How do I get myself into these situations?

From what I can gather in your post....you just talked too much and the more you talked, the deeper the hole got. Just leave it alone. When you see your co worker, just smile, be polite and don't talk unless she speaks first.

What character did your coworker dress as? Tell your wife you'd like her to dress up as Witchblade. That should go over well.

Actually... that's a terrible idea.

From what I can gather in your post....you just talked too much and the more you talked, the deeper the hole got. Just leave it alone. When you see your co worker, just smile, be polite and don't talk unless she speaks first.

Good advice, where were you when I needed you to tell me to stfu? ;)

True story:

My wife and I make items for sale at conventions like comicon, animecon, spooky empire and others.

I found out that a nurse who works at the same hospital is into cosplay, we talked and she said she would come by our booth at the upcoming con. This nurse is young and quite pretty.

I went home that day and told my wife about the nurse and her interest in what we were doing. Well a day or two layer I had forgotten that I already told her and I began to tell her again. My Wife looked at me strangely and informed me that I already told her that.

So the Saturday of the con, the nurse texts me and asks where my booth was and after I told her, I again informed my wife that she and her fiancé was coming. Basically, I'm excited that someone at my workplace is interested in what we are doing. It is totally innocent. Even though the nurse is younger than my wife, my wife is also beautiful and has bigger boobs so there us no contest right there.

So this nurse comes by the table and she looks HOT. All of a sudden I realize that I might be in trouble because i was so excite that she was coming by. So I make it a point to introduce her fiancé to my wife. Now, much to my consternation, this fiancé is not much to look at. One certainly would never put the two together. Well, we actually were busy at our booth and my wife was paying attention to the table and didnt react when I mentioned the fiancé. So I mentioned him again saying; "Honey, thus is her fiance (like many husbands, trying lamely to dig oneself out of a hole). Well the fiancé and the nurse give me a funny look and my wife takes the time to smile and say hi. They leave and we continue working the booth.

Still the looks I got from the two of them stayed with me. Then when I saw the nurse again at work she acted differently toward me. I couldn't understand why. Later it occurred to me that the couple might have mistakenly believed that my insistence on pointing out the fiancé was a "Hey honey get a load of this guy! This hot babe is going to marry this funny looking guy! Can you believe it??"

I was just trying to dig myself out if a hole that I may not have been in and instead may have insulted someone I didn't mean to. Every time I see this nurse now, I'm reminded of this whole fiasco.

How did i get myself into a mess like that?

blame bush

Be honest next time.

talk to your wife about it honestly.

If you talk honestly you wont get in these messes

I was completely honest. I don't know if I let my exuberance get me into trouble, or if the hole I dug for myself was only in my mind.

:lol: Well Predfan, I loved your narrative and laughed my head off, all the way through.:lol:

And yes, as someone above mentioned....it was your guilty conscious trying to justify your attraction to the youthful pretty employee. You are human. Variety is the spice and especially if it is young. :D This does not remove the love and attraction you have for your wife. You were just unaccustomed to having to justify to her, as well as yourself, how you could be so excited. :lol:

You are so cute. :clap2: Wife knows you love her.

Guilty of what exactly?

Being attracted to the cosplay girl. It's normal. You feared your wife was going to catch on and think that had some reflection on her.

No no, you misread. I wasn't attracted to her. She's too skinny for my tastes. She's like a fashion model. She can look hot and she did at the con, but she's not my type. I was simply excited that someone from my job was interested in what I was doing. But I was afraid, perhaps unnecessarily that my wife would get the wrong impression so that was how I talked my way into insulting the couple. Hell, I'm not even sure I actually did insult them. How do I approach her to explain myself? I can't. I'm stuck!

As said earlier, you talked too much and then tried to cover it up by talking too much. Congrats man, you're a husband and we ALL do that sometimes. :lol:

I did something similar when I had a party for Comet PanSTARRS. Early in the evening about 20 people showed up to have some drinks and look at the comet and then I did a tour of some other cool stuff to look at. Most of them left and were talking about my cool telescopes at one of the bars and a few texted at around 1:30 to see if I was still up (on a good night I sometimes stay out until sunrise). This group of SMOKING hot girls who were friends of my nephew (a model) came over and were being funny drunk girls.

It sounded much worse than it was and my wife knew that, but it didn't stop her from fucking with me about it. It's one of the things I love about her.

We had a good chuckle when I told her that it was my grand plan - spend countless hours studying Astronomy, invest over $5K in telescopes, all to pick up chicks. :cuckoo: It's kinda funny because while my wife felt a bit catty on the surface, she said she actually liked the feeling that I've still "got it" (even if that's not actually true) in my 40s and I'm still with her. Funny stuff.

Being attracted to the cosplay girl. It's normal. You feared your wife was going to catch on and think that had some reflection on her.

No no, you misread. I wasn't attracted to her. She's too skinny for my tastes. She's like a fashion model. She can look hot and she did at the con, but she's not my type. I was simply excited that someone from my job was interested in what I was doing. But I was afraid, perhaps unnecessarily that my wife would get the wrong impression so that was how I talked my way into insulting the couple. Hell, I'm not even sure I actually did insult them. How do I approach her to explain myself? I can't. I'm stuck!

As said earlier, you talked too much and then tried to cover it up by talking too much. Congrats man, you're a husband and we ALL do that sometimes. :lol:

I did something similar when I had a party for Comet PanSTARRS. Early in the evening about 20 people showed up to have some drinks and look at the comet and then I did a tour of some other cool stuff to look at. Most of them left and were talking about my cool telescopes at one of the bars and a few texted at around 1:30 to see if I was still up (on a good night I sometimes stay out until sunrise). This group of SMOKING hot girls who were friends of my nephew (a model) came over and were being funny drunk girls.

It sounded much worse than it was and my wife knew that, but it didn't stop her from fucking with me about it. It's one of the things I love about her.

We had a good chuckle when I told her that it was my grand plan - spend countless hours studying Astronomy, invest over $5K in telescopes, all to pick up chicks. :cuckoo: It's kinda funny because while my wife felt a bit catty on the surface, she said she actually liked the feeling that I've still "got it" (even if that's not actually true) in my 40s and I'm still with her. Funny stuff.

Funny story thanks for sharing.

Perhaps I should have titled this thread:
"How do we get ourselves in these situations?" And opened it up for everyone to share their social disasters.

If it's that important to you, ask the nurse if you did indeed offend her or her betrothed in some fashion. You can't apologize or begin to make right a slight if you do not know for sure that one exists...

If it's that important to you, ask the nurse if you did indeed offend her or her betrothed in some fashion. You can't apologize or begin to make right a slight if you do not know for sure that one exists...

Probably good advice, but I don't know how to start it. And what if she doesn't understand? How can I explain my need to ask without, even inadvertently, implying that her fiancé is somewhat less than what would be expected in the looks department?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back