House of Cards season 2 (review in progress)

AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie
I'm waaaaaay far behind on this show. Previously, I only got to about episode 3 or 4 of season 2 of House of Cards. Since it has been a few years since I saw those episodes, I started the season from the beginning. I'm now about to start episode 8 of season 2. So far, my favorite character in all of season 2 is this man:

9O9KrL9.jpg

Without giving anything away, it's nice to see someone finally go toe-to-toe with that race pimp Democrat, Frank Underwood. Final thoughts and score coming after I finish this season.

Season 1 was great. My favorite line from season 1 is "It's a long road to confirmation."

I'm waaaaaay far behind on this show. Previously, I only got to about episode 3 or 4 of season 2 of House of Cards. Since it has been a few years since I saw those episodes, I started the season from the beginning. I'm now about to start episode 8 of season 2. So far, my favorite character in all of season 2 is this man:

9O9KrL9.jpg

Without giving anything away, it's nice to see someone finally go toe-to-toe with that race pimp Democrat, Frank Underwood. Final thoughts and score coming after I finish this season.

Season 1 was great. My favorite line from season 1 is "It's a long road to confirmation."
/---- I couldn't make it past the first few scenes of the first season Episode 1. Just something about it that bothered me.

9O9KrL9.jpg

/---- I couldn't make it past the first few scenes of the first season Episode 1. Just something about it that bothered me.

Yeah, it's a very dark show, so I had to take a break from it for a while. But the acting, directing, cinematography, etc. are all top notch, so I've always been meaning to get back to it.

On a good note, it stops being so dark a few episodes into this season. It's still got those dark David Fincher vibes, but no where near as dark as season 1.

I'm now on episode 11 (13 episodes total in season 2). So far, season 2 is pretty fascinating. I'm hooked enough to see how this season ends and to see what the set up is for season 3.

Ok, I finished all 13 episodes in season 2. I'm going to rate it in sections based off the top of my head.

For about the first 3 episodes, I'd rate the show 6/10.
From about episodes 4-7, I'd rate the show 8/10
For episodes 8-10, I'd rate the show 9/10.
For episodes 11-13, I'd give the show 10/10.

If you average those out, It comes out to 0.823, so I'll round down to 8/10 for the season.

Without spoiling anything, what I really loved about this season more than season 1 is how this season really knocked the Underwoods down a few pegs by showing that they're not gods. They're not untouchable, omniscient puppet masters who can manipulate everything and everyone.

Last edited:
Started season 4 tonight. After being completely rocked by corruption scandals, Underwood has opted for the Trump/Roger Stone playbook. So far it's staying true to reality. Underwood gains the support of the ignorant masses, while people who know what's happening are horrified by it. I expect to the season to head towards government officials resorting to leaks and sabotage to save the nation, just like we're seeing now against Trump.

I'm about halfway through season 3. I'm surprised by how much lighter this show has gotten since the first season. The first season was like David Fincher's Se7en, but season 3 is nothing like that. I'm liking season 3. Episode 6 is my favorite so far.

Not that I don't like dark stuff, but I don't think I could keep watching House of Cards if every season was as dark as season 1. Or I'd at least need to take long breaks in between seasons lol.

I'm about halfway through season 3. I'm surprised by how much lighter this show has gotten since the first season. The first season was like David Fincher's Se7en, but season 3 is nothing like that. I'm liking season 3. Episode 6 is my favorite so far.

Not that I don't like dark stuff, but I don't think I could keep watching House of Cards if every season was as dark as season 1. Or I'd at least need to take long breaks in between seasons lol.
I predict you'll stop watching less than 10 minutes into season 4. But I also challenge you to prove me wrong.

I predict you'll stop watching less than 10 minutes into season 4. But I also challenge you to prove me wrong.

If it turns dark again, that's cool with me. I don't mind variety.

Started season 4 tonight. After being completely rocked by corruption scandals, Underwood has opted for the Trump/Roger Stone playbook. So far it's staying true to reality. Underwood gains the support of the ignorant masses, while people who know what's happening are horrified by it. I expect to the season to head towards government officials resorting to leaks and sabotage to save the nation, just like we're seeing now against Trump.

Except Trump is actually trying to save the country...while underwood, a democrat, is destroying it......and he is also a fictional character....

The really funny thing......when shows like this come out about different groups, those groups tend to complain about how they are portrayed....like the Sopranos and Italians......when democrat politicians were asked about the show, they all said they loved it...even obama.....

See.....the democrats want to be frank underwood...to do what he does and to get away with it....that is why they aren't upset with the show.......

Except Trump is actually trying to save the country...while underwood, a democrat, is destroying it......and he is also a fictional character....

The really funny thing......when shows like this come out about different groups, those groups tend to complain about how they are portrayed....like the Sopranos and Italians......when democrat politicians were asked about the show, they all said they loved it...even obama.....

See.....the democrats want to be frank underwood...to do what he does and to get away with it....that is why they aren't upset with the show.......
Aw you poor snowflake :itsok:

I finished season 3. Really solid season. It wasn't action packed, but the story and acting was good. 9/10 for the season.

I did predict what would happen as I watched the season finale: (SPOILERS FOR SEASON 3):

I knew Doug was going to turn the van around and kill Rachel/Cassie. I also knew Claire was going to leave Frank/Francis.

I finished season 4. Overall, I'd give this season a 9/10 as well, but the finale was a 10/10. There was also one other amazing, standout moment for me this season. SPOILERS:

When Kevin Spacey half-threatened Catherine Durant in the Oval Office with the letter opener, then played it off like he was just pranking her. That was Spacey at his best. Reminded me a bit of the Joker from the The Dark Knight.

I finished the last episode of season 5. Season 1 is still the best, but season 5 might be my second favorite season.

SPOILERS:

I love how they showed the deep state controls the President. Also, this show is like a twisted, alternative universe where Hillary Clinton becomes President.

Forum List

Back