Houston, we have a problem

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
Biden Administration Deploys the Civil Rights Act To Stop a $7 Billion Highway Project in Houston
The Federal Highway Administration is asking Texas officials to hit pause on a massive highway widening project while it examines whether it violates Title VI of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Man, I could interject so many anecdotes here they would fill a book- I'll use just one though. The interstate they're talking about is I45 heading north- the first time I came to Houston, in the early 60's (I moved here in the late 60's) they were beginning the construction of I45 south to Galveston- it's still being worked on- a local radio station, years ago, (in the early 90's) called it the 401k freeway- I guess this one will be dubbed 401k. 2

Houstons main problem began in a city that was never actually "hit" by a Hurricane. Many refer to them as dual citizens. Perhaps dey iz ?

Bypass the cities. Go around them. Let them stew in their own makings. To many fools moving in from blue states want the same type of government they had where they came from. We saw the future last year. Safety and security is of a higher percentage away from these areas. After all...it is officially of "equity" now and has been for decades but did not have an official name..

I was trampling through Houston in the summer of 2019, and they were doing work on I45 around Emancipation Avenue, and I toured the neighborhoods around there; and there were not a lot of houses that would be displaced - there was plenty of room.

I bicycled from Houston to Galveston and went along the feeder roads, and they were under construction for about ten miles, or what ever, when I went over to Galveston Road.

Last edited:
Biden Administration Deploys the Civil Rights Act To Stop a $7 Billion Highway Project in Houston
The Federal Highway Administration is asking Texas officials to hit pause on a massive highway widening project while it examines whether it violates Title VI of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Man, I could interject so many anecdotes here they would fill a book- I'll use just one though. The interstate they're talking about is I45 heading north- the first time I came to Houston, in the early 60's (I moved here in the late 60's) they were beginning the construction of I45 south to Galveston- it's still being worked on- a local radio station, years ago, (in the early 90's) called it the 401k freeway- I guess this one will be dubbed 401k. 2
Has this been same company that did the Big Dig in Boston libturd?

I was trampling through Houston in the summer of 2019, and they were doing work on I45 around Emancipation Avenue, and I toured the neighborhoods around there; and there were not a lot of houses that would be displaced - there was plenty of room.
Emancipation Ave???.lololol Never heard that one.

Looks like it is the downtown perhaps the Pierce Elevated area. Everybody want that fixed but nobody want construction down there either. The last time they worked on it was a nightmare.

I don't remember a time when there wasn't construction on I 45 somewhere between Galveston and Conroe.

I bicycled from Houston to Galveston and went along the feeder roads, and they were under construction for about ten miles, or what ever, when I went over to Galveston Road.
Pretty cool. Haven't done crap like that in about 40 years. Surprising, you get busy, turn around and some stuff you enjoyed regularly, you haven't gotten around to, in a long time.

Forum List

Back