House repubs to target Social Security and Medicare cuts

Here are recommendations to cut spending and raise revenue to start paying down the $32T Debt

• Hire another "Grace Commission" to audit and fix the Federal budget deficit (eliminate duplication)

• B. Cut Spending: [CUT $625b a year]
    1. Cut defense to 2017 levels of $600b until the Debt is reduced, saving $150b. NO WHINING
    2. Cut foreign aid $55b (until Debt is paid we can't borrow to give money away)
    3. Cut Welfare $200b & Medicaid $200b (about half)
    4. Cut education $20b (state responsibility)

US Government Defense Spending History with Charts - a www.usgovernmentspending.com briefing
    Current US Defense Spending:
    Year Military Veterans Foreign Aid Total Defense
    2017 $598.70 billion $178.00 billion
    $46.30 billion $823.00 billion
    2018 $631.20 billion $180.40 billion $49.00 billion $860.50 billion
    2019 $684.60 billion $202.10 billion $54.30 billion $941.00 billion
    2020 $737.90 billion $219.20 billion $53.10 billion $1.00 trillion

• To cover the $900b budget deficit the following taxes need to be raised:
    1. Raise the top tax rate about 7% above 2016 levels +$400b
    2. Implement a new 3% Fed sales tax +$400b
    3. Implement a new transaction tax on all stocks & bonds
    Impose a Tax on Financial Transactions | Congressional Budget Office +$100b
    4. Implement a new remittances tax/fee on all money sent out of the US
    Taxing Remittances Can Build the Wall 2% of $140b is +$3b a year

• Reform entitlements, Medicare & Social Security, currently projected to be insolvent: Medicare 2024, SS 2035

So my answer is to cut spending AND raise taxes. No other way will work.

A sane, politically realistic, no tax-cut-cult budget fix proposal from a rightwinger?

Now I've seen it all.

Oh, looky, he learned a new word besides penis...The sorry bastards never talk about cutting their salaries, benefits, retirement, perks, freebies and crotch massages.
That guy thinks he's being cute. There are many other words that describe him. Like the word that he likes best.

That guy thinks he's being cute. There are many other words that describe him. Like the word that he likes best.

That is miketx alter ego. You can tell. They like the same thingy. Also known as pito.
You howler monkeys are terrified, No one is cutting anything except some of you, when you finally realize you are done, your throats.

Watch the House repubs try to cut SS and Medicare. We would not even have those programs if it were left to America's Taliban, the GOP.
So you didn't even bother to read the article attached to the OP?:
"“What we have been very clear about is, we’re not going to touch the benefits that are going to people relying on the benefits under Social Security and Medicare,” Roy said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union.” .

"“What we have been very clear about is, we’re not going to touch the benefits that are going to people relying on the benefits under Social Security and Medicare,” Roy said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union.” .
Let's see what happens. It is a fact that the repubs speak out of both sides of their mouth.

• Funny
Reactions: DBA

Well, here we go again. I guess there needs to be room for more tax cuts for the super wealthy.

'Quiet in the set....Fear-Mongering Scene Take 5,231....'Action!'

1673369999116.png

'They're coming for your SS, your
Food Stamps, your medicare AGAIN...
AAAAAUUUUGGGHHHHHHHHH
!'

1673370115711.png

'Republicans want dirty air, dirty water,
and wants to push grandma over a cliff.'

1673370240092.png

'They're coming....they're coming for all of us - Ruuuun Awaaaaaay!'

laughing hilariously.jpg

The discussion is for means testing and reduction in benefits for individuals exceeding 100k net adjusted income. About 10% of the population. Money is money but$235 less per month won’t mean anything to someone netting $8,000 per month.
The thread title is ANOTHER lib loon scare tactic in this case trying to present the Republican House as a scary and damaging thing.
Hoax and fake is all Dems make.

The discussion is for means testing and reduction in benefits for individuals exceeding 100k net adjusted income. About 10% of the population. Money is money but$235 less per month won’t mean anything to someone netting $8,000 per month.
The thread title is ANOTHER lib loon scare tactic in this case trying to present the Republican House as a scary and damaging thing.
Hoax and fake is all Dems make.
Wait and see Sherlock. I hope you are right, but judging from the incompetence of the repub house to this point, I will believe it when I see it.

Well, here we go again. I guess there needs to be room for more tax cuts for the super wealthy.

I expect the NaziCons will start out just nibbling on Social Security and Medicare like they did on abortions - before they go in for the final kill. At a minimum they want to privatize it so that greedy corporations can get their hands on all that money that workers paid into the safety net programs during their working lives. People who vote Republican need to wake up!

FmHFS1QWAAMN4aE

I expect the NaziCons will start out just nibbling on Social Security and Medicare like they did on abortions - before they go in for the final kill. At a minimum they want to privatize it so that greedy corporations can get their hands on all that money that workers paid into the safety net programs during their working lives. People who vote Republican need to wake up!

FmHFS1QWAAMN4aE
Such fake emotive fear mongering sap. Ever since Covid you all have latched onto fear mongering in an attempt to have fear constantly defeat fact. We’ve seen that for years and now others are starting to .

Meaning those currently collecting. Doesn't say anything about not fucking with what folks will be collecting from here forward. It is going to happen and we all know it.

Forum List

Back