How is repealing the madate going to save money?

I do not consent to having any Mandate. We don't need the government running our lives.

That is not running your life, if you have a car, you need ins, if you have a body you need ins. Same thing. Insure yourself. We have many laws, don't be a drain on society, insure yourself.
Then why must we pay for ours and then be forced to pay for theirs or in your muddled view is everyone paying their own insurance?

News flash , you pay for the uninsured. If the bill passes, I will no longer blame people for being uninsured, as it will be the GOP's fault. Since the wealthy get a huge tax cut, I think the middle class should pay 0. How about that?

You want to see a drain on society, you are about to get a huge one.
Answer me this. Who should get a tax cut? The people who pay taxes or the people who don’t?

No one right now. Not necessary.

I do not consent to having any Mandate. We don't need the government running our lives.

That is not running your life, if you have a car, you need ins, if you have a body you need ins. Same thing. Insure yourself. We have many laws, don't be a drain on society, insure yourself.
Then why must we pay for ours and then be forced to pay for theirs or in your muddled view is everyone paying their own insurance?

News flash , you pay for the uninsured. If the bill passes, I will no longer blame people for being uninsured, as it will be the GOP's fault. Since the wealthy get a huge tax cut, I think the middle class should pay 0. How about that?

You are correct that we pay for the uninsured who won't pay and the partially insured who won't pay.

Should we discuss whether or not we want to continue doing so ?

We do have the option to not treat them. It's heartless, but it is an option.

Key findings: §105d (8) Uncompensated Care

The cost report data indicate that the cost of uncompensated care provided by Michigan hospitals fell dramatically after the implementation of the Healthy Michigan Plan. Comparing data from 2013 and 2015 for a consistent set of hospitals, uncompensated care costs decreased by almost 50 percent. For the average hospital, annual uncompensated care expenses fell from $7.21 million to $3.77 million. Expressed as a percentage of total hospital expenses, uncompensated care decreased from 5.2 percent to 2.9 percent. Over 90 percent of hospitals submitting data for both FY 2013 and FY 2015 saw a decline in uncompensated care between those two years.

Key findings: §105d (9) Insurance Premium Rates

There was no evidence from the interviews and rate filings that the Healthy Michigan Plan affected health plan premium rates. Review and analysis of DIFS rate filings showed changes in the increases requested in premium rates by year and by product and market. The average weighted premium rate increase requested in filings declined from 2013-2015: 7.55% in 2013, 5.77% in 2014, and 5.20% in 2015. While the requested rate increase varied by products and markets, reasons given in the filings for the rate requests were related most often to increasing medical and pharmaceutical costs.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/m...ted_Care_and_Insurance_Rates-HMP_547720_7.pdf

Whoever wrote the words of Jesus, knew the poor would always be with us, because of the nature of greed and the rich. Some things never change.

You are correct that we pay for the uninsured who won't pay and the partially insured who won't pay.

The cost report data indicate that the cost of uncompensated care provided by Michigan hospitals fell dramatically after the implementation of the Healthy Michigan Plan. Comparing data from 2013 and 2015 for a consistent set of hospitals, uncompensated care costs decreased by almost 50 percent. For the average hospital, annual uncompensated care expenses fell from $7.21 million to $3.77 million. Expressed as a percentage of total hospital expenses, uncompensated care decreased from 5.2 percent to 2.9 percent. Over 90 percent of hospitals submitting data for both FY 2013 and FY 2015 saw a decline in uncompensated care between those two years.

The uncompensated care problem was created by government with EMTALA. If you think it's a problem, fucking repeal it. Bad law to fix bad law results in even worse law.

I you truly don't want to repeal EMTALA, the least we could do is fund it. Raise federal taxes and pay hospitals for the uncompensated care. Unfunded mandates to business will always fuck up markets. Imagine a similar mandate to grocery stores to feed anyone, regardless of ability to pay. Do you think that might make food prices go up? Does that sound like a sane policy to you?

Key findings: §105d (9) Insurance Premium Rates

There was no evidence from the interviews and rate filings that the Healthy Michigan Plan affected health plan premium rates. Review and analysis of DIFS rate filings showed changes in the increases requested in premium rates by year and by product and market. The average weighted premium rate increase requested in filings declined from 2013-2015: 7.55% in 2013, 5.77% in 2014, and 5.20% in 2015. While the requested rate increase varied by products and markets, reasons given in the filings for the rate requests were related most often to increasing medical and pharmaceutical costs.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/m...ted_Care_and_Insurance_Rates-HMP_547720_7.pdf

Whoever wrote the words of Jesus, knew the poor would always be with us, because of the nature of greed and the rich. Some things never change.

How does this address my question ?

I don't want to try and read between the lines.

The uncompensated care problem was created by government with EMTALA. If you think it's a problem, fucking repeal it. Bad law to fix bad law results in even worse law.

I you truly don't want to repeal EMTALA, the least we could do is fund it. Raise federal taxes and pay hospitals for the uncompensated care. Unfunded mandates to business will always fuck up markets. Imagine a similar mandate to grocery stores to feed anyone, regardless of ability to pay. Do you think that might make food prices go up? Does that sound like a sane policy to you?

Sooner or later you have to address costs.

10,000 per person per year. Plain and simple.

Republicans repealed the mandate but maintained the requirement for insurers to cover pre-existing conditions

How do Republicans expect them to pay?

easy , take away subsidizes of the people who get insurance instead of paying the fine and doing away completely with Medicaid subsidies.

Not really helping the working poor, but they have to get money from somewhere to lower the top bracket to 35% (as DT wants ) and give tax breaks to flow through businesses and corps , repeal the AMT and expand inheritance tax and HSA's.

Sound so much like a tax cut for the lower and middle income.
The subsidies are not ending only the mandate

Republicans repealed the mandate but maintained the requirement for insurers to cover pre-existing conditions

How do Republicans expect them to pay?
How did ewe expect us to pay for obummercare? Who can afford the deductibles?

easy , take away subsidizes of the people who get insurance instead of paying the fine and doing away completely with Medicaid subsidies.

Not really helping the working poor, but they have to get money from somewhere to lower the top bracket to 35% (as DT wants ) and give tax breaks to flow through businesses and corps , repeal the AMT and expand inheritance tax and HSA's.

It going to save me money like A grand a year, sucks to be an old sick hag like you:)

Yes so much better to have lots of uninsured running around. Do you have auto ins, or no car, how about home owners ins, or no house?

It going to save me money like A grand a year, sucks to be an old sick hag like you:)

You are one of the losers who will end up in the er, and be a drain on society.

For the millionth time:

1. Illegal Mexicans don't get Obama care they reproduce like rabbits and use the EAR

2. ER use has never gone down under Obama care

3. South Carolina garnish wages of people who use the hospitals and don't have insurance.

So you have no retort to me

Yes so much better to have lots of uninsured running around. Do you have auto ins, or no car, how about home owners ins, or no house?

If I could get away with it I wouldn't have car insurance..I know this will make you mad, I drove like 15 years with out car insurance....

How did I do it?

Because I don't get in car crashes

If I could get away with it I wouldn't have car insurance..I know this will make you mad, I drove like 15 years with out car insurance....

How did I do it?

Yes It does piss me off, that is why ins is so high in MI, we have no fault and carry uninsured motorist charge, for people like you.

Why didn't you get ins, too cheap or no license, too many DUIs ??

How did I do it?

Yes It does piss me off, that is why ins is so high in MI, we have no fault and carry uninsured motorist charge, for people like you.

Why didn't you get ins, too cheap or no license, too many DUIs ??

Because the insurance you want everyone to buy is a ripoff.

How did I do it?

But if you had insurance, you could! You could drive around like a fucking idiot ramming into people and you'd be "covered". Ain't insurance grand?

Yep. Pass stupid laws and you get stupid behavior. What else did they expect?

Forum List

Back