How Do You Find Middle Ground With a Party That Has No Plan?’

The Democrats have no plan to fix any of our big problems why would anyone vote for them?:confused:

Rand Paul and Senate GOP:

Oh they have a plan all right. Rebuild American infrastructure Invest in education to compete with the rest of the world.

Republicans failed ideology guides their plan. Slash funding for education. Cut funding for daycare and school lunches. Turn over power to corporations and billionaires. Create a kind of Right Wing Christian Taliban. Lead America into disrepair and ignorance. We know this to be true. It doesn't matter how many plans the Democrats have, Republicans are focused on their own plan. They will settle for nothing less than the destruction of the way we know America. This is no joke. This really is the goal of the GOP. They don't even try to hide it.

I thought that was in the last plan i mean stimulas...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p4-vPrcDBo]Obama: Shovel Ready jobs not shovel ready - YouTube[/ame]

The Democrats have no plan to fix any of our big problems why would anyone vote for them?:confused:

Rand Paul and Senate GOP:

Oh they have a plan all right. Rebuild American infrastructure Invest in education to compete with the rest of the world.

Republicans failed ideology guides their plan. Slash funding for education. Cut funding for daycare and school lunches. Turn over power to corporations and billionaires. Create a kind of Right Wing Christian Taliban. Lead America into disrepair and ignorance. We know this to be true. It doesn't matter how many plans the Democrats have, Republicans are focused on their own plan. They will settle for nothing less than the destruction of the way we know America. This is no joke. This really is the goal of the GOP. They don't even try to hide it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p4-vPrcDBo]Obama: Shovel Ready jobs not shovel ready - YouTube[/ame]

Stimulus was a great idea. And it was too small. Too much of it was tax cuts. The only way to get a few Republicans on board. But those Republican senators, governors and house members sure scooped up the money, created thousands and thousands of jobs and even voted against it.

You sit in front of the Internet. You can find out how many Republicans in your state got stimulus money and what they spent it on. Do a search. Once you find out, come back and share.

Stimulus was a great idea. And it was too small. Too much of it was tax cuts. The only way to get a few Republicans on board. But those Republican senators, governors and house members sure scooped up the money, created thousands and thousands of jobs and even voted against it.

You sit in front of the Internet. You can find out how many Republicans in your state got stimulus money and what they spent it on. Do a search. Once you find out, come back and share.

"Tax cuts" you mean tax credits doled out to whoever Obama thought worthy

:[/url]

I would disagree. They repealed DADT. Not a big deal to you but I have a couple (straight) friends who did 9 TOD's in Iraq and Afghanistan, who were really glad about that.
They passed ObamaCare. It sucks and will probably be repealed but it's better than what we had for people with pre-existing conditions and college students.
They passed Dodd-Frank which was admittedly to weak in it's compromise with the republicans but it was a start. Now the GOP wants to reverse. Ridiculous.
They passed the Small Business Jobs act.
They're working on The Jobs Act.
Oh yeah, apparently they had a plan to get that guy. The bad one. The one the previous president said "wasn't important".

So they have plans. I certainly don't agree with a lot of their plans, I would ask what plans the GOP is offering that you find so superior in their ability to fix our problems.
The "Lower taxes will cure everything!" plan doesn't sell well with non-believers. What else do they have that you find so superior?

I would disagree. They repealed DADT. Not a big deal to you but I have a couple (straight) friends who did 9 TOD's in Iraq and Afghanistan, who were really glad about that.
They passed ObamaCare. It sucks and will probably be repealed but it's better than what we had for people with pre-existing conditions and college students.
They passed Dodd-Frank which was admittedly to weak in it's compromise with the republicans but it was a start. Now the GOP wants to reverse. Ridiculous.
Oh yeah, apparently they had a plan to get that guy. The bad one. The one the previous president said "wasn't important".

So they have plans. I certainly don't agree with a lot of their plans, I would ask what plans the GOP is offering that you find so superior in their ability to fix our problems.
The "Lower taxes will cure everything!" plan doesn't sell well with non-believers. What else do they have that you find so superior?
So their plan is to pass sub-optimal ineffective pieces of legislation that cost lots of money?
No thanks.

So their plan is to pass sub-optimal ineffective pieces of legislation that cost lots of money?
No thanks.

Yeah, they call it compromising, but it just fucks up the bill. I don't know what they were thinking trying to work together like that. (I am being a bit sarcastic here)

The Dems passed a bunch of half assed legislation that will cost tons of money without solving any problems. Who needs more of that?

The banks collapsed because they were trying to make some kind of profit from a forced bad situation. Being forced to follow some morons dream (by the way, Bush is among that group of morons) of ownership in America for everyone, is what caused a great deal of this problem.[/QUOTE

Does anyone know how to fix stupid? The poster above really needs your help.

And the rethugs have their "plan" down to six entire words; more tax cuts for the richest.

Simple plan for simple minds.

NOBODY IN POWER OR vieing for power has THE PLAN to fix the economy.

It'd be laughable if their plans weren't so obviously pathetic.

If you want to fix the economy you need to encourage policies that put Americans back to work.

But that isn't the plan, is it?

In fact the policies we have in p[lace encourage jobs to migrate offshore.

Obama is still signing FREE TRADE agreements, the banksters are still getting paid for their mistakes and nobody in power is really too upset about that.

Not in the R party and not in the D party, either.

Last edited:

Obama: Shovel Ready jobs not shovel ready - YouTube

So you're not going to find out which Republicans in your state got stimulus and what they spent it on? Why you guys always so afraid of "truth". It won't hurt you. Ignorance will.

So you're not going to find out which Republicans in your state got stimulus and what they spent it on? Why you guys always so afraid of "truth". It won't hurt you. Ignorance will.

Doesn't matter Republicans take government money too…. So? I Never said they weren't part of the problem, but the boondoggle is over. Obama could have send out a very large check to every adult and it would have been much more simulative to the economy than all the money wasted by Obama's failed so-called stimulus

No thanks.

Your post is empty and weak in that, the OP ask if the Dems have a plan for anything at all. I point out several areas in which they have laid plans and implemented policy (not all of which I like but I was providing a counterpoint, not opinion).
I end by reflecting the same challenge. What specifically, have the Repubs offered and accomplished that is so vastly superior?
Your reply is simply devoid of substance. I mean, it's easy for both sides to say "Well I don't like them so they suck!" which is essentially all you and the OP have thusfar, offered.
Anyone care to take a crack at directly responding to the conterpoint?

What specifically, have the Repubs offered and accomplished that is so vastly superior?

Last edited:

No thanks.

Your post is empty and weak in that, the OP ask if the Dems have a plan for anything at all. I point out several areas in which they have laid plans and implemented policy (not all of which I like but I was providing a counterpoint, not opinion).
I end by reflecting the same challenge. What specifically, have the Repubs offered and accomplished that is so vastly superior?
Your reply is simply devoid of substance. I mean, it's easy for both sides to say "Well I don't like them so they suck!" which is essentially all you and the OP have thusfar, offered.

What specifically, have the Repubs offered and accomplished that is so vastly superior?

Well, first off a "plan" is something that happens in the future. So citing passed legislation by the Dems is not an example of their plan. ANd that is all you did.
You end by deflecting to the GOP, which is another thread. This thread is about the Dems' lack of plans. They have not passed a budget in 3 years. They have no credible plan to deal with the deficit. They have no plan to deal with unemployment. It seems every week the Obama Administration comes up with another "jobs" plan which is just another version of the already-failed stimulus. I dont know if he know everyone thinks it's bullshit but he does it for political purposes or whether he actually thinks this is something that will work. But it doesn't.
So we are back to: What is teh Democratic plan for dealing with the myriad problems we have? Since you have not answered that or amplified the question you have added nothing to this conversation.

No thanks.

Well, first off a "plan" is something that happens in the future. So citing passed legislation by the Dems is not an example of their plan. ANd that is all you did.
You end by deflecting to the GOP, which is another thread. This thread is about the Dems' lack of plans. They have not passed a budget in 3 years. They have no credible plan to deal with the deficit. They have no plan to deal with unemployment. It seems every week the Obama Administration comes up with another "jobs" plan which is just another version of the already-failed stimulus. I dont know if he know everyone thinks it's bullshit but he does it for political purposes or whether he actually thinks this is something that will work. But it doesn't.
So we are back to: What is teh Democratic plan for dealing with the myriad problems we have? Since you have not answered that or amplified the question you have added nothing to this conversation.

Again, you post lacks substance and examination of facts. Legislation cannot be passed without planning. So citing legislation is evidence they have planned and then accomplished goals. Again, not goals I would necessarily have achieved but evidence nonetheless.
The Jobs Act is a specific plan they have in place now. While I find it flawed and to be mostly political manuvering, there are some positive aspects to it. Also, as someone who works with our troops and vets, I ike the tax credit the Dems have proposed for putting them to work.
So while I have indeed provided a great deal of verifiable and measureable evidence to support my position, you and thusfar, all Conservarepubs in this thread, have run from the challenge to provide anything similar about the Repubs.
Since the question posted in the OP is why would soeone vote for the Dems when the OP doesn't like or see their plans or accomplishments, it is not a great intellectual leap to determine the obvious companion question would be "If we shouldn't vote for Dems because of their lack of plan / accomplishment, what is different about the Repubs that make them worth voting for?" But that seems to be a question no one wants to answer.

Last edited:
They have a plan - but then, so did the Cylons.

The Dems want to tax the rich so they can continue to use the promise of entitlememt money to buy votes, all in an effort to gain and retain as much partisan political power as possible.

Everything is secondary to the retention and expansion of partisan political power.. Everything.

They have a plan - but then, so did the Cylons.

The Dems want to tax the rich so they can continue to use the promise of entitlememt money to buy votes, all in an effort to gain and retain as much partisan political power as possible.

Everything is secondary to the retention and expansion of partisan political power.. Everything.

Buying votes of the dumbmasses that don't care...except they continue with thier freebies on the backs of others...

Forum List

Back