How come England was so fast counting their vote? It didn't take them 6 days like 2020 in america.

I don't know if I buy into the whole cheating thing in USA or England. I'm sure there's some but not widespread fraud.

Their population is roughly 1/6 of ours?
True that is, it's about the same amount of people in those battleground states that took so long to count, shouldn't it be faster than england based on those small states in comparison to population?

I get that we have more people and most of the states counted them fast election night, but how come the battleground states took so long when you put the number of their votes to the entire nation of england there's less, not more. So how could england count them so much faster when we had fewer votes in those states that were still counting. Am I making sense?

Do you think it comes from different election laws and stuff like that? Could England be better than us on this?

Lets see..

Maybe because England has one quarter of our population
England does not have 50 independent states counting the vote
England is not dealing with a COVID epidemic

Er.... smaller size (one fifth, not a quarter) means less people voting. It doesn't give any reason to be slower.

England has 650 constituencies independently counting. Rather than 50 states.

England has had the Coronavirus same as the USA.

How come england was able to count its votes faster than us which took 6 days in 2020?
Have we ever had a presidential election, where it took less than 6 days for all the States to count their votes?

NOPE!

It's perfectly normal. Overseas Military vote doesn't even have to be received, until 3 days after an election in most States and some even a longer grace period.

We have early votes to count and absentee votes to count, overseas citizen votes to count, and overseas Military vote to count, and election day in person votes to count..... That takes time, and a lot of volunteers!!!!

But how come england could all it's votes but we couldn't? Are we lacking in american exceptionalism? Do we not have t he best system of poll workers and are badly funded?

How come england was able to count its votes faster than us which took 6 days in 2020?

1. There are 47 million registered voters in England. There are 240 million registered voters in the USA - more than five times as many.

2. The elections are less complicated. There is only a parliamentary election on the ballot. There are no down ballot races Governor or state elections or special propositions to be counted. You only vote for one person in one race.

3. The Prime Minister is not elected by the people, except In his home riding. The PM is elected by the the Party.

4. The government has both online and mail in voting. Mail in ballots are processed and verified upon receipt in the UK, but only counted with the same day ballots and at the same time.

In the USA, verification and processing of mail in ballots cannot begin until All same day ballots have been counted and the count is done separately.

You could have looked that up yourself.

Forum List

Back