How do you navigate the forums?

New Posts navigation tab, followed by subscribed threads...I can't remember the last time that I went to the main forum menu to look for a specific forum. I just have to be careful when using the New Posts tab that I don't click on religion or CDZ threads unless I'm prepared to behave...I prefer to have the freedom to be a sarcastic bitch.:thup: :D

The "My Quotes" function is a dandy.
User CP for subscribed threads.

If I come across something of note elsewhere, I'll do a search and then post something new on the topic.

Lather, rinse, repeat...

I usually don't.

Don't have the time or interest in reading most threads. If I do want to follow a thread, I used the "my posts" button but usually skip over the middle pages of long threads.

But I might try using the "new posts" button in the future.

I click on "User CP" and it lists all the threads that I'm subscribed to (I have posted in), that have had a response since I last posted. When you click on the title it takes you to the thread. When you click on "last read", it should take you to the post after your last post, but I think there's a glitch, it takes you to the next page....so you might want to go back to the previous page, find your last post and go from there.

After I have checked all of my subscribed threads, if I'm interested in new threads I go to "Home" then click on the individual forums to check them out. If I'm starting a new thread, I check to see if someone already started one on the same topic by doing a "search forums" after I click on home.....the search option is on the right.

Last edited:

I click on "User CP" and it lists all the threads that I'm subscribed to (I have posted in), that have had a response since I last posted. When you click on the title it takes you close to your last post in that thread. It should take you to the post after your last post, but I think there's a glitch, it takes you to the next page....so you might want to go back to the previous page, find your last post and go from there.

If you want to find your last post in a thread (or any of your posts for that matter) click on "Search Thread" and then "Go Advanced" and enter your user name in that search box.

I click on "User CP" and it lists all the threads that I'm subscribed to (I have posted in), that have had a response since I last posted. When you click on the title it takes you close to your last post in that thread. It should take you to the post after your last post, but I think there's a glitch, it takes you to the next page....so you might want to go back to the previous page, find your last post and go from there.

If you want to find your last post in a thread (or any of your posts for that matter) click on "Search Thread" and then "Go Advanced" and enter your user name in that search box.

It's quicker for me to just go to the thread...click on "view first unread" - and it takes me close enough to my last post...usually the next page (although it should take me to my last post).

Technically that button is supposed to take you to the 'first unread' post in that thread, which may or may not be near your last post, depending you your read-to-post ratio.

Technically that button is supposed to take you to the 'first unread' post in that thread, which may or may not be near your last post.

The first unread post is always going to be one following your last post, because when you post something, when you submit it, it automatically takes you to the end of the thread where your last post resides....and it registers that as the last post read. To get back to the post that I responded to, I click on the little arrow next to the User's name of the person I responded to, and it takes me back to their post. Then I can choose to read the rest till I get to mine, or not, but when I come back into that thread, when I hit "view first unread" it will take me back to posts beyond my last post.....it should take me to my last post, but it doesn't.

Others have expressed the same problem....

I click on things.

Once, back in 2008, I used all the possible ways to navigate the forums....when I finally found My starting point, it was 2011!

Man, what a lost weekend that turned out to be!

Forum List

Back