How Angela Merkel's Green Agenda Caused the Economic Collapse of Germany

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
As Biden and the Democrats, aided by some RINOs, push the same stupid agenda on America.

Trump, right again.

Remember how the world, especially the American media, fawned over former German Chancellor Angela Merkel?
The adoration was so over the top that in 2015 Time magazine named Merkel its "Person of the Year." It described her as the "Chancellor of the Free World."
Time owes whatever readers it has left a solemn apology. Today, Germans are suffering the bitter fruits of nearly every major economic and geopolitical decision Merkel made as chancellor.
Start with the German economy that she attempted to reset for the 21st century, which is reminiscent of how President Joe Biden explains to inflation-weary voters that we are going through "an incredible transition."
But Merkel's Germany was ahead of us in its "transition." Today, the German economy is in tatters. A recent headline from Business Insider summarized the chaos: "German Industries Could Collapse Due to Russia Natural Gas Supply Cutbacks." The Daily Telegraph recently described Germany as "the sick man of Europe." Things are getting so desperate that the Germans are now considering rationing gas for their major industries to keep the lights on.
How did one of the five wealthiest countries in the world so quickly careen into this economic ditch?
It was Merkel's vision of a new Germany. Merkel was the one who made the decision a decade ago to move Germany away from fossil fuels and nuclear power and instead "go green." Her green energy crusade, which environmentalists heralded as a model for the world, nearly bankrupted the German manufacturing economy until the entire solar and wind energy debacle was scuttled. (Sadly, Biden apparently never got that memo.)
It was Merkel's decision, against the advice of then-President Donald Trump, to build the Nord Stream pipeline. When Trump sagely warned in 2018 that Germans would rue the day they became overly reliant on Russian President Vladimir Putin's energy, Merkel's administration openly scoffed.
Putin isn't the only one getting rich from Merkel's blunders. She negotiated trade deals with China, blatantly undermining Trump's strategy of economically isolating the Beijing menace. She chose to align Germany with rogue and militaristic regimes in Russia, China and Iran. This helped undermine NATO and Germany's post-World War II close ties with the United States.
She refused to pony up the 2% of GDP that Germany owed NATO for Europe's defenses, and she bristled when Trump demanded that be raised to 4%. Perhaps if the Germans and Europeans had heeded Trump's advice, the debacle of Ukraine wouldn't have happened.
The American media, during all this time that Merkel was steering Germany over a green energy cliff, took Merkel's side in her open dispute with Trump. Susan Glasser of the New Yorker snorted in 2018 that Trump had "made war on Angela Merkel and Europe" and the NATO countries were "run(ning) out of patience with the President."
That statement is foolish today, given the collapse of the euro and the economic downturn throughout the continent.
Even as an environmentalist, Europe's savior was a flop. Merkel hogtied German industries to expensive and unreliable "renewable" energy by spurning natural gas and closing nuclear plants. The experiment failed miserably, and now Germany is vastly increasing the share of its power that comes from burning coal. That's no strategy to stop climate change.

democrat history.jpg

As Biden and the Democrats, aided by some RINOs, push the same stupid agenda on America.

Trump, right again.

Remember how the world, especially the American media, fawned over former German Chancellor Angela Merkel?
The adoration was so over the top that in 2015 Time magazine named Merkel its "Person of the Year." It described her as the "Chancellor of the Free World."
Time owes whatever readers it has left a solemn apology. Today, Germans are suffering the bitter fruits of nearly every major economic and geopolitical decision Merkel made as chancellor.
Start with the German economy that she attempted to reset for the 21st century, which is reminiscent of how President Joe Biden explains to inflation-weary voters that we are going through "an incredible transition."
But Merkel's Germany was ahead of us in its "transition." Today, the German economy is in tatters. A recent headline from Business Insider summarized the chaos: "German Industries Could Collapse Due to Russia Natural Gas Supply Cutbacks." The Daily Telegraph recently described Germany as "the sick man of Europe." Things are getting so desperate that the Germans are now considering rationing gas for their major industries to keep the lights on.
How did one of the five wealthiest countries in the world so quickly careen into this economic ditch?
It was Merkel's vision of a new Germany. Merkel was the one who made the decision a decade ago to move Germany away from fossil fuels and nuclear power and instead "go green." Her green energy crusade, which environmentalists heralded as a model for the world, nearly bankrupted the German manufacturing economy until the entire solar and wind energy debacle was scuttled. (Sadly, Biden apparently never got that memo.)
It was Merkel's decision, against the advice of then-President Donald Trump, to build the Nord Stream pipeline. When Trump sagely warned in 2018 that Germans would rue the day they became overly reliant on Russian President Vladimir Putin's energy, Merkel's administration openly scoffed.
Putin isn't the only one getting rich from Merkel's blunders. She negotiated trade deals with China, blatantly undermining Trump's strategy of economically isolating the Beijing menace. She chose to align Germany with rogue and militaristic regimes in Russia, China and Iran. This helped undermine NATO and Germany's post-World War II close ties with the United States.
She refused to pony up the 2% of GDP that Germany owed NATO for Europe's defenses, and she bristled when Trump demanded that be raised to 4%. Perhaps if the Germans and Europeans had heeded Trump's advice, the debacle of Ukraine wouldn't have happened.
The American media, during all this time that Merkel was steering Germany over a green energy cliff, took Merkel's side in her open dispute with Trump. Susan Glasser of the New Yorker snorted in 2018 that Trump had "made war on Angela Merkel and Europe" and the NATO countries were "run(ning) out of patience with the President."
That statement is foolish today, given the collapse of the euro and the economic downturn throughout the continent.
Even as an environmentalist, Europe's savior was a flop. Merkel hogtied German industries to expensive and unreliable "renewable" energy by spurning natural gas and closing nuclear plants. The experiment failed miserably, and now Germany is vastly increasing the share of its power that comes from burning coal. That's no strategy to stop climate change.

I was always astounded by how much credit media continually gave Merkel. I found her to be incompetent and Trumps flippant disrespect to her in public was well deserved.

Russia enjoyed her "leadership" though. Putin respected her so much he brought dogs to meetings with her knowing she had an intense phobia to dogs.

The world isn't all sunshine and rainbows and Putin knew which buttons to press while maintaining energy control over Germany. Don't blame him for her and the America Last idiots.

The order of scientific rules are, 1. Laws 2. theories 3. hypotheses.
Man Made Climate Change is a weak hypothesis.
It's foolish to make major economic decisions based upon a weak hypothesis.
There is no actual proof that global warming is caused by man.
It's just a hypothesis.
CLIMATEchangecultistsfoolonthehillllllll.jpg

We tend to think that European "democracies" are similar to our own but they aren't. The United States of America is the only civilized country in the world to have guaranteed freedoms listed in the Constitution. So called European "democracies" collapse at the drop of a hat when things go wrong.

I don't think it was Merkel's "green agenda." I think that the Green Party has sufficient power to destroy the coalition that kept her in office, so she caved.

And that is a shortcoming of the Parliamentary system.

Regardless, she made some horrible decisions in the last several years. She will go down in infamy in German history.

Trump, right again.

It was Merkel's vision of a new Germany.

Since chancellor Helmut Schmidt was asked about his visions and he answered: "A politician with visions has to visit a psychiatric hospital" not any chancellor of Germany had visions any longer. Also not Angela Merkel. She did do her job. Now she is in pension. We thank you, Angela.

Merkel was the one who made the decision a decade ago to move Germany away from fossil fuels and nuclear power and instead "go green."

Germany made the decision to strengthen the green powers - which had been the only consequent decision in context of the natural facts.

Her green energy crusade, which environmentalists heralded as a model for the world, nearly bankrupted the German manufacturing economy until the entire solar and wind energy debacle was scuttled. (Sadly, Biden apparently never got that memo.)
It was Merkel's decision, against the advice of then-President Donald Trump, to build the Nord Stream pipeline.

The pipeline Nord Stream 2 was decided in 2015 and started to be made in 2018. When it was nearly ready Donald Trump started a war against Germany and this pipeline so it never was used. This all costed more than 10 billion dollar. In case this pipelone had been finished planfully then we had perhaps today a totally different situaion in Europe and the prices for energy had not exploded.

When Trump sagely warned in 2018 that Germans would rue the day they became overly reliant on Russian President Vladimir Putin's energy, Merkel's administration openly scoffed.

Trump never warned Germany. He shot always only on Germany. With hate on Germany - learned hate from old US-American war propagda and maybe also produced hate from Hollywood - he made votes in the USA. Indeed Trump and his friend Putin and other autocrats started the chaos which others have to try to repair now-

Putin isn't the only one getting rich from Merkel's blunders.

?

She negotiated trade deals with China, blatantly undermining Trump's strategy of economically isolating the Beijing menace. She chose to align Germany with rogue and militaristic regimes in Russia, China and Iran. This helped undermine NATO and Germany's post-World War II close ties with the United States.

Seldom I read such a nonsense. It was Trump who destroyed the trust of nearly all Germans in the USA. It was Trump who started an economic disaster with China without to speak with anyone else about his plans - if he had plans, what I doubt about. It was Trump who destroyed a politics with the Iran which needed 13 long years hard work from many international diplomats. He replaced this politics with nothing except empty phrases,

She refused to pony up the 2% of GDP that Germany owed NATO for Europe's defenses,

What's also nonsense. First: The NATO has not any right to force any of the members to spend more money for the own defense. Second: It existed an agreement with president Obama to do so. Germany agreed anyway only with 1.5% as far as I know. And this goal 2% (or 1.5%) was for the year 2024. And the argument this means the USA will waste less money for their own military structure is just simple wrong. For the USA this pseudo-problem had been without relevance.

and she bristled when Trump demanded that be raised to 4%.

To what? Is Trump totally mad? .. Sure he is. He has really never any plan what he tries to speak about.

Perhaps if the Germans and Europeans had heeded Trump's advice, the debacle of Ukraine wouldn't have happened.

It was Trumps friend Putin who made Russia "great again", idiot.

That was exactly true in this time of history. Trump tried even to destroy the NATO.

That statement is foolish today,

I know that nearly all US-Americans are extraordinary bad in the logic of time - but in the time today is not any cause for any decision in the past.

given the collapse of the euro and the economic downturn throughout the continent.

Much more simple: Fortunatelly we have some solar energy and wind energy now. Otherwise the current situation would be much more worse. It's worse enough. The prices for fossil energy explode.

Last edited:
Most of the green environmental groups in Europe and America are funded by putin and xi.

Most of the green environmental groups in Europe and America are funded by putin and xi.

First: Angela Merkel had been a polititician of the conservative political party CDU (Christian Democratic Union). Now exists a government which is oriented more in the left side and the first time in the history of Germany the Green Party (Bündnis 90/Die Grünen) is also part of the government of Germany. "Die Grünen" had been founded in 1980 - but have very complex roots in the 1970ies and 1960ies.

I know by the way on my own a biologist (his name is Dr. Arbter, he may rest in peace) who had been very active in the 1950ies, 1960ies and 1970ies. The sad thing in this context: I guess we had no global warming now if the people had taken more serios people like him and had started to go the right direction. When we had started consequently in the 1960ies then I'm sure the man made climate change would not be this worrying uncalculable problem which it is now.

Last edited:
First: Angela Merkel had been a polititician of the conservative political party CDU (Christian Democratic Union). Now exists a government which is oriented more in the left side and the first time in the history of Germany the Green Party (Bündnis 90/Die Grünen) is also part of the government of Germany. "Die Grünen" had been founded in 1980 - but have very complex roots in the 1970ies and 1960ies.

I know by the way on my own a biologist (his name is Dr. Arbter, he may rest in peace) who had been very active in the 1950ies, 1960ies and 1970ies. The sad thing in this context: I guess we had no global warming now if the people had taken more serios people like him and had started to go the right direction. When we had started consequently in the 1960ies then I'm sure the man made climate change would not be this worrying uncalculable problem which it is now.

The German people have been neutered since the end of WW 2. Sold out by their own. Just like our nation has been in recent decades. There is nothing more comical than a white president 60 years after the Civil rights Act and tens of trillions of dollars spend to correct any wrongs and near 160 years after a war that gave freedom to people denounce his own and condemn them for racism in which have no part of. However, there are people influenced by other people who are convinced that the accused is guilty before innocent.

The German people have been neutered

We have been what?

since the end of WW 2. Sold out by their own. Just like our nation has been in recent decades. There is nothing more comical than a white president 60 years after the Civil rights Act and tens of trillions of dollars spend to correct any wrongs and near 160 years after a war that gave freedom to people denounce his own and condemn them for racism in which have no part of. However, there are people influenced by other people who are convinced that the accused is guilty before innocent.

Do you take yourselve serios? What exactly is your problem?

We have been what?

Do you take yourselve serios? What exactly is your problem?
I believe the German people were picked by the then globalists to be the patsies in that part of the world from 1914 on. The Germans are the smartest people in the not so best location of Europe.

You're an idiot. "Back then" in the 60s and 70s, they thought the planet was getting colder.

I believe the German people were

You believe I was

"picked" = "genommen" ... guess I got it ...

by the then globalists

By whom? By the colonial powers France and England and the USA and their allies? ... The last German emperor had been by the way not only a stupid Prussian but had also been a proud Brit. Indeed fought Great Britain against the own strange colonial ideas when they fought against him. but anyway we fired him and all other nobles in the end

to be the patsies

= To be like them? Sure. "France" comes from the Germans tribe "Franken". And "England" comes frim the German tribe "Angeln" (Anglo-Saxons). And "America" is also a German word ... with an Italian root.

in that part of the world from 1914 on.

In 1913 ended "the good old time". But also in 1806 had ended once "the good old time". From my point of view the best year in Germany had been in 2006 when our football team became the "world champions of our hearts".

The Germans are the smartest people in the not so best location of Europe.

Under every stone here lies a fairy tale. So the place is quite okay and the average intelligence is anyway the same everywhere in the world. The only problem here: Everywhere are Germans.

You're an idiot. "Back then" in the 60s and 70s, they thought the planet was getting colder.

I will not discuss wiuth you about global warming and your political ideas. But also this had been a serios discussion - but in another context. Compare it with yourselve : When you have a heavy sickness with fever the you will also often freeze. The whole way how today many people think seems to be wrong in many cases.

Forum List

Back