How do we solve the crisis?

Its gotta come from the top.
It can only come from the people.
I wish it was that easy, but the people elect those who can make a difference. In that aspect you are correct. But in real terms the only one that can really make a difference in our policy and operations is the president or a collective in congress.
The president is elected on campaign contributions. He has no will to go against those who supported him financially. He has to be persuaded. The problem now is that people feel their duty is done after they visit the ballot box. The new deal would never have been accomplished without the help of strong organized efforts in support of it.

Impeach Trump and elect a Democratic Congress? ;)
When Barack Insane Obama, Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid had a super-majority, they expanded the Patriot Act and Prism. We don't need more totalitarians, we need more libertarians. They are the only one's who would actually dismantle such a nightmare (unfortunately they would also get us killed with their idiotic approach to national security).

But voter fraud is how republicans win
It's your side of the aisle that insists on dirty elections, snowflake. Every case of voter fraud on this board is traced to the Dumbocrats. It's no wonder you people adamantly oppose Voter ID.

Oops...

Iowa woman pleads guilty for trying to vote twice for Trump
Wow. One person - a second vote. The first evidence ever posted on USMB of the right engaging in that. Congrats. :doubt:

I wish it was that easy, but the people elect those who can make a difference. In that aspect you are correct. But in real terms the only one that can really make a difference in our policy and operations is the president or a collective in congress.
The president is elected on campaign contributions. He has no will to go against those who supported him financially. He has to be persuaded. The problem now is that people feel their duty is done after they visit the ballot box. The new deal would never have been accomplished without the help of strong organized efforts in support of it.
Well I think we have seen a lot of people get very loud about their opinions over the last few months. The people are talking, check that, they are screaming... But then they get called snowflakes and their noise falls on deaf ears. I don't see much happening as a result beside stronger partisan division.

One would think this would be an issue that we universally agree on. I can't believe some Americans want their government spying on them exactly like George Orwell's 1984. :eusa_doh:

Well I think we have seen a lot of people get very loud about their opinions over the last few months. The people are talking, check that, they are screaming... But then they get called snowflakes and their noise falls on deaf ears. I don't see much happening as a result beside stronger partisan division.
It doesn't appear very well organized or constructive. I'm not happy about Trump but the resistance to him seems childish. It would be more constructive if Democrats had organized and forced Obama and congress to push harder for better policies and to fulfill campaign promises. That could have made the difference in the last election.

One would think this would be an issue that we universally agree on. I can't believe some Americans want their government spying on them exactly like George Orwell's 1984. :eusa_doh:
Well by the number of people who openly share their personal lives and information with Facebook and Google, I think you best believe it. Apparently most people don't care about their privacy unless if something actually happens that affects them because of it. If you want the truth I think most people just try not to think about it... convenience over confidentiality seems to be the new normal.

Well by the number of people who openly share their personal lives and information with Facebook and Google, I think you best believe it. Apparently most people don't care about their privacy unless if something actually happens that affects them because of it. If you want the truth I think most people just try not to think about it... convenience over confidentiality seems to be the new normal.
Yeah...but that's not a fair analogy. What a person places on Facebook or Google is by choice. Nobody is getting any choice with the NSA surveillance programs.

Yeah...but that's not a fair analogy. What a person places on Facebook or Google is by choice. Nobody is getting any choice with the NSA surveillance programs.
Fair point but I bet nobody has read their privacy policy and I bet very few realize what kind of information is being gathered about them. Do you think people know that Google collects metadata on all their email communications and then applies that towards advertising algorithms so that they can strategically place ads relevant to your interests? Same with browsing data... There is a lot of shit going on behind the scenes. I'm not making an excuse, you make a valid point... I don't want to live in Orwell's 1984... Wouldn't mind going back to the real 1984 though... I believe that was the year nintendo came out, I spent some serious time with Mario and Luigi that year.

When Barack Insane Obama, Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid had a super-majority, they expanded the Patriot Act and Prism. We don't need more totalitarians, we need more libertarians. They are the only one's who would actually dismantle such a nightmare (unfortunately they would also get us killed with their idiotic approach to national security).
Agreed on libertarians, but let's not forget who shoved through the Patriot Act in the first place nor who led the way invading Iraq.

You voted for it - trump and kkk Kobach want even more control of and info about the people.

RWs say "what are they hiding?"

What is trump hiding in his tax returns he promised to show?

He's averaged 100 lies every he's been in office.

Where the transparency?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I must admit, he hasn't bothered to hide soaking us for millions every week for his constant vacations.

RWs groused about Obama but there's no comparison. And trump hasn't actually done anything positive for the country.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

RWs groused about Obama but there's no comparison. And trump hasn't actually done anything positive for the country.
Yeah....all he has done is restored constitutional government, eliminated egregious regulations, created jobs, facilitated affordable energy, paid off $68 billion of the national debt, renegotiated trade agreements in the U.S.'s favor, secured the border, and a whole lot more - but in the LWNJ partisan hack will simply declare that he "hasn't done anything". Yawn.

The item I'd first would liked reviewed is the War Powers Act. It has been 14 years and 2 Presidents ago since Congress last gave approval for military action in the Mid-East. I doubt the intent within the Constitution was to hand the Executive branch a blank check in regards to use of military action.

Forum List

Back