House Releases 4 Trillion Budget, turning Medicare into Voucher System

This paragraph from the GOP blueprint could have been written by me:

Since 2001, there have been more than 5,800 changes made to the tax code. Many of the major changes have carved out special preferences, exclusions, or deductions for various activities or groups. These tax breaks sum to roughly $1.4 trillion per year. To put that figure in perspective, the federal government collected about $1.5 trillion in individual income taxes last year.

Thank you. Thank you very fucking muuuuuuuch. How long have I been hammering on this?

Strengthen the Earned Income Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit Program Integrity. The EITC is susceptible to fraud and abuse. According to the Internal Revenue Service, 24 percent of EITC payments were issued improperly in fiscal year 2016 (about $16.8 billion). To reduce these errors in the EITC program, this budget proposes requiring verification of income before these benefits are paid and using the resulting savings to eliminate marriage penalties. In addition, the budget would require individuals seeking the refundable child tax credit to submit a Social Security number for each child in order to claim the credit. Under current law, a Social Security number is now required in order to claim children under the Earned Income Tax Credit.

It looks like the same Paul Ryan budget that has been floated for five years
Ryan never gets tired of being defeated

Ending Medicare as we know it is a non-starter. None of his colleagues will face their angry voters over Medicare

As usual, Republicans hide their debt in overly optimistic economic projections......and then, ten years from now, an economic miracle will occur and this budget will balance itself

Democrats don't hide their massive debts. The sonofabitches flaunt it.

Medicare needs to be abolished.

It's another ponzi scheme.

If a person can't afford insurance when if they retire then they have to keep working.

hey dope.. a ponzi scheme can never be fixed

exactly
A Ponzi scheme has two criteria. It requires more and more payees to sustain more and more payouts with no way out.

Medicare has a way out. A very simple one. But it takes courage on the part of our politicians to solve it, and they are utterly spineless.

This is why I have been saying for a long time the Medicare and Social Security eligibility ages need to be raised to 70 immediately, and then indexed to 9 percent of the population going forward.

Then neither program will be a problem any more.

If a person can't afford insurance when if they retire then they have to keep working.

exactly

so why is Trump blowing smoke up your ass ?

oh yeah, because he can and youre too dumb to know it.

What, I'm supposed to agree with Trump 100% just because I voted for him?

exactly

so why is Trump blowing smoke up your ass ?

oh yeah, because he can and youre too dumb to know it.

What, I'm supposed to agree with Trump 100% just because I voted for him?

SS/Medicare isnt a ponzi scheme ... you read that and you agree with it soooooooooooooooo

Ending Medicare as we know it is a non-starter. None of his colleagues will face their angry voters over Medicare

As usual, Republicans hide their debt in overly optimistic economic projections......and then, ten years from now, an economic miracle will occur and this budget will balance itself

Democrats tax and spend
Republicans cut taxes and spend

Which is worse?

Democrats tax and spend
Republicans cut taxes and spend

Which is worse?

Republican Russian ass kissers cut taxes and spend by a looooooooooooooong shot.

FACT the federal budget has increased every year since the late 1950's. These morons in congress have borrowed and spent us into a black hole of debt, they raided the Social Security trust fund stealing the people's money and pissed away $2 trillion of that with no way of paying it back. Every damn election they promise more borrowing and more handouts to buy votes. If congress were a publically traded company they would all be doing time in prison.

43 was going to use his political capital to privatize SS too ... how'd that work out ?

Lie!

dont insist I make you look like the dumbass you really are ..

WTH ... too late

Within days after the election, President Bush made it clear that he did not intend to play it safe on Social Security reform and other controversial issues. In a post-election press conference, he asserted, “I earned capital in this campaign, political capital, and now I intend to spend it.” He was as good as his word. By mid-January of 2005, the White House had launched a huge initiative, directed by Karl Rove and Ken Mehlman, to mobilize public opinion and build public support for Social Security reform and other key presidential proposals.

Why the 2005 Social Security Initiative Failed, and What it Means for the Future

then he failed miserably ..

the end, you dumbass.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back