How green are the Tory leadership candidates this time round?

Let's say I build a machine that collects rainwater and turns it into gold. When its raining, gold pellets come pouring out. When its not raining, the machine doesn't do anything. Do you really think that sort of behavior is accurately termed "unreliable"?

Yes, when we need power 24 hours a day, wind and solar are unreliable.

The new system, using intermittent power from wind and solar, accounted for 110 GW, nearly 50 percent of all installed capacity in 2019, but operated with a capacity factor of just 20 percent. (That included a mere 10 percent for solar, which is hardly surprising, given that large parts of the country are as cloudy as Seattle.)

20%.........10%

Does that sound reliable, even using liberal math?

Yes, when we need power 24 hours a day, wind and solar are unreliable.

The new system, using intermittent power from wind and solar, accounted for 110 GW, nearly 50 percent of all installed capacity in 2019, but operated with a capacity factor of just 20 percent. (That included a mere 10 percent for solar, which is hardly surprising, given that large parts of the country are as cloudy as Seattle.)

20%.........10%

Does that sound reliable, even using liberal math?
Did someone think that wind turbines would produce power without wind or that solar panels without sun? I think "inconsistent" or "unsteady" would be more accurate. I think you very much want to call it "unreliable" for the connotations, which makes you, in my view, a little bit dishonest.

Did someone think that wind turbines would produce power without wind or that solar panels without sun? I think "inconsistent" or "unsteady" would be more accurate. I think you very much want to call it "unreliable" for the connotations, which makes you, in my view, a little bit dishonest.

No, he is being factual. You merely try and change the words to suit your need because you are fundamentally dishonest.

Did someone think that wind turbines would produce power without wind or that solar panels without sun? I think "inconsistent" or "unsteady" would be more accurate. I think you very much want to call it "unreliable" for the connotations, which makes you, in my view, a bit dishonest.

Did someone think that wind turbines would produce power without wind or that solar panels without sun?

Did someone think that 20% = reliable?

1666551036832.png

I think "inconsistent" or "unsteady" would be more accurate.

Ok. But we need dependable, consistent and steady power.

What about "stupid"? Would that be accurate?

Did someone think that wind turbines would produce power without wind or that solar panels without sun?

Did someone think that 20% = reliable?

View attachment 714522

I think "inconsistent" or "unsteady" would be more accurate.

Ok. But we need dependable, consistent and steady power.

What about "stupid"? Would that be accurate?
Well, I admire the self deprecation but its not necessary...

‘Liz Truss has fought a “war on nature” unique in recent British politics, managing within a few short weeks to incur the wrath of conservation groups with more than 8 million members, foreign governments, climate activists and members of her own party.

Her successor may be expected to learn from this chastening experience and adopt a less confrontational attitude.

[…]

Truss provoked the rage of the RSPB, National Trust and Wildlife Trusts, as well as scores of other groups, by threatening to rip up more than 570 rules inherited from the EU on environmental protection. She proposed new investment zones with minimal regulation, scrapping the new farming payment system and restarting fracking.

[…]

Cutting energy use will be essential to keeping the lights on this winter, and renewable energy is up to nine times cheaper than gas at present, so measures that increase efficiency and spur more clean energy production will pay off rapidly.’

Rightwing madness on both sides of the Atlantic.
Johnson has no beliefs and neither does sunak as far as I am aware. Fracking is dead and any future drilling for oil will not see any results for a decade.
The freeports are a threat to the environment. That is whre the battle is now.

Forum List

Back