Hottest January day ever recorded

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009

Somebody on the USMB asked where their global climate change is? Check out Stockton, Modesto and Sacramento - hottest January day ever recorded.

But the temperature made Friday [Jan. 24, 2014] the hottest January day ever recorded in downtown Sacramento, said Stefanie Henry, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service. The previous record for Jan. 24 was 70 degrees, set in 1984, while the record for the month of January was 74 degrees, set Jan. 31, 1976. It was the 10th day this month that the downtown Sacramento location had posted a record high, Henry said.

My sister lives in Bakersfield, Ca. Armpit of the USA. Their air levels are now at purple. Worst EVER. She said it looks like tokyo....can't see more than 10 feet in front of your face and they have to wear white masks when going outside. Heat, windy, nothing but a dust bowl full of poisonous air.

I'm not sure if Dont Taz Me Bro got his/her panties in a bunch because I pointed out that global climate change includes weather from around the whole world or-----or if Dont Taz Me Bro was trying to prove my point that global climate change includes weather stats from around the whole world but-----but s/he did prove my point - thanks!

Also, thanks for using the word "vortex". It seems like just a couple of weeks ago some ignoramus said vortex was a "left, the media" "created" word - what a dumbass.

"Salinas, Calif. also set its January monthly record high Wednesday, topping out at 83 degrees. This record was then surpassed on Thursday with a high of 84 degrees. Records in Salinas date to 1878. Santa Maria, Calif. also set an all-time January record high of 89 degrees on Thursday."

Just one of the many discrepancies with the myopic right in general and Dont Taz Me Bro in particular (on this thread), posting article after article after... about a couple of weeks of weather in part of the US - to prove his/her thesis that global climate change doesn't exist is, s/he is posting articles that cover short periods, snapshots in time - while ignoring the big picture.

The Hockey Stick Lives: Canadian Arctic Warming Unprecedented In 120,000 Years

By Joe Romm
January 27, 2014

<snip>

Since radiocarbon dating is only accurate to about 50,000 years and because Earth’s geological record shows it was in a glaciation stage prior to that time, the indications are that Canadian Arctic temperatures today have not been matched or exceeded for roughly 120,000 years, Miller said.

“The key piece here is just how unprecedented the warming of Arctic Canada is,” said Miller…. “This study really says the warming we are seeing is outside any kind of known natural variability, and it has to be due to increased greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.

<snip>

"the warming we are seeing is outside any
kind of known natural variability"

Just one of the many discrepancies with the myopic right in general and Dont Taz Me Bro in particular (on this thread), posting article after article after... about a couple of weeks of weather in part of the US - to prove his/her thesis that global climate change doesn't exist is, s/he is posting articles that cover short periods, snapshots in time - while ignoring the big picture.

Not at all, I'm simply showing that for every stupid anecdotal article you post "proving" your claim I can post several stupid anecdotal articles "disproving" your claim.

It wasn't hard.

Not at all, I'm simply showing that for every stupid anecdotal article you post "proving" your claim I can post several stupid anecdotal articles "disproving" your claim.

But we never made a claim, other than that we were shooting down your side's endless "Cold weather at my house proves global warming is a hoax!" logic failures.

It's really not complicated. Refuting your side's bonehead errors does not mean we're making those same errors.

The majority of Americans, concerning "Global Warming" or "Climate Change" or all of your other articles of faith is:

WE

DON'T

GIVE

A

Shit.

What we do care about is that your whining has become so shrill it's set otherwise peaceful dogs to howling.

Their ears hurt and if you keep it up we're gonna have to call in PETA.

Henry, you really don't understand how small your fringe cult is? I imagine not, given how steadfast you are about refusing to leave your cult non-reality bubble.

Face it, Henry. You're not a skeptic or freedom fighter. You're a brainwashed political cultist, a fact which most of the world understands. Sorry that I had to be the one to break that to you.

And yes, I understand how this intervention won't help right now. You'll have to hit rock bottom before you ask for help. When you're ready, we'll be there for you.

The majority of Americans, concerning "Global Warming" or "Climate Change" or all of your other articles of faith is:

WE

DON'T

GIVE

A

Shit.

Somebody on the USMB asked where their global climate change is? Check out Stockton, Modesto and Sacramento - hottest January day ever recorded.

But the temperature made Friday [Jan. 24, 2014] the hottest January day ever recorded in downtown Sacramento, said Stefanie Henry, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service. The previous record for Jan. 24 was 70 degrees, set in 1984, while the record for the month of January was 74 degrees, set Jan. 31, 1976. It was the 10th day this month that the downtown Sacramento location had posted a record high, Henry said.

Is that the same day most of the country was in a deep freeze?

When are you going to learn the difference between weather and your delusions?

Your title is misleading. It was the hottest in a couple California cities but I am betting not the hottest in the world.

Then you go on to attack someone for showing that in more than a couple cities we had record lows and you have the audacity to say THEY don't understand the difference between climate world wide and local weather.

All you posted was local WEATHER.

I'm not sure if Dont Taz Me Bro got his/her panties in a bunch because I pointed out that global climate change includes weather from around the whole world or-----or if Dont Taz Me Bro was trying to prove my point that global climate change includes weather stats from around the whole world but-----but s/he did prove my point - thanks!

You're a flaming idiot. You post a thread about how some city in California recently experienced the hottest January day that city has ever recorded. But then you bitch about someone else not being "global" enough.

Here's another one for you. Two days ago my town experienced the lowest temperature ever recorded in the town in any month, and from what I can tell one of the top five lowest temperatures this half of the state has ever experienced in recorded history. For weeks now we've been experiencing cold temperatures that are breaking century old records. And next week will make this winter one of snowy and icy conditions the likes of which have not been seen around here since British colonial rule.

You're a flaming idiot.

Oooooohh... getting testy are we?

You post a thread about how some city in California recently experienced the hottest January day that city has ever recorded. But then you bitch about someone else not being "global" enough.

I would have thought the idea was to point out, by example, how useless it is to talk about local weather in a discussion of global climate.

Here's another one for you. Two days ago my town experienced the lowest temperature ever recorded in the town in any month, and from what I can tell one of the top five lowest temperatures this half of the state has ever experienced in recorded history. For weeks now we've been experiencing cold temperatures that are breaking century old records. And next week will make this winter one of snowy and icy conditions the likes of which have not been seen around here since British colonial rule.

Like this.

Last edited:

(((((((((YAWN))))))))))))

-Geaux

Forum List

Back