How About a Family Pride Day?

Oh boo-hoo.

Get a grip.
Are you yourself a traditional nuclear family?

Your parents are still married, until death do us part?
You are married and not divorced?

If the 2 above describe you, then celebrate it.
Why do you need a 'holiday' or 'special recognition' day to celebrate what you have.
Rave on. My personal circumstances are neither important to nor pertinent to the truth that a nuclear family with a responsible mom and dad in the home is the very best situation for children.

When you address THAT, you will be demonstrating maybe a wee bit of integrity.

I mentioned the 10+ lesbian families, with their biological children, and they are not in your 'traditional definition."

Do they still count as having principles, values, integrity, common sense and personal responsibility and accountability, that is wholesome, edifying and helpful, or do you consider these non traditional families as crude, rude, vulgar, demoralizing, harmful and destructive.

Well?
We are not discussing lesbian families or whether they have principles, values, integrity, common sense and personal responsibility and accountability. You can make your own thread for that.

But while lesbian mothers can do a very good job raising children, they cannot provide the same dynamics or emotional support that children have with a responsible mother and father in the home.

The nuclear family with a responsible mother and father in the home is the very best situation that a child can have. That will be a fact no matter how much 'woke' folk try to downplay it, pooh pooh it, divert from it, change the subject, etc.

My personal circumstances are neither important to nor pertinent to the truth
Nice deflection.
How hard is it to say that your parents never divorced?
How hard is it to say that you married and stayed married?

Very hard if you are promoting a standard that even you yourself can't honor.

a nuclear family with a responsible mom and dad in the home is the very best situation for children.
The very best, I think not.
I see 100's of students from 'traditional nuclear families' that don't function as you describe, the VERY BEST situation for children.

Why won't you address the 10+ highly functional lesbian families I personally know?

When members of one party are full of hate towards me and my culture and the other party isn’t, it’s not much of a decision.
You see "hate" (translation, you're just like everyone else, not greater than, not less than), but can't see paternalistic contempt? You need to open those eyes.

In Rome Italy this week there was a huge massively attended "Family Pride Day" to celebrate traditional moms, dads and kids.

I'll admit this warmed by heart. We need this here.

I just wonder what the reaction would be from the left here in the USA if Americans staged such an event? Would the talking heads on television even mention it? Or would they condemn it? Would the Squad protest such an event as anti-LGBTX? Or pretend it didn't happen? Would the media even cover it? (Pro choice/women's rights/women's march demonstrations get much news coverage for example, but a huge pro life demonstration got almost none. See Here's why the media ignore the March for Life but fawn over the Women's March )

Would DC even issue a permit to have it?

A 'Family Pride Day' is a great idea. I'm sure that liberals would support it - including the LGBT constituency.

I realize that wingnuts can't comprehend people being for something without being against something else, but we keep hoping that you'll all have an epiphany.

The nuclear family with a responsible mother and father in the home is the very best situation that a child can have.
Sometimes ^^^^.
Not always.

Unless you are a teacher, a counselor, or a youth pastor, you don't see families the way they do. You just don't, no matter how much you claim that you are stating facts. You are NOT stating facts.

When members of one party are full of hate towards me and my culture and the other party isn’t, it’s not much of a decision.
Did you ever think why you feel one party is full of hate to your culture?
Can you seriously say you hear them say they hate your culture?

You know, I can say I love you to someone and a third party can claim I said it sarcastically and simply wanted to screw with the emotions of the person I said it to.

When did Trump say he hated your culture? When did Biden say he hated your culture?

Never happened.

Nice deflection.
How hard is it to say that your parents never divorced?
How hard is it to say that you married and stayed married?

Very hard if you are promoting a standard that even you yourself can't honor.

The very best, I think not.
I see 100's of students from 'traditional nuclear families' that don't function as you describe, the VERY BEST situation for children.

Why won't you address the 10+ highly functional lesbian families I personally know?
My parents did divorce. I was emotionally and physically abused by my biological father before they divorced. My personal circumstances were pretty awful as a kid though there were definitely also bright spots. I did not benefit from a loving responsible mom and dad in the home.

But my circumstances are irrelevant to the fact that a responsible loving mom and dad in the home is the very best situation/circumstance for kids. My husband and I made damn sure our kids had that.

And no matter how much people like you don't want to admit it, it is still just as true as ever.

My eyes have been open for years about what this country is really all about.
If you don't vote, you really don't have much to complain about because you refuse to do the one thing that has any impact. Democrat know you support them and know that they won't lose that support no matter how contemptuously they treat you. They don't even have to worry about losing your vote.

A 'Family Pride Day' is a great idea. I'm sure that liberals would support it - including the LGBT constituency.

I realize that wingnuts can't comprehend people being for something without being against something else, but we keep hoping that you'll all have an epiphany.
Almost all of my gay friends, associates, colleagues were blessed with having a mom and dad in the home and I agree all would say that was not only important but extremely beneficial to them.

But the liberals here aren't supporting it. They're doing their damndest to ridicule it or downplay it or dismiss it as unimportant to pretend that national holidays are to celebrate the nuclear traditional family which none of them do.

I can read.

Yep.

Kill the buffalo kill the Indian.
The only good Indian is a dead Indian.
“Merciless Indian Savages”
All statements from the government.
The last one is from the Declaration of Independence.
Can you name the Republican who said those things? And you do realize, don't you, that the Declaration of Independence was written well before the parties came into existence?

Sometimes ^^^^.
Not always.

Unless you are a teacher, a counselor, or a youth pastor, you don't see families the way they do. You just don't, no matter how much you claim that you are stating facts. You are NOT stating facts.
Have a nice day Wimco. I'll discuss this with the ability to understand what the topic is.

In Rome Italy this week there was a huge massively attended "Family Pride Day" to celebrate traditional moms, dads and kids.

I'll admit this warmed by heart. We need this here.

I just wonder what the reaction would be from the left here in the USA if Americans staged such an event? Would the talking heads on television even mention it? Or would they condemn it? Would the Squad protest such an event as anti-LGBTX? Or pretend it didn't happen? Would the media even cover it? (Pro choice/women's rights/women's march demonstrations get much news coverage for example, but a huge pro life demonstration got almost none. See Here's why the media ignore the March for Life but fawn over the Women's March )

Would DC even issue a permit to have it?

There should be no pride month.

Being a freak is a personality characteristic not an accomplishment that deserves reward.

And no matter how much people like you don't want to admit it, it is still just as true as ever.
My stance is this: These 10+ lesbian families are highly functional and I KNOW that they are well rounded, caring, and loving families.
You seem to think this ^^^^ doesn't exist, it only exists in a traditional nuclear family, which you didn't have growing up, and I'm sorry about that.

My Great Grand Parents, Immigrants from Europe.....Never Divorced
My Grandparents.....Never Divorced
My Parents.....Never Divorced
Myself and my siblings.....Never Divorced
None of my children, nieces or nephews ever Divorced.

We define a traditional nuclear family, yet get attacked daily for being a communist, nazi, pedo, indoctrinator, etc.
All because of weak skinned pos team trump cult members.
Team trump......the ultimate in non-traditional....the entire premise of your thread.

If you don't vote, you really don't have much to complain about because you refuse to do the one thing that has any impact. Democrat know you support them and know that they won't lose that support no matter how contemptuously they treat you. They don't even have to worry about losing your vote.
I don’t come to places like this to complain. I come here and other places to spread awareness. As far as my vote goes, I do not vote for someone I don’t believe in.

Forum List

Back