How Do We Shut Up The Ads?

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Christ, there are really loud video ads at the bottoms of the forum pages now. How the hell do you shut them off?

No fair. I never get pop ups or videos. And, I keep my sound off until I want to hear something.

They're probably Harvard grads. It's amazing how incompetent Harvard grads seem to be.

Sometimes I like to listen to WGN TV streaming news cast while browsing USMB. Not possible with those incessant videos playing.

My laptop's mute button used to lighted, but it burnt out months ago. Now I have to guess where the mute and volume buttons are LOL.

Okay, so one college drop out, one crotchety old bitch and one giggling drunk all answer they have problems with something the board Luddite figure out ...

That's some scarey stuff.

Or maybe my computer is the only one with an audio on-off switch.

A brain flosser like this calls for a glass of wine.

Do some people not realize their speakers have an on-off switch?

I'm sure they do, but these voice ads will pop up while you are listening to youtube music video. I finally had to ad Adblock to stop them, plus all the other links to ads.

Okay, so one college drop out, one crotchety old bitch and one giggling drunk all answer they have problems with something the board Luddite figure out ...

Or maybe you are just a garden variety butthead.

Enjoy your Flintstones glassful of Wild Irish Rose.

Hey- that's MISTER giggling drunk to you, bitch. :eusa_eh:

AdBlock-Never an issue, every time one of these threads gets started I say the same thing. It completely fixes it. Video ads, infolinks, I never see anything. Coming here is a piece of cake. It's easy.

AdBlock-Never an issue, every time one of these threads gets started I say the same thing. It completely fixes it. Video ads, infolinks, I never see anything. Coming here is a piece of cake. It's easy.

What skin do you use?
If I use the default skin, I get stuff popping up like crazy?
If I use v1 I have no problems.

What skin do you use?

I use the default. I've never seen a thing. I just use AdBlock for Chrome. That's it. It fixes it for me and I never have issues. Before that, I had trouble with ads here and many other places. Now I don't. I don't mean to sound like a walking advertisement for them, but it really, really works for me.

What skin do you use?

I use the default. I've never seen a thing. I just use AdBlock for Chrome. That's it. It fixes it for me and I never have issues. Before that, I had trouble with ads here and many other places. Now I don't. I don't mean to sound like a walking advertisement for them, but it really, really works for me.

You don't get the long bar of photo-links just below the top tool bar? It generally contains photos of things you've recently explored in other ads. Search once for a Leica camera and you'll see pictures of them all across the strip for weeks after.

What skin do you use?

I use V2, but since I installed Adblock my problems with audio ads and ad links stopped.

Forum List

Back