House Bill Would Revoke Washington NFL Team's Trademarks

Everyone seems to have a drop of Native American blood. Bunch of Injun fuckers.
when they look like this.....do you blame them?....

native_american_women_photos_01.jpg

native_american_women_photos_09.jpg

native_american_women_photos_14.jpg

No, except for that last one.
that was for shootspeados.....

n-WASHINGTON-REDSKINS-LOGO-large570.jpg

Rep. Mike Honda (D-Calif.) introduced legislation Tuesday that would revoke trademarks for the Washington NFL team for as long as the franchise keeps its controversial name.

"It is unbelievable to me that, in the 21st century, a prominent NFL franchise is calling itself by a racial slur," Honda said in a statement. "Team names should not be offensive to anyone. Allowing trademark protection of this word is akin to the government approving its use. Removing that trademark will send a clear message that this name is not acceptable."

The bill would officially deem the word "redskins" a disparaging term, making it ineligible for trademark under the Lanham Act. The legislation would retroactively revoke the team's existing trademarks and block new ones using the term. Honda co-sponsored similar legislation in 2013.

More: House Bill Would Revoke Washington NFL Team s Trademarks

Sounds good. However, Republicans will probably vote against the bill.

Of course they will -- this bill is nonsense and is going nowhere. What a waste of time.

Also, a poll that says some % of people find the name offensive or racist or whatever is not the same as a poll that says they think it should be changed or that the government should take steps to force the change. As I'm sure you are aware real polls show most Americans feel the name should not be changed -- big majorities.

Also this dopey congressman says - team names should not be offensive to "anyone". Really -- so what about Pirates, Vikings, there probably isn't asingle name that isn't offensive to someone. And we all know if the Redskins are changed - it wont be - the indian crowd with nothing better to do comes after Indians, Braves, Chiefs, Blackhawks next.

Yawn

What a load of horseshit.

The team has had that name for decades and now all of a sudden its a slur on native americans??

Well I'm part native american and I think its a symbol full of pride towards native americans.

Congress has better things to do than worry about the name of a fucking football team.

Good God. They need to grow the fuck up.

Yea name a NFL team the Fighting Pollocks or Krauts like I care

I think this is an awesome idea.

Let's go now and eavesdrop on the New York Hebes bench.

QB: Coach! We're down to these Boston Micks by 7 points!

COACH: Yeah. I jewed them down from 21.

QB: Ah! Thanks, Coach!

COACH: Now eat some of this soup before you go back out there. Eat! Eat! Eat!

Meanwhile, on the other side of the gridiron, the Boston Micks are a little worked up.

QB: Coash...the Gatorade cooler ish empty (*hic*).

COACH: Jaysus, Mary, and Joseph! There was five gallons of Jameson's in there! It shoulda least lasted you guys troo the first quarta!

Hey Lokhota, I'm interested in your opinion on the Red Mesa High School. It's a high school in Arizona that is 99% Native American. It uses the Redskin Mascot.

Rep. Mike Honda (D-Calif.) introduced legislation Tuesday that would revoke trademarks for the Washington NFL team for as long as the franchise keeps its controversial name.

"It is unbelievable to me that, in the 21st century, a prominent NFL franchise is calling itself by a racial slur," Honda said in a statement. "Team names should not be offensive to anyone. Allowing trademark protection of this word is akin to the government approving its use. Removing that trademark will send a clear message that this name is not acceptable."

The bill would officially deem the word "redskins" a disparaging term, making it ineligible for trademark under the Lanham Act. The legislation would retroactively revoke the team's existing trademarks and block new ones using the term. Honda co-sponsored similar legislation in 2013.

Of course they will -- this bill is nonsense and is going nowhere. What a waste of time.

Also, a poll that says some % of people find the name offensive or racist or whatever is not the same as a poll that says they think it should be changed or that the government should take steps to force the change. As I'm sure you are aware real polls show most Americans feel the name should not be changed -- big majorities.

Also this dopey congressman says - team names should not be offensive to "anyone". Really -- so what about Pirates, Vikings, there probably isn't asingle name that isn't offensive to someone. And we all know if the Redskins are changed - it wont be - the indian crowd with nothing better to do comes after Indians, Braves, Chiefs, Blackhawks next.

Yawn

LOL - you think real Pirates are offended by the Pittsburgh baseball team's name?????

Oh jeez - you can't make this stuff up.

I think I'll ask my Congressman to introduce a bill that will make ANY use of any Indian tribe or group a disparaging term and indication of racial bias. Tribal names like Seminoles, Lakhota..even though "Lakhota" is misspelling of "Lakota" !

Yawn

LOL - you think real Pirates are offended by the Pittsburgh baseball team's name?????

Oh jeez - you can't make this stuff up.

Im sorry I wasn't clear enough for you - I assumed the rationale would be obvious but clearly I assumed too much. My guess is that anyone who has been the victim of piracy -- go watch the movie Captain Phillips, that will help you understand - might well find it no laughing matter and nothing to venerate or hold out as admirable. So under the standard of = if anyone finds the name offensive - it should go

And just so you don't think I was saying that the name Vikings might be offensive to Vikings (although based on your clever reply you probably think exactly that) that name would be offensive to anyone who opposes raping , pillaging and wanton unprovoked mass murders - perhaps women might be especially sensitive. Hope that helps you better understand this. If necessary, I'll be happy to try to make it clearer for you

Stupid liberals like yourself like ANYTHING that goes against "Freedom of Speech".

The "Redskins" team name is not nor ever has been a disparaging, offensive remark.

:fu:

The Federal Communications Commission is considering penalising broadcasters who identify the team, while the Justice Department is now defending the constitutionality of the Landham Act, which prohibits trademarking insulting phrases and was used to revoke the team trademarks.

Forum List

Back