How AMERICAN CAPITALISM can help us address at least two major issues

I know that the masses were misinformed, don't need to be an economist to know that.

Not about tariffs they weren't

You think no one has ever studied the effects of tariffs before Trump got into office?

They were considered a bad idea before Trump ever thought of running for president and they were a bad idea when he implemented them. But idiots who run on emotion are easily led I guess

And all they did was raise YOUR cost of living and doing business.

Do you know how much construction costs have gone up ?

Lumber is about 20% of the total cost and along with millwork makes up the 2 largest material costs and with labor these 3 are 60% of building costs

between 2016 and 2019 lumber prices rose 93% from their rock bottom prices an the middle of 2013

There's been a drop recently but it's still up.
I’m not in that business but no way does framing represent 20% of the total cost of s new house

Not about tariffs they weren't

You think no one has ever studied the effects of tariffs before Trump got into office?

They were considered a bad idea before Trump ever thought of running for president and they were a bad idea when he implemented them. But idiots who run on emotion are easily led I guess

And all they did was raise YOUR cost of living and doing business.
Trump overestimated the economic power of the US relative to our allies such as canada and the euros

No question about it

But trade with china has harmed the US and tariffs are absolutely needed

Trump overestimated the economic power of the US relative to our allies such as canada and the euros

No question about it

But trade with china has harmed the US and tariffs are absolutely needed
Tariffs don't work

There is literally a century's worth of study on tariffs.

FYI Mises is one of the premier conservative/ libertarian economic think tanks so don;t go whining about DNC propaganda here

Tariffs don't work

FYI Mises is one of the premier conservative/ libertarian economic think tanks so don;t go whining about DNC propaganda here
They work if the goal is not doing business with china

Your link costs of framing without dividing raw material cost from labor
It doesn't matter

You specifically said framing I gave you the numbers for framing

When I built my last house in 2015 lumber was about 18% but that didn't include mill work which

That was before Trumps tariffs on Canadian lumber since 2014 to the end of 2022 lumber prices have gone up 90%

Last edited:
They work if the goal is not doing business with china
And they didn't work for that either.

by the end of the first year that the tariffs were in place, U.S. real income declined by $1.4 billion per month.

Tariffs don't work

They eork if the goal is not doing business with china
It doesn't matter

You specifically said framing I gave you the numbers for framing
no, you claimed the price rise of canadian was responsible for making new homes unaffordable and I disagreed

Btw: every nation in the world uses tarrifs

Forum List

Back