House Republican Predicts Half of GOP Supports Ousting Liz Cheney as Conference Chair

Her days are numbered. She must be getting political advice for Jeb Bush.

One House Republican predicted Wednesday that as many as half of the House Republican conference might vote to oust Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) as the House Republican Conference chair.
Politico’s Melanie Zanona reported that one House Republican not affiliated with the House Freedom Caucus said as many as half of the House Republican Conference may support ousting Cheney as the third-ranking Republican over her support for impeaching President Donald Trump.
Link
Cheney rebuffed calls for her to resign or be ousted from her position in House Republican leadership.
“I’m not going anywhere,” she told Politico Wednesday. “This is a vote of conscience. It’s one where there are different views in our conference.”
She continued, “But our nation is facing an unprecedented, since the Civil War, constitutional crisis. That’s what we need to be focused on. That’s where our efforts and attention need to be.”

Some of these fucker still don't get it, they are not there in a personal capacity, they are called representatives for a reason, they are there to represent the views of those that elected them. If they can't do that, they need to fucking resign and make room for someone that will.

Actually, our Founders saw the Senate as the place where reasonable people would put the brakes on a misinformed and misdirected crowd of voters. When even the senators are bamboozled by the grifter, we got problems.

Holding tight to Trump is not the answer. Finding popular policies that will appeal to these folks is fine-- that's what they're supposed to do. But continuing to kiss Donald's ass is not not necessary and in the long run it won't help them individually. Trump's name is mud and he's earned it. Time to flush him, folks, and go back to acting like you live in the oldest and strongest democracy in the world, where if we lose we get working on the next time, not taking out our AR's.

Actually the Founders set the senate as the States house, with senators selected by the State legislatures until the 17th amendment destroyed that vision.

Of course you're free to keep spewing your propaganda, but the vast majority of republicans, and others say they would vote for Trump in 2024. The only reason nazi palousey pushed the impeachment the way she did, is Trump scares the hell out of you commies. When Trump is acquitted again your commie tears will be delicious.

Last edited:
It’s not surprising how much you got wrong in this post. But suffice to say most of your knowledge on this is false, probably because you’ve been lead to believe these false things because the truth is inconvenient to Trump.

Is that so? Well if you want to challenge me, be my guest. I'll be happy to provide links to my claims.

Liz Cheney is a POS turncoat....she is hated in Wyoming with reason! :mad:

Liz Cheney suffers impeachment vote blowback at home: 'Couldn't win a primary today for dog catcher'

Let's hope that those people in Wyoming have a long memory.

They'll be reminded, trust me.

One House Republican predicted Wednesday that as many as half of the House Republican conference might vote to oust Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) as the House Republican Conference chair.
Politico’s Melanie Zanona reported that one House Republican not affiliated with the House Freedom Caucus said as many as half of the House Republican Conference may support ousting Cheney as the third-ranking Republican over her support for impeaching President Donald Trump.
Link
Cheney rebuffed calls for her to resign or be ousted from her position in House Republican leadership.
“I’m not going anywhere,” she told Politico Wednesday. “This is a vote of conscience. It’s one where there are different views in our conference.”
She continued, “But our nation is facing an unprecedented, since the Civil War, constitutional crisis. That’s what we need to be focused on. That’s where our efforts and attention need to be.”

Ms. Cheney should really be thrown out of the caucus, and stripped of her committees. If she can't be counted on, she can caucus with Pelosi and Biden.

If she can't be counted on to do what? Lie as directed? That's what Cheney is refusing to do - lie to protect Donald Trump.

You've just admitted that in order to be a leader in the Republican Party you have to be prepared to lie on behalf of the party and deceive the American people.

He could put us through this again.

I see. So you think that's what the founders created impeachment for? Read your Constitution. Impeachment is an action against a representative for a high crime or misdemeanor which Trump didn't do either this time or last. Impeachment is not to get even with a political foe or to stop them from running for office again.
Ray, Trump is EXACTLY the kind of guy the Founders included impeachment for, and they would want him stopped from abusing the office again. I think he should have been removed the last time. Since he got away with that one, he escalated to the spectacle we've witnessed for the past three months. Ukraine was a clear example of what he would do to win, but the Repubs found him to be too popular to stop, and got the entire right to ignore it by hollering FAKE NEWS..

Give me the high crime or misdemeanor. Give me the law broken this time or last.

Remember the new standards set by the commies in 2022 when we get the House back. Republicans will impeach Biden twice because he smiled the wrong way. If the Democrats can use mind reading or Thought Police as a reason for impeachment, then anybody can do the same thing.

There's no point in giving you any information. You'll deny it anyway.

There as none so blind as those who will not see.

Liz Cheney is a POS turncoat....she is hated in Wyoming with reason! :mad:

Liz Cheney suffers impeachment vote blowback at home: 'Couldn't win a primary today for dog catcher'

They why did they just re-elect her?

I'm sure the writers from the Moonie Times have their fingers on the pulse on the Wyomming voters.

Link
That's ok, all the Democrats and many of the republicans support ousting every republican representative that supported the insurrection.

What insurrection? The one sponsored / foisted by the Left last week at the Capitol or the 150 they promoted, fed and supported all over the country last year?

Link

Ms. Cheney should really be thrown out of the caucus, and stripped of her committees. If she can't be counted on, she can caucus with Pelosi and Biden.

If she can't be counted on to do what? Lie as directed? That's what Cheney is refusing to do - lie to protect Donald Trump.

You've just admitted that in order to be a leader in the Republican Party you have to be prepared to lie on behalf of the party and deceive the American people.

No one is asking anyone to "lie" at all.

Just to stick together with your President and not rush to judgment and vote to impeach without a single witness or document.

Lie about what? This has nothing to do with lying.

There's no point in giving you any information. You'll deny it anyway.

There as none so blind as those who will not see.

Which is what I say about you commies all the time. Read my post 140, and then get back to me with your so-called information.

I don't see it that way, I'm not a lawyer, but I know when something is seriously wrong. You need to repeat Boy Scouts.

Never been a boy scout and never a lawyer either. But you don't need to be a lawyer to understand the Constitution. The Constitution explicitly states that impeachment is punishment when a representative commits a high crime or misdemeanor. There was no high crime when Trump asked another leader to "do him a favor." There was no impeachable offense when Trump asked his supporters to protest legally and peacefully.

Now let's look at the so-called evidence. Before we do that, I want to remind you that every word in the English language has a definition.

The Communists decided that when Trump asked Zelensky for a favor, he really meant Ukraine wouldn't get their US aid unless Zelensky complied. Yet nowhere in the transcript did Trump even hint at that. The key word here is "favor" and as I said, all words in the English language have definitions.

favor
[ fey-ver ]

See synonyms for: favor / favored / favoring on Thesaurus.com
noun
Something done or granted out of goodwill, rather than from justice or for remuneration; a kind act: to ask a favor.

The most recent phony impeachment: The FBI reported that the Capital riot began 20 minutes before Trump gave his speech, even if he did tell people to riot. Therefore there is no possible way that whatever Trump said in his speech incited the riot. In fact, the FBI contacted the Capital police warning them the day before this might take place according to their investigations. When the Capital police asked the Commie Mayor for assistance from the National Guard, she refused the request. The assailants came equipt with face shields and zip lock handcuffs. That means this was not a spontaneous act. It was planned as the FBI stated.

But Piglosi knew this. She lied that it was Trump who incited the rioters, just like the commies lied about a video nobody seen leading to the US embassy attack that killed three Americans. So she led an impeachment based on a lie just like the first impeachment.

You think you know when something is seriously wrong, but I know when something is seriously wrong. When a commie leader impeaches a President for exercising his first amendment rights, that's definitely wrong.
You really need to stop defending him. He and his cronies acted like two bit thugs, getting rid of the ambassaor and entirely bypassing his State Department, stopping the $400 million payment that had already been approved by Congress, pushing for a public on-air announcement from Ukraine that Biden was being investigated....
Trump knows how to do a shakedown. Ukraine's president knew exactly what was at stake. It was filthy dealing, and the only thing worse than having our President do it was our Congress refusing to boot him out for it.

No it didn't, but it was Comey who sent agents to talk to Flynn personally to set him up.
Asking Flynn questions is not setting him up.

Papodopolous was charged with lying about when and how he met Misfud to cover up the fact that Russian assets were trying to reach Trump with their information on Clinton. He was not charged with trying to accept anything.

You really need to stop defending him. He and his cronies acted like two bit thugs, getting rid of the ambassaor and entirely bypassing his State Department, stopping the $400 million payment that had already been approved by Congress, pushing for a public on-air announcement from Ukraine that Biden was being investigated....
Trump knows how to do a shakedown. Ukraine's president knew exactly what was at stake. It was filthy dealing, and the only thing worse than having our President do it was our Congress refusing to boot him out for it.

You said it yourself: Zelensky "knew" what Trump meant. Really? Where are these crystal balls for sale that you leftists all seem to own? Your people impeached a President over what "they though" Trump meant instead of what he said. I guess one of the talents of being A leftist is being able to read minds. Well when we take over the leadership of the House, we're going to read minds too. If Thought Police is now the avenue you want to use for impeachment, we can play that game as well.

Getting rid of an Ambassador is no reason to impeach a President. If it was, DumBama would have been impeached his first day in office since he got rid of all ambassadors before even entering the white house.

Trump was investigated for Russia collusion when the only person who sought Russian information to interfere with an election was Hillary Clinton with the help of the DNC. Trump was impeached over an attempted quid-pro-quo when he never used a quid-pro-quo; he only asked for a favor. The only person that used a quid-pro-quo was Joe Biden, and he even went public and laughed about it. But hey! Since quid-pro-quos are now an impeachable offense, that's what the Republicans can use for Biden's first impeachment the day they take leadership.

Papodopolous was charged with lying about when and how he met Misfud to cover up the fact that Russian assets were trying to reach Trump with their information on Clinton. He was not charged with trying to accept anything.

And? Still trying to convince people that interviewing Flynn constitutes a “set up”?

Telling Flynn there was no need for a lawyer so they could entrap him was.
There was no need for a lawyer but they also said that he could have one if he wanted.

How did they entrap him by asking him questions about his communications with Russians?

Telling Flynn there was no need for a lawyer so they could entrap him was.
There was no need for a lawyer but they also said that he could have one if he wanted.

How did they entrap him by asking him questions about his communications with Russians?

They should have told him it was an official investigation into his doings, and he would have gotten a lawyer.

Forum List

Back