 percent of the Macondo reservoir has been depleted.

How Much Oil Remains Under the Gulf? - Science and Tech - The Atlantic

Forum List

Back