How about a Dog Lover's Thread?

Today is day 22 of Teddy as our dog. I went to get his license from the City, and learned that I could have his entire record. I was aware that Teddy had run away 13 times, but when I saw the actual record I was sad, and then angry at the previous owner. If I ever find out who Teddy's owner was, I will say nothing, and lead with my left.

Below are the dates Teddy was found and put in the shelter. As I type out each date, I will be thinking about the abuse Teddy suffered that made this wonderful dog run. Why does a dog or a teenager run from a home? It does not require a four year degree to figure this out. Something was wrong in the home.

12/15/2009, (weight 30 pounds)
12/17/2009
1/17/2010
1/25/2010
2/14/2011
4/6/2011
11/12/2011
11/14/2011
1/26/2013
3/19/2013
3/24/2013
3/3/2014
3/9/2014 (Overweight at 106 pounds)

The record shows that the previous owners paid over $600 on shelter holds. Four citations were given at a cost of about $400, and finally Teddy was taken away form the owners on 3/9/2014 and placed with Golden Retriever RESCUE under court order. Now in my name Teddy gets a fresh start. How could anyone abuse this amazingly smart and warm dog. Today, I am not going to post anything else because I have nothing more to say except that Teddy will NEVER have a reason to run from us.​

Golden_July_4.jpg
sad_funny_gif_baby_picture.gif

don't be too quick to judge. The owner shelled out a lot of money to get the pup back, repeatedly. The problem could have been bad fencing, or a single person in the household who left the wrong door open. In my house, my dogs got out repeatedly because of a 5 y.o. granddaughter who liked to open the door and watch them run out.

Enjoy the pup, and don't waste too much time worrying about his past life. You can't know what it was, live in the moment with your dog.

I had a rottweiler that could open doors...they say that chocolate is bad for dogs, that rott would jump on the counter and drag large bags of candy out of the cupboard and eat it all, never phased him a bit. unfortunately when we moved out here to the country there were people poisoning cats, dogs and livestock, we lost 7 dogs that year...2 show pigs and three Boer goats, plus they would also shoot any dogs or cats that were dumped or strayed in their yard...

I had a rottweiler that could open doors...they say that chocolate is bad for dogs, that rott would jump on the counter and drag large bags of candy out of the cupboard and eat it all, never phased him a bit. unfortunately when we moved out here to the country there were people poisoning cats, dogs and livestock, we lost 7 dogs that year...2 show pigs and three Boer goats, plus they would also shoot any dogs or cats that were dumped or strayed in their yard...

One of my boxers ate a whole bag of Christmas Hershey kisses.
His turds were quite festive for a few days with all the green red and silver foil.:lol:

His turds were quite festive for a few days with all the green red and silver foil.:lol:

yeah, my dogs like to eat the ornaments of the tree and crap festive colors, of course the cats would want to climb, hide and wrestle in the tree....

yeah, my dogs like to eat the ornaments of the tree and crap festive colors, of course the cats would want to climb, hide and wrestle in the tree....

In AZ, we had Colorado river toads, enormous big things that would get into the yard. When I rained, I'd be out there, scooping them up and putting them outside the fence so the dogs wouldn't get them because they're very toxic if licked or eaten. Dogs who eat them often die.

We had a wonderful black lab who loved to lick them. I swear, she would get stoned from slurping those poor toads.

Flippin gross!

My saint can open doors. He can open doors with knobs (front door) and he can open the patio door (sliding glass). And he can unlock it, too.

I came home a couple of times to find him hanging out in the yard. It took a long time to figure out that it wasn't that we were leaving the doors unlatched (I yelled at the kids don't know how many times for not checking the door).

In AZ, we had Colorado river toads, enormous big things that would get into the yard. When I rained, I'd be out there, scooping them up and putting them outside the fence so the dogs wouldn't get them because they're very toxic if licked or eaten. Dogs who eat them often die.

We had a wonderful black lab who loved to lick them. I swear, she would get stoned from slurping those poor toads.

I am surprised that humans haven't done that.

I am surprised that humans haven't done that.

Actually, they do.

:)

Attachments

• $177379_3431131835842_344416020_o.jpg
    $177379_3431131835842_344416020_o.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 256
  • $61790934A.jpg
    $61790934A.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 265

Forum List

Back