How A Right-Wing Lie Becomes A Meme In Real Time

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"President Joe Biden visited striking auto workers in Detroit on Tuesday and joined them on the picket line in a historic first for a sitting president. But a video showing Biden speaking to the workers includes a misquote that’s going viral on X, the social media platform previously known as Twitter. The misquote was shared by Benny Johnson, a right-wing media personality with over 1.8 million followers on X.

“Joe Biden minutes after slipping on steps of Air Force One: ‘I marched a lot of UAW picket lines when I was a Senator since 1973. But I tell you what— first time I’ve ever done it in person,’” Johnson incorrectly quoted the president as saying. As the video clearly shows, President Biden said “this is the first time I’ve ever done it as president,” not “in person.”

Meet Benny Johnson, a right-wing social media influencer, Trump sycophant and professional liar. He is one of many many many right-wing media types whose sole purpose is to lie and hope their idiot followers will believe the lie and....if things really go as planned, their followers won't even care its a lie and continue believing it....

This is the bread and butter of right-wing messaging. The lie will later be in a meme, repeated over and over again - and try as you might to try to correct it, it won't matter. This is how the cycle works and this is why these folks get so triggered about being "fact checked" -- because if you pay attention to bottom of the tweet - you will see this:

Image 9-26-23 at 5.02 PM.jpeg

In other words, his lie was so lazy and over the top stupid, that even Elon's Twitter had to debunk it...and it still won't matter.....this is why it is so easy to be a right-winger, because you are absolutely not constrained by facts whatsoever, just make it up....and then cry "censorship!!" when someone corrects you.

"President Joe Biden visited striking auto workers in Detroit on Tuesday and joined them on the picket line in a historic first for a sitting president. But a video showing Biden speaking to the workers includes a misquote that’s going viral on X, the social media platform previously known as Twitter. The misquote was shared by Benny Johnson, a right-wing media personality with over 1.8 million followers on X.

“Joe Biden minutes after slipping on steps of Air Force One: ‘I marched a lot of UAW picket lines when I was a Senator since 1973. But I tell you what— first time I’ve ever done it in person,’” Johnson incorrectly quoted the president as saying. As the video clearly shows, President Biden said “this is the first time I’ve ever done it as president,” not “in person.”

Meet Benny Johnson, a right-wing social media influencer, Trump sycophant and professional liar. He is one of many many many right-wing media types whose sole purpose is to lie and hope their idiot followers will believe the lie and....if things really go as planned, their followers won't even care its a lie and continue believing it....

This is the bread and butter of right-wing messaging. The lie will later be in a meme, repeated over and over again - and try as you might to try to correct it, it won't matter. This is how the cycle works and this is why these folks get so triggered about being "fact checked" -- because if you pay attention to bottom of the tweet - you will see this:

View attachment 834534

In other words, his lie was so lazy and over the top stupid, that even Elon's Twitter had to debunk it...and it still won't matter.....this is why it is so easy to be a right-winger, because you are absolutely not constrained by facts whatsoever, just make it up....and then cry "censorship!!" when someone corrects you.

They would rather be lied to if it feels right.

View attachment 834534

Dude, seriously? I make memes all the time and none of them are true. You really think we take memes seriously? My God you're an idiot.

biden sniffs a big one.png

biden putin horse.jpg

biden speaks.jpg

Brinton3 biden sniffs.jpg

the sniffer biden.png

Yeas sir mo,(ron) all of of these are actual photos of Biden. Really.

Trump “talked to striking workers”

AT A NON UNION PLANT

Trump “talked to striking workers”

AT A NON UNION PLANT
We argue unions. Detroit and other cities built from industrial might and declined from in part union corruption and greed are struggling entities of their former selves. The best industrial era for us was WW 2 to around 1970 for employees. The rest of the world in different industries caught up and surpassed us in many ways. Now we are mandating paying fast food workers 20 dollars an hour.

Forum List

Back