How does America react to the next mass shooting?

John Shaw

Gold Member
Jul 22, 2017
I predict by the time the next big shooting comes around, nothing will have been done to protect the American public. I anticipate a mass shooting with at least 20 - 30 dead in the next three months. Quite possibly a home-grown Islamic terrorist. Haven't had one of those in a while.

I predict many "thoughts and prayers", followed by civil unrest, possibly riots, and possibly assassination attempts on our political figures. The pot is near to bubbling over. All we need is one more little thing ...

But to be honest, I'm a little tired of the fight. I don't need a gun to defend myself. I don't care if some guy wants to shoot tin cans in his back yard. I just want to know how it all ends ...

Last edited:
I predict by the time the next big shooting comes around, nothing will have been done to protect the American public.

I predict many "thoughts and prayers", followed by civil unrest, possibly riots, and possibly assassination attempts on our political figures. The pot is near to bubbling over. All we need is one more little thing ...

But to be honest, I'm a little tired of the fight. I don't need a gun to defend myself. I don't care if some guy wants to shoot tin cans in his back yard. I just want to know how it all ends ...

I'll tell you whats going to happen.
Liberals will still refuse to put armed guards in our schools and more nut jobs that the left refused to lock up will kill more kids.
Does the number 39 ring a bell?

If a little wimp like Cruz and an old man like Paddock could turn out so successful at killing people, imagine how many bodies a real badass could bag.

I predict by the time the next big shooting comes around, nothing will have been done to protect the American public. I anticipate a mass shooting with at least 20 - 30 dead in the next three months. Quite possibly a home-grown Islamic terrorist. Haven't had one of those in a while.

It's not going to end the way you think.

I never mentioned how I think it will end, so how would you know?

I actually think civil unrest is inevitable. We're long overdue. But that won't be the end ...

Depends on where he or she pulls the gun.

Where I live there are lots of people packing.

A shooter would go down very very very fast.

The gun nuts will then suggest we arm the janitors and cafeteria ladies.

Extrapolation of data contained in your posts allows one to make an educated guess.

Eh, not necessarily. There's a big difference between shooting at targets and a moving human being who is shooting back at you.

Add a pinch of chaos, and armed civilians can easily make a bad situation worse, and provide an advantage for the shooter.

Extrapolation of data contained in your posts allows one to make an educated guess.

So are you going to guess or not?

Eh, not necessarily. There's a big difference between shooting at targets and a moving human being who is shooting back at you.

Add a pinch of chaos, and armed civilians can easily make a bad situation worse, and provide an advantage for the shooter.

Not here. They are all law enforcement trainers.

19F8FDA1-2A8E-4A58-8521-305DA344E135.jpeg
I'll tell you whats going to happen.
Liberals will still refuse to put armed guards in our schools and more nut jobs that the left refused to lock up will kill more kids.
Does the number 39 ring a bell?

In many cases armed citizens have more training than the police who get paid for what they have.

I have.

In many cases armed citizens have more training than the police who get paid for what they have.

Possible, but they certainly won't have the coordinated force that the police will have.

I have.

... well I guess you're too shy to share, then. Okay.

Possible, but they certainly won't have the coordinated force that the police will have.

You mean like the recent incident wherein the police fired 65 times as a group at a shooter and did not score a single hit?

I see.

I have.

... well I guess you're too shy to share, then. Okay.

Me shy? Too funny.

Because you beg, I will not.

You mean like the recent incident wherein the police fired 65 times as a group at a shooter and did not score a single hit?

I see.

So you are anti-police? Interesting that the right is turning against the police now. I guess they're looking to revert back to the wild west.

Forum List

Back