How is 'loosely tolerated' profanity defined?

It's funny how these newbies come here and whine about things that have been going on in this forum longer than I have been here.
Look newbies if you don't like something here go the fuck somewhere else.
Otherwise shut the fuck up.

I will freely admit that, in everyday language and whenever I get pissed, I have a potty mouth as much as any drunken sailor alive.

It is just that, in a general discussion like this or any of the novels I've written and will write, I am judicious in my use of profanity.

Gunny, I truly respect and enjoy the vast majority of your posts.

However, this surprises and saddens me. I thing the poster is referring to those who cannot complete a sentence without attacking others and using profanity while doing so. To me, using profanity is a sign of not being proficient in the English language and showing one's ignorance. Such posters should be warned and, when failing to heed such warnings, be banned from future posting.

I personally report posters who continually and unnecessarily use profanity and make personal attacks.

I think the OP is right to bring this up. :cool:

I completely disagree. Profanity accentuates and punctuates the point, if used properly.

I may tend to be excessive with F-Bombs, but they are never casual or sloppy, they are used to add punch to the words surrounding them.

For instance, "Truthmatters is a fool;" makes a valid statement: BUT "Truthmatters is a fucking fool;" is vastly more descriptive of the reality surrounding the poster.

See my point?

However, this surprises and saddens me. I thing the poster is referring to those who cannot complete a sentence without attacking others and using profanity while doing so. To me, using profanity is a sign of not being proficient in the English language and showing one's ignorance. Such posters should be warned and, when failing to heed such warnings, be banned from future posting.

I personally report posters who continually and unnecessarily use profanity and make personal attacks.

I completely disagree. Profanity accentuates and punctuates the point, if used properly.

I may tend to be excessive with F-Bombs, but they are never casual or sloppy, they are used to add punch to the words surrounding them.

For instance, "Truthmatters is a fool;" makes a valid statement: BUT "Truthmatters is a fucking fool;" is vastly more descriptive of the reality surrounding the poster.

See my point?

Why did you repeat it's name, it will show up soon.

Seems some posters can't post a single thing without spewing endless profanities. I'd assume 'loosely tolerated' means once in a while, but not multiple times every post? :)

Can't handle it? Go somewhere else.

I don't give a flying fuck about his whinging, or your reporting me for offending your immaturity. Grow up or go away.

I find some posts difficult to read for there is so much cursing, it's difficult to find a point of the post. I generally just skip over the post.

I have to agree with the poster who finds that the people who depend on throwing the four letter words do have a limited vocabulary and find it just easier to use the curse words instead of actual acceptable terms.

I have more respect for the posters who can debate and stay on topic without attacking the opponent or demeaning them with insults, anyway.

I find some posts difficult to read for there is so much cursing, it's difficult to find a point of the post. I generally just skip over the post.

I have to agree with the poster who finds that the people who depend on throwing the four letter words do have a limited vocabulary and find it just easier to use the curse words instead of actual acceptable terms.

I have more respect for the posters who can debate and stay on topic without attacking the opponent or demeaning them with insults, anyway.

just so ya know.... you got 21 four letter words going on in your post...

:lol:

Damn the nerve of all that profanity and four letter word usage

I should watch my language!

Forum List

Back