How does this compared to Carters 1970's?

How does this compare to Carters 1970's when it comes to inflation and shortages of goods???

Well...

Carter had to deal with OPEC who had a lot of power at the time. OPEC cut off our oil which increased gas prices by a large amount.

Today, America is the number producer of oil, at least at the moment, so OPEC doesn't have the power that it did.

There were outside influences during the Carter administration that caused a lot of the problems.

Now, the DNC itself is causing the problems so they can gain more power over the population.
If their threats to get their toxic injections are going to work, then they are going to cut off trade into the country. Luckily, most trade isn't basic needs stuff, it's mostly crap from China that people can definitely live without.

Unfortunate for those of us with working brains.........the hoarders don't get this, and have already begun the hoarding.

The modern 'shortages' are due to so much of our products being produced by so few companies; there are no competitors who will jump in to capture market share, so no need to produce more, since they have essentially captive markets now. They can just raise prices and not have to expend more capital investment. If you can sell a roll of toilet paper to 40,000,000 people for $3 a roll why worry about supplying those who can only afford to pay $0.60 a roll? Screw them, it's Social Darwinism.

The 'Energy Crisis' under Carter was a corporate hoax, not a real shortage. They were letting Congress know who the real bosses are, same as they're doing these days.

Last edited:
How does this compare to Carters 1970's when it comes to inflation and shortages of goods???
To his credit, Carter got all Iranian hostages home with Reagan's nudge...............He did not abandon them

There were never any shortages of goods to matter I remember, just gasoline.

We had 15% mortgage rates and 24% car loans back then too

The only shortages were oil and gasoline, due to OPEC as we didn't have anywhere near the production in this country at the time. The oil thing triggered the inflation. The economy was not even as controlled as now, and we had just gone off the gold standard under Nixon. I worked steady and made good money for being soon after high school working for a major manufacturer, so didn't feel the pinch of inflation as I didn't really have a comparison, being young. It was what it was. I don't actually feel it now, being debt free with decent continuing income streams, not working for years. I do see it, of course.
Hard to tell this early in the Biden administration, unless you are a hardcore partisan. I went to Sam's Club today. Was planning to stock up on brands of toilet paper and paper towels we like, but that large area looked like a barren finished concrete desert. No matter. Paper towels don't worry me, and if I break into my emergency stock, I easily have a hundred rolls of TP that I bought before it disappeared back during the Trump administration.

The only shortages were oil and gasoline, due to OPEC as we didn't have anywhere near the production in this country at the time. The oil thing triggered the inflation. The economy was not even as controlled as now, and we had just gone off the gold standard under Nixon. I worked steady and made good money for being soon after high school working for a major manufacturer, so didn't feel the pinch of inflation as I didn't really have a comparison, being young. It was what it was. I don't actually feel it now, being debt free with decent continuing income streams, not working for years. I do see it, of course.
Hard to tell this early in the Biden administration, unless you are a hardcore partisan. I went to Sam's Club today. Was planning to stock up on brands of toilet paper and paper towels we like, but that large area looked like a barren finished concrete desert. No matter. Paper towels don't worry me, and if I break into my emergency stock, I easily have a hundred rolls of TP that I bought before it disappeared back during the Trump administration.

The oil thing triggered the inflation.

The Fed triggered the inflation. Carter's idiocy made the oil thing worse.

It wasn't just an oil shortage, there was a global food shortage as well. We paid a lot more for groceries, and not just because of fuel prices; we paid for a massive Soviet bailout as well after they went bankrupt over Viet Nam in 1973.

Production shortfalls due to adverse weather conditions compounded the situation. In 1972, world grain production declined due to poor yields in the United States, Australia, Canada, and the Soviet Union. The Soviet Union turned to the global market to meet grain needs. Adverse weather conditions in major grain-producing countries persisted for several years. Production of grains and oilseeds continued to fall, even as plantings in the United States and other major grain-producing countries expanded. The failure of the Peruvian anchovy catch in 1972 led to a significant decline in the availability of high-protein feedstocks and increased demand for soybean meal. As a result, soybean prices soared in 1973 and 1974.

The effect of these production shortfalls was compounded by the decisions of the United States and other major exporting countries in the late 1960s to reduce stocks and idle cropland to cut government costs and support prices. By 1973/74, wheat ending stocks in Australia had fallen 93 percent from 1970/71, Canada’s stocks had dropped 64 percent, and U.S. wheat stocks had declined 59 percent.

During the 1970s, many countries adopted policies, such as export taxes, restrictions, and bans, to insulate their domestic markets from global grain and oilseed price increases. Importers also reduced tariffs, rebuilt stocks, and subsidized consumer prices. The availability of foreign exchange reserves resulting from the depreciation of the dollar and abundance of petrodollars in major oil-exporting countries facilitated these import and export policies. Overall, these policy actions further contributed to the tight global market conditions.

The link also has a nice chart on how expensive that worthless ethanol scam is for us. But don't, it will get far worse in the future, as we've been ripping off our topsoil at a record pace, and soon we won't be exporting much in the way of food.

Last edited:
Carter is now the 3rd worst POTUS in history, and Xiden is the WORST Potato of the United States, second only to that meat puppet faggot obozo.

As it did after Carter's presidency, it will create a new era of conservatism. Don't forget who followed Jimmy Carter.

Hear that, Donald Trump? You ready to give it another go?
I hope Trump actually stays out of the race and endorses DeSantis or Ted Cruz. Maybe even Alan West, and I think West might just be the closest thing to the Pinochet we need to purge DC of leftist filth.

Just without the helicopters.

Well...

Carter had to deal with OPEC who had a lot of power at the time. OPEC cut off our oil which increased gas prices by a large amount.

Today, America is the number producer of oil, at least at the moment, so OPEC doesn't have the power that it did.

The oil embargo was caused by Israel.

We haven't bought much oil from OPEC in more than a decade. Most of what we import comes from Venezuela, Mexico, Canada .. and since Trump.. Russia.

There were outside influences during the Carter administration that caused a lot of the problems.

Now, the DNC itself is causing the problems so they can gain more power over the population.
If their threats to get their toxic injections are going to work, then they are going to cut off trade into the country. Luckily, most trade isn't basic needs stuff, it's mostly crap from China that people can definitely live without.

Unfortunate for those of us with working brains.........the hoarders don't get this, and have already begun the hoarding.
SHEEEEEEEEEEET, apparently I need a new keyboard!!!!

That's supposed to be "If their threats to get their toxic injections aren't going to work"!!!!
I gotta start triple checking myself!!!

Well...

We still import 7-8 million bpd.

That was caused by Israel and the Yom Kippur war. Saudi Arabia continued to supply our troops in Vietnam.

We still import 7-8 million bpd.

That was caused by Israel and the Yom Kippur war. Saudi Arabia continued to supply our troops in Vietnam.
Shill for Saudi and OPEC much?

Forum List

Back