How about a "nuclear cool down"?

Just tossing out an idea to potentially cool down "global warming" and hopefully get weather patterns back to normal.

There are vast deserts with very fine sand, very much like talcum powder.

Imagine a "clean" nuclear bomb or two launching tons of dust into the atmosphere similar to the volcanic eruption of Krakatoa. A "mini-Krakatoa".

Global climate​

The eruption caused a volcanic winter. In the year following the eruption, average Northern Hemisphere summer temperatures fell by 0.4 °C (0.72 °F). The record rainfall that hit Southern California during the water year from July 1883 to June 1884 – Los Angeles received 970 millimeters (38.18 in) and San Diego 660 millimeters (25.97 in) – has been attributed to the Krakatoa eruption

Are we desperate yet? What options do we have? Eliminate fossil fuels? Not happening. China is building coal powerplants. There is no free energy solution.

These nuclear dust explosions could happen as often as needed. Just sayin'.
No such thing as a clean nuclear explosion

Got it.

You've finally abandoned your lunatic "the IR isn't absorbed" theory, the pseudoscience garbage that you spent years pushing.

Now, you've switched to ... the mainstream science position that I've been trying to explain to you for years.

That makes me feel good. My attempts to educate you have been successful. It seems that, given enough time, I can educate even the most fanatical denier cult cranks.

Yes, the energy from the IR does leave quickly. However ... here's the big part ... in doing so, it prevents energy further down from leaving, and thus it indirectly warms the oceans.

That was somebody else. Dummy.

Pick your poison. There are nukes with minimal radioactivity. IMHO there are no other viable solutions. We are NOT going to reduce CO2 emissions. As the other OP said, we're past the "point of no return".

Look at Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Fukushima, Chernobyl, and TMI. There are only very local hot spots that can be walled off.
I'm thinking that in a few big deserts low level radiation won't matter, at least as much as global cooling would.
Lol. Talk about a kook.

Forum List

Back