How do we Know Human are Causing Climate Change?

I do not know the particulars of your situation. The cost and function of the solar panels depends on a lot of variables so I can't answer your question for you you have to find that out for yourself I don't think you want to give me that private information like where you live how much Sunshine a day your area gets whether you have a good location for solar, if you're on the hilltop if you're in a valley everything makes a difference
https://www.shopwelby.com/us solar estimator- compare solar estimator.
I just wanted to know what we’d be saving? You keep ignoring your own comment, why? Are you denying you said savings?

I just wanted to know what we’d be saving? You keep ignoring your own comment, why? Are you denying you said savings?
I am not going to answer another one of your incessant, inane posts. You are absolutely ridiculous. What does it feel like to be such an idiot. Never mind I don't want to know good luck in life you're going to need a lot of it.

I am not going to answer another one of your incessant, inane posts. You are absolutely ridiculous. What does it feel like to be such an idiot. Never mind I don't want to know good luck in life you're going to need a lot of it.
So we wouldn’t save. No reason to make a 37 trillion dollar change then. Thanks for helping us out to see the con!

Don't mind him. He got Bluto so pissed that he finally just kicked this spinach eating jerk's obnoxious little ass up and down the block until all that remained was a bloody mess. His jaw's permanently wired shut so now he has to suck strained veggie juice through a straw to survive. The same straw he so violently pecks at his little keyboard with all day. He also stinks, no longer having any bladder control. Olive Oyl's never looked back. "We" haha! Poor fella :itsok:

You need your own advice.

I have done so.

There's something in statistics called "The Central Limit Theorem" that states that with more sampling the statistics you measure get closer and closer to a normal distribution with a more and more accurate estimate of the "true mean" of an unknown population.

I have done so.

There's something in statistics called "The Central Limit Theorem" that states that with more sampling the statistics you measure get closer and closer to a normal distribution with a more and more accurate estimate of the "true mean" of an unknown population.
but you can't state the sample size. So you have no idea how to move forward in any direction. Shame.

Do you honestly think they analyze EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF THE POPULATION?
Not sure your point? They know counts based on research and population data gathering. In the US we call it a census. I guess you haven't heard of that.

Not sure your point?

My point being that it is EXTREMELY common in science for scientists to take a small SAMPLE and generalize the findings to the larger population.

you know the exact number in your sample....you DO NOT KNOW THE EXACT NUMBER IN THE ENTIRE POPULATION.

They know counts based on research and population data gathering. In the US we call it a census. I guess you haven't heard of that.

Think of it more like a political poll. They go out and SAMPLE and then say "x% of democrats think..." and "Y% of Republicans say..."

At no point did they ask every single Democrat or every single Republican.

Is this clear yet?

My point being that it is EXTREMELY common in science for scientists to take a small SAMPLE and generalize the findings to the larger population.

you know the exact number in your sample....you DO NOT KNOW THE EXACT NUMBER IN THE ENTIRE POPULATION.
Still you haven't stated they numbers that reflect your percentage. How else can you get a percentage accept to turret it out loud?

I'll say that 99% of the climate scientists say the globe is behaving normally. Now what?

but you can't state the sample size. So you have no idea how to move forward in any direction. Shame.

The sample size is irrelevant in this particular conversation unless you would be able to clearly define the FAILURE of that sampling to accurately reflect the total population.

Which, if you would like to do, you can actually do so. There are SEVERAL independent and unrelated methods of assessing scientific agreement on the topic and all of them (remember they are INDEPENDENT METHODS AND UNRELATED) keep coming up with about 95+% agreement among the professionals.

Now, of course Science ISN'T DONE BY CONSENSUS. But consensus shows where the majority of the professionals are leaning.

Let's say you went to Vegas to bet some money. You decide to go to the sports betting areas to bet on an NBA basketball game (or whatever). Would you go in without knowing anything about basketball or even the teams and place your bet? No, you'd learn about the game and you'd listen to odds makers and the professional coaches and sports authorities.

That's what I'm talking about here. Repeated studies (which you can look up) have found this consistent figure. Even if it is not 100% perfectly accurate it shows that it is at least >50% of the professionals feel this is a true fact (AGW).

The sample size is irrelevant in this particular conversation unless you would be able to clearly define the FAILURE of that sampling to accurately reflect the total population.

Which, if you would like to do, you can actually do so. There are SEVERAL independent and unrelated methods of assessing scientific agreement on the topic and all of them (remember they are INDEPENDENT METHODS AND UNRELATED) keep coming up with about 95+% agreement among the professionals.

Now, of course Science ISN'T DONE BY CONSENSUS. But consensus shows where the majority of the professionals are leaning.

Let's say you went to Vegas to bet some money. You decide to go to the sports betting areas to bet on an NBA basketball game (or whatever). Would you go in without knowing anything about basketball or even the teams and place your bet? No, you'd learn about the game and you'd listen to odds makers and the professional coaches and sports authorities.

That's what I'm talking about here. Repeated studies (which you can look up) have found this consistent figure. Even if it is not 100% perfectly accurate it shows that it is at least >50% of the professionals feel this is a true fact (AGW).
nope, it is not irrelevant. Says sample size is needed in the procedure you posted.

nope, it is not irrelevant. Says sample size is needed in the procedure you posted.

If I do the heavy lifting for you and show you the various studies (you seem unable to find any of them on your own), will you first tell me how you will calculate the relative goodness of the sample?

Just one metric and I'll provide you with some numbers. Tell me how you will assess the impact of the sample size.

Thanks!

If I do the heavy lifting for you and show you the various studies (you seem unable to find any of them on your own), will you first tell me how you will calculate the relative goodness of the sample?

Just one metric and I'll provide you with some numbers. Tell me how you will assess the impact of the sample size.

Thanks!
just provide the count that gave you your percentage. It's been my ask since the first post you made. You've been slimming along here. deflecting badly. So, let's stop the nonsense about lectures and classes and just post the counts.

just provide the count that gave you your percentage. It's been my ask since the first post you made. You've been slimming along here. deflecting badly. So, let's stop the nonsense about lectures and classes and just post the counts.

OK. Got it.

You won't know what to do with sample size (hint: there actually is a lot of stuff you can do to estimate whether you've got the right sample size, including power estimates.)

If you can't give me assurance that we are talking at the same level then I will leave it to you to find the studies which are quite easy to find.

Thanks. I don't want to waste too much more time with you if we are just going to talk past each other and you don't have the requisite training to understand the topic.

Yes, sample size is known.

What is unknown is the exact population size.

That's how the math and statistics work. This is part and parcel of the Central Limit Theorem which acts as one of the core pillars of statistics. I highly recommend a class.

Yes, sample size is known.

What is unknown is the exact population size.

That's how the math and statistics work. This is part and parcel of the Central Limit Theorem which acts as one of the core pillars of statistics. I highly recommend a class.
I don't need exact, never said I did. I said to provide the data used to reach the percentage and you still haven't answered. Diversion tactics are so boring.

OK. Got it.

You won't know what to do with sample size (hint: there actually is a lot of stuff you can do to estimate whether you've got the right sample size, including power estimates.)

If you can't give me assurance that we are talking at the same level then I will leave it to you to find the studies which are quite easy to find.

Thanks. I don't want to waste too much more time with you if we are just going to talk past each other and you don't have the requisite training to understand the topic.
nope, I want to see the data used to produce the percentage you claimed. It's quite simple and not worth all the ice skating diversions you keep using.

I don't need exact, never said I did. I said to provide the data used to reach the percentage and you still haven't answered. Diversion tactics are so boring.

You are still not listening to what I'm saying. Please take a statistics class. It will be much more clear than I am able to make it for you.

You are still not listening to what I'm saying. Please take a statistics class. It will be much more clear than I am able to make it for you.
nope, post the data or it's all made up. Hey message board, paracetamol63 is a liar and uses fake data.

Forum List

Back