how american is your car?

My Camaro was made in Canada.

My Porsche was made in Germany, by the descendants of White Supremacists.

Made in Costa Rica,,,by me
P9030303.resized.JPG

i only buy American cars...because i love America

My 2016 Dodge Dart was made at a Chrysler factory, that was established as such long before I was born. The engine was built in a separate, but similarly old Chrysler factory.

But Chrysler, once one of the three great American automobile manufacturers, is now owned by the Italian company Stellantis, formerly known as FIAT. And by heritage, my Dodge is really some sort of bizarre Alfa Romeo/Mercedes Benz/FIAT/Hyundai/Chrysler mongrel.

When Ford finally gets around to building it, my Bronco will be built at their Michigan Assembly Plant. Somewhere, I recently saw a list of 2021 model year cars sold in America, listed by how “American” they were based on where they were built and where the parts came from to build them. The Bronco was #4 on the list, with only three other cars being deemed to be more “American” than it.

My Touareg was made in Bratislava, Slovakia. My wife's 3-Series was made in Germany. My Goldwing, recently sold, was made in Marysville, Ohio, and my E-bike was made in China, of course.

When buying cars I employ a form of "affirmative action." I check all the American cars first, and if I find one that meets my specification I buy it. Otherwise, I really don't care where it's built.

Forum List

Back